Reforged version coming December 3

Caesar Clown

Dauntless is undergoing an update on the December 3rd which will be altering the game quite a bit.

https://playdauntless.com/news/slayers-path-progression/

They've said nothing about the trophies getting changed, but since it sounds like the entire "leveling" system is being changed, the Mastery ones may or may not become harder to earn. If you can, you probably want to finish them up now. The pursuits are also being removed, so trophies involving slaying certain behemoths maybe become sort of luck based.

Edit: Well, looks like the trophies stay the same. Mastery levels are still in the game, but I can't tell if it takes longer to hit the required levels since I've already hit them. They did remove some but replaced them with more experience based mastery challenges.

Edited by Caesar Clown

• 2 weeks later...

As reference here are the old trophies (still not updated on this site)

1S82661e.png Behemoth Breaker
Defeat a Behemoth with Every Part Broken

70.5%
Common
40-bronze.png
2Sffb2ca.png Craft Services
Craft a Weapon from Behemoth Parts
  78.80%
Common
40-bronze.png
3S9ce6f3.png Buy Low, Cell High
Cook an Epic Cell with the Middleman
  18.21%
Rare
40-bronze.png
4Sa6c417.png Can't Touch This
Complete 100 Perfect Dodges
  17.26%
Rare
40-bronze.png
5S0471aa.png Have an Ice Day
Slay a Frostback Pangar
  9.43%
Very Rare
40-bronze.png
  Darkness and Light
Defeat Shrowd and Rezakiri
  4.65%
Ultra Rare
40-silver.png
7S6bbe3c.png Slayer Supreme
Reach Player Level 40
  1.24%
Ultra Rare
40-gold.png
8S876fa3.png All Decked Out
Possess a +10 Sword, Axe, Hammer, Pike, and Chainblades
  1.38%
Ultra Rare
40-silver.png
9S2cfa69.png The Master
Complete any Mastery Card

Edited by Dreamcast12

I've been playing the past few days, it was pretty unorganized before update but now it's a complete mess.

I don't understand how you can update a game and make it worse than what is was.

I really want to like the game but the whole f2p, messy UI, crappy guidance makes it very unbearable.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MGenteluci said:

after the update I think the trophy All Decked Out is no longer obtainable, since you can no longer upgrade something to +10, can anyone confirm this?

The trophy was changed a while back, this site just never tracked it. The current trophy is reach level 10 Mastery in 7 weapons (which is all the weapon types).

And yes, I played it after the update and the power level thing is just weird. It's easy to level your weapons up, but your armor?.. I don't know how unless you have to Power Surge them to raise them, which is a lot of grinding.

2 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

The trophy was changed a while back, this site just never tracked it. The current trophy is reach level 10 Mastery in 7 weapons (which is all the weapon types).

And yes, I played it after the update and the power level thing is just weird. It's easy to level your weapons up, but your armor?.. I don't know how unless you have to Power Surge them to raise them, which is a lot of grinding.

thats a relief. About the armor, apparently it goes up as your weapons goes up, if you are at power level 20 with repeaters and have 540 weapon power, you will be somewhat around that with your armor, its a bit confusing but somewhat like that.

9 hours ago, MGenteluci said:

thats a relief. About the armor, apparently it goes up as your weapons goes up, if you are at power level 20 with repeaters and have 540 weapon power, you will be somewhat around that with your armor, its a bit confusing but somewhat like that.

Ahh ok thanks. I gave it a try and leveled up a weapon and yeah, the resistance went up as well.