How people are getting the platinum in just one week?!?

HugoA-El

I spent like 100 hrs in this game taking my time. From what I can tell, this is still a very easy game to platinum, if you just speed through the entire game. You don't even have to fight most enemies, just rush towards the main objective and the wealth collectibles. Also most doors and rubble caves can be bypassed with abilities so yeah... It is not a slog like Origins/Odyssey, especially on easy mode. 

31 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm genuinely curious, what exactly is "awful" about it? For someone who actually owns the game and is 50+ hours in, it's been a pretty fun and engaging experience so far. 

Its not like the original AC games(this has been an issue since AC4 Black Flag) , the ps4 port is kinda awful not gonna lie due to bugs and glitches and well, Ubisoft is a crap company because of the leaders abusing the devs and so on. 

Honestly I love this game but I see why people hate it. At worst its just another uninspiring open world collectathon. If you sit down however, ignore the "assassin creed" logo and just play it as a viking epic, it's actually an amazing game. It's the "legacy" that comes with this game that tarnishes its reputation. 

If it was called Valhalla only I bet it will receive less complaints. 

• Like 1

I managed it in about a week and a half, it was fun to play but burned me out. I think I logged around 110 hours-ish.

Mind you that was skipping every cut-scene and about 10 hours of that was the darned fishing!

I only went so fast because I wanted to finish it before unboxing my PS5, that was the incentive I suppose :D

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm genuinely curious, what exactly is "awful" about it? For someone who actually owns the game and is 50+ hours in, it's been a pretty fun and engaging experience so far. 

Just over 50 hours in as well.

I wish it ran better on PS4, I've had a few too many blue screen crashes, audio glitches, and frame rate drops. But since I can't get hold of a PS5 it is what is it right now. I also wish the combat was a bit better than it is, Ghost of Tsushima really put Ubisoft to shame in that regard, but I'm still having fun with it.

Other than that I have no complaints about it so far. I bought the game because I wanted to sink my teeth into an RPG in a beautiful open world and it's certainly delivering on that front. I think the quests and writing in particular are much improved over Odyssey and I'm a big fan of how varied the open world activities are in this game. I'm a sucker for games with a settlement / base building mechanic too - I loved upgrading my pirate island in Black Flag and I like it here in Valhalla too. And finally I really like setting for this game, it's making me want to watch the show Vikings again.

In regards to the topic discussion I completely agree with what Stan Lee said. I'm not one for skipping cutscenes in games and I like to make games I'm really enjoying last as long as I can, but I've been enjoying this so much it's tough to put the controller down at times.

1 hour ago, Trini said:

Looks boring and repetitive.  also looks buggy and generic the voice acting.  You're obviously a big Assassins Creed fan from looking at your profile.  sorry didn't mean to rag on your favorite franchise.  

8 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I probably don't speak for every1 who does it, but sometimes those who speed through a run, actually spend more time on it than those that dont. 

Sometimes they will do their first casual run, then many repeated runs after to try and get that time down, a lot more time spent than a casual run by itself

Granted, it is a waste of time, but I guess videogames are, all about fun xD

I have nothing against speedruns but imo someone's first playthrough should always be a casual run. I can't fathom blasting through a game as a speedrun for my first playthrough. Sure, they may blast through the game a million times and end up putting in more time than someone who does one casual run, but they're never going to experience the game as well as someone who takes time to explore and whatnot. Different strokes though, I guess.

I honestly don't know how I could possibly speedrun a AAA game like this as my first playthrough. I want to take my time and go through the experience, because while I've been rather critical on modern AAA games these past couple years or so, there is a team of talented developers who put their blood, sweat and tears into this game. Even Assassin's Creed Origins, which granted isn't my favorite game in the series, definitely broke ground in the franchise, Ubisoft was even nice enough to have a Discovery Tour mode. If they didn't care at all, we wouldn't of gotten that.

I find that to land a spot on the Fastest Achievers list (front page) for a AAA game, you have to dedicate at least 10 - 12 hours a day going after all the trophies. I spent an average of 7 - 8 hours a day on Just Cause 3, did all the DLC including all the stupid challenges, I fell just short of the top page in fastest achievers by getting everything done in a week and one hour. I expect that you can spend 12 - 15 hours a day on Assassin's Creed Valhalla going after the trophies, I think you stand a pretty good chance of being one of the fastest achievers.

But paying $60 - 70 for a AAA game, I want to see all the cinematics and fine details the developers put in. Speedrunning would just destroy all of that, because skipping cutscenes is basically a necessity and to me it goes against the way the game was intended to be played.

I find indie games to be much better candidates for speedrunning because they sacrifice cinematics and presentation for pure gameplay. A good number of indie games have speedrun trophies, like Furi for instance, one of my favorite indies to come out in the PS4 generation. Assassin's Creed Valhalla just wouldn't be fun for me if I just rushed through it.

• Like 2

On 30/11/2020 at 2:19 AM, Optinooby said:

Thats a real good time, I though it could only be brought down to abt 20hrs legit!

