Is 100% obtainable? is the game active in 2020?

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if 100% is obtainable in this game and if it still has a good player base to easily find lobbies?

About DLC, i heard it needs to be boosted cuz' is empty or only active on certain moments of day/night.

Thinking to start it so i need to know if everything will be fine and there's no unobtainable stuff which would be annoying af if it had.

Compared to pvz gw2 or pvz BFN, how would you rate the difficulty of this one? 

Thanks for any info/tips provided here. 

Edited by black_opREADYf1

49 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

going off of the ps3 version, its still very active, so i would asumme the ps4 version would be active as well, the gnome bomb trophies are the only mode i needed to boost but that can be done 1v1. 

ohh thats nice, not many players needed to boost and if i would need to boost any game base trophy too hard for me or something, would it also be 1v1 minimum? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 3:04 PM, RonanO_1O1 said:

How long does the platinum take?

Quite a long time honestly. Assuming you can get the garden ops trophies in 1 or 2 hours, the grind in multiplayer will probably take you at least another 30-40. Spend all of your money though on the packs that get challenge tokens. I didnt start doing that until a bit into my playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2021 at 3:04 PM, RonanO_1O1 said:

How long does the platinum take?

It took me about 80 hours IIRC, but I'm not great at shooters, so it might be faster for you.

I'd recommend boosting the trophy for 10 kills will the peashooter's weapon. It's pretty hard to get.

I got it recently and the more annoying trophy was the super boss wave. It is so random to get a boss wave and depends highly on luck. Otherwise I think the 100% is easy and just takes some time. The game dies down around midnight every day which was weird, you will need to boost with one other for the dlc because for the most of the time the gnome bomb is a dead gamemode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2021 at 5:34 PM, RonanO_1O1 said:

I got it recently and the more annoying trophy was the super boss wave. It is so random to get a boss wave and depends highly on luck. Otherwise I think the 100% is easy and just takes some time. The game dies down around midnight every day which was weird, you will need to boost with one other for the dlc because for the most of the time the gnome bomb is a dead gamemode.

I got super boss wave pretty early on honestly. It was probably 5th Garden Ops game I've tried on Crazy difficulty with two other players and we've got three Disco Zombies. Weed Wacker and the 400 zombies trophy is probably the longest one alone with getting to 50th lvl.

• Like 1

I'm doing everything I can legit and so far I'm enjoying the game a lot. It's possible to get 100% (started the game like 2-3 days ago as I'm writing) because the main game modes are still played and you can just boost Gnome Bomb with a friend. I don't like multiplayer that much, but this game is a rare exception for me.

Edited by LoStraniero91
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2020 at 2:45 AM, Leenewbe said:

Gnome Bomb is 1v1, think the rest are 2v2. If you wanted to boost the classics were dead A.F. on PS3 as you cannot use customisations or upgrades so I assume the same for the ps4 version.

FYI: All multiplayer game modes demand just 2 players to begin a match except for Gardens & Graveyards which requires 4 players.

Edited by Dry

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 10:47 PM, Blonde said:

How bad is it? 1f440.png

The most time consuming trophies are Hunting Season and Weed Whacker, because people tend to choose certain characters over the others - like Foot Soldier on the Zombies' and Peashooter on the plants' side. You can boost it up with other players in a private game though to get these faster.

When it comes to difficulty the hardest task is definitely beating Garden Ops on Crazy. It requires some luck with easier waves as they are a little random and good co-op partner/s that know what to do. There's a lot of videos on YT which show you the strategies to make beating it easier. The most popular map has to be the Sharkbite Shores but it's all down to your preference. Some characters are better than others but your best bet would be gathering more than 1 player and using as many potted plants of the best kind as possible (like Bamboo Shoot for example). I've already got the plat some time ago but that's what I remember about this game.

The other character based trophies aren't that tough to do. If you have problems getting them then try finding a boosting player. Don't know what's the situation on servers and how many people still play it now.

PS Just looked through the trophies again and from what I remember the Sun Heals (Sunflower's) and Snaretastic (Chomper's) trophies can be done in Garden Ops as there's no indicator about players in the description. The rest however has to be done against people. The game is very fun most of the time (though some players' gamestyle can be very cheap), so getting all the trophies shouldn't be a big of a chore. Many of these are cumulative while others require some luck but it's nothing impossible. You may have to boost the trophies from the Gnome Bomb mode as the servers used to be awfully empty there. Reaching the 50th lvl shouldn't take too long (from 1 -> 2 weeks if you play a couple hours a day).

Good luck!

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Additional information.
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, The-Smiths-85 said:

The most time consuming trophies are Hunting Season and Weed Whacker, because people tend to choose certain characters over the others - like Foot Soldier on the Zombies' and Peashooter on the plants' side. You can boost it up with other players in a private game though to get these faster.

When it comes to difficulty the hardest task is definitely beating Garden Ops on Crazy. It requires some luck with easier waves as they are a little random and good co-op partner/s that know what to do. There's a lot of videos on YT which show you the strategies to make beating it easier. The most popular map has to be the Sharkbite Shores but it's all down to your preference. Some characters are better than others but your best bet would be gathering more than 1 player and using as many potted plants of the best kind as possible (like Bamboo Shoot for example). I've already got the plat some time ago but that's what I remember about this game.

The other character based trophies aren't that tough to do. If you have problems getting them then try find a boosting player. Don't know what's the situation on servers and how many people still play it now.

PS Just looked through the trophies again and from what I remember the Sun Heals (Sunflower's) and Snaretastic (Chomper's) trophies can be done in Garden Ops as there's no indicator about players in the description. The rest however has to be done against people. The game is very fun most of the time (though some players' gamestyle can be very cheap), so getting all the trophies shouldn't be a big of a chore. Many of these are cumulative while others require some luck but it's nothing impossible. You may have to boost the trophies from the Gnome Bomb mode as the servers used to be awfully empty there. Reaching the 50th lvl shouldn't take too long (from 1 -> 2 weeks if you play a couple hours a day).

Good luck!

Thank you for the in depth information!!! ?