Do you know if he uses any glitches?? 

He probably used a lot of shortcuts in-game, considering the fact his future HZD speedruns also do the same thing.

Edited by test-dummy-99

25 minutes ago, ShahinMiah said:

Then you haven’t played it. Seeing and playing are two different things. I can tell you, this one is the best one since probably Black Flag

Maybe but the game has more bugs on release than Origins and Odyssey combined. There was not enough playtestiging on this one.. But HEY! ''Gotta make that money :D''

Edited by GoryGreg

56 minutes ago, GoryGreg said:

Maybe but the game has more bugs on release than Origins and Odyssey combined. There was not enough playtestiging on this one.. But HEY! ''Gotta make that money :D''

Luckily enough, I haven’t encountered any bugs aside from one which a quick reload fixed from 10 seconds before the i encountered the mystery. So my play through has been real smooooooth and I can’t complain ?

I was in lockdown when the game came out so was playing 16-18 hours a day. Took me a total of 115hrs to do everything (not just the trophies but everything the game has to offer). My completion time on here is over 2weeks though as I got screwed by the fabric problem and had to wait for a patch to fix it! I would have been in the top 5 first achievers if it wasn’t for that damn fabric!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

Then you haven’t played it. Seeing and playing are two different things. I can tell you, this one is the best one since probably Black Flag

What makes the game so good? Every mainstream review site is saying how different the game is. I have trouble believing that. Don't get me wrong, I would love an excuse to play it. Judging by the last trailer before release, the world looks gorgeous, which has always been my number one reason to play AC games. But then I looked at the gameplay and I'm like... been there, done that already.

I loved Black Flag, I loved Origins. I bought both of them on day one. But I've played Odyssey a few months ago and it was a total bore-fest for me. Mainly the repetitive gameplay loop and extremely cringy dialogs. I suspect my taste in games has changed over the years since the game was very well received.

The final nail in the coffin for me not to buy Valhalla was the fact that now the base game takes 120 hours to Platinum. I was bored to death with Odyssey after 15 hours, don't ask me why I finished it with all the DLCs ? If Valhalla would be 60 hours like Origins/Odyssey I would still probably try it.

Edited by BloodyRutz

9 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

i mean it's an opinion my friend a lot of people who have played it offer a different opinion.  There may come a time when there isn't a slew of great game sitting in my backlog to be played that I may be interested in giving it a shot but it won't be anytime soon or for a $100.00 price tag i can tell you that.  But i am glad that you are enjoying it because in the end that is all that matters.

Edited by steel6burgh

21 hours ago, ShahinMiah said:

Luckily enough, I haven’t encountered any bugs aside from one which a quick reload fixed from 10 seconds before the i encountered the mystery. So my play through has been real smooooooth and I can’t complain 1f604.png

One of those bugs locks me out of the plat :P

Im the 23rd platinum achiever here! It does take like 100 or so hours. I was playing 12+ hours a day and the type of gamer I am is as soon as I'm allowed to free roam I go do all collectibles and side quests first before main story. I kept regular saves in case there was a bug and just kept going. It's completely doable in one week. The ONLY thing I had troubles with was trying to get those darn fish to spawn!!

I watched all cutscenes and played on normal mode though.. game was surprisingly easy. 

Edited by Folgers101
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 0:37 AM, Folgers101 said:

Im the 23rd platinum achiever here! It does take like 100 or so hours. I was playing 12+ hours a day and the type of gamer I am is as soon as I'm allowed to free roam I go do all collectibles and side quests first before main story. I kept regular saves in case there was a bug and just kept going. It's completely doable in one week. The ONLY thing I had troubles with was trying to get those darn fish to spawn!!

I watched all cutscenes and played on normal mode though.. game was surprisingly easy. 

So, I take it that the plat takes much more work than Origins then?

18 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So, I take it that the plat takes much more work than Origins then?

Couldn't tell you. And my time stamps won't be much help either ? some games I play in between others some games I stay up playing only that one ? I don't have much for memories of that game either even though it wasn't too long ago. But I'd say AC origins is probably easier because you don't have to deal with the BS fishing! Hahaha

its really not that hard, there is no difficulty trophies so you can play on whatever you want and just enjoy the game. Plus with all big games like this there were God mode, money/exp glitches so it fastracked the platinum time. I posted the god mode glitch myself on these forums so yeah. 

To the people assuming that to get this platinum will require them to be "jobless and sitting at home all day" you just sound mean and spiteful. relax its not hard

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Does it require doing that character change thing?

It got patched, If you have a disc copy you could go back to version 1 and still do it, it required you to start an orlog game and then once its started fast travel away with the map and you then all enemies did not track you or attack. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

It got patched, If you have a disc copy you could go back to version 1 and still do it, it required you to start an orlog game and then once its started fast travel away with the map and you then all enemies did not track you or attack. 

Ah nice, yeah I have disc version :D though I haven't started the game yet. Considering whether to finish the plat for Origins and 100% for Odyssey first, or go in on Valhalla. 

• Like 1