Keep Your Heads Up - bugged?

Timmah200

Hey!

My buddy and I have been playing on a private table for two nights now and still haven't earned this trophy.  I see no one else has either....bugged, maybe?  We've played well over 100 hands heads-up.

UPDATE:  we just tried to play 100 hands in a row heads-up in one session last night...no trophy.  We were just folding pre-flop, though.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Edited by Timmah200
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 2:45 AM, Timmah200 said:

Hey!

My buddy and I have been playing on a private table for two nights now and still haven't earned this trophy.  I see no one else has either....bugged, maybe?  We've played well over 100 hands heads-up.

UPDATE:  we just tried to play 100 hands in a row heads-up in one session last night...no trophy.  We were just folding pre-flop, though.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Asked this question to the devs on the game’s discord, the trophy is for going head to head with 100 opponents, not 100 hands. A little unclear if it means different opponents or if you could cheese it by entering, playing a hand, and exiting a custom table but it’s working as intended apparently. 

26 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Is it just a misleading description or does getting 50 bounties not pop it?

No one knows, no help from the devs on discord or via bug reports. I'm stil surprised how dylansko got a reply!

First, I think you need collect bounties 50 times, not from 50 players. (if you eliminate 2+ players with 1 hand, you only got the "sniper +150xp" once)

But now i'm not sure, because i have way more than 50, and still nothing. I have 50+ bounties in PCC, and farmed 50+ times in custom games.

Game is garbage and some trophies glitched too, + the help from the devs almost 0.

Edited by sXe_SiC_
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 4:34 PM, sXe_SiC_ said:

No one knows, no help from the devs on discord or via bug reports. I'm stil surprised how dylansko got a reply!

First, I think you need collect bounties 50 times, not from 50 players. (if you eliminate 2+ players with 1 hand, you only got the "sniper +150xp" once)

But now i'm not sure, because i have way more than 50, and still nothing. I have 50+ bounties in PCC, and farmed 50+ times in custom games.

Game is garbage and some trophies glitched too, + the help from the devs almost 0.

I'm finding the Devs to be very responsive and helpful so far, actually.  They are human beings with lives and a tough job, so a bit of empathy goes a long way.  Game development, especially for an indie studio, can be very stressful, especially when you take the risk to put something creative out into the world.  See it as more of a collaboration between you and them.  Patience is needed, too :)

6 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

I'm finding the Devs to be very responsive and helpful so far, actually.  They are human beings with lives and a tough job, so a bit of empathy goes a long way.  Game development, especially for an indie studio, can be very stressful, especially when you take the risk to put something creative out into the world.  See it as more of a collaboration between you and them.  Patience is needed, too :)

Which devs? Hollie isn't a dev. and "sry, pls report it" isn't a help. I reported 20-30 bugs and nobody has never contacted me. Never see any devs (responding) on discord.

4 hours ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

Which devs? Hollie isn't a dev. and "sry, pls report it" isn't a help. I reported 20-30 bugs and nobody has never contacted me. Never see any devs (responding) on discord.

You're right; I misspoke.  Hollie is probably PR.  Or, at the very least, she represents Ripstone.

If you read their bug reporting form, you'll discover that it says someone will not always reply.  This doesn't mean that they are ignoring you or anyone else who has reported a bug.  Again, I say: game development is not easy.

Therefore, I stand by my original reply to you.  Patience.  Empathy.  The game is less than two weeks old.

Now, if it is still not up to your standards, either from a gameplay perspective or a community support one, nobody is making you play it.  Maybe ask nicely for a refund?

I will meet you half way, though; I don't expect ALL the bugs to be fixed...very few games accomplish that.  BUT, if it is still pretty bad 6 months from now, then you may have an argument to pose.

2 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

You're right; I misspoke.  Hollie is probably PR.  Or, at the very least, she represents Ripstone.

If you read their bug reporting form, you'll discover that it says someone will not always reply.  This doesn't mean that they are ignoring you or anyone else who has reported a bug.  Again, I say: game development is not easy.

Therefore, I stand by my original reply to you.  Patience.  Empathy.  The game is less than two weeks old.

Now, if it is still not up to your standards, either from a gameplay perspective or a community support one, nobody is making you play it.  Maybe ask nicely for a refund?

I will meet you half way, though; I don't expect ALL the bugs to be fixed...very few games accomplish that.  BUT, if it is still pretty bad 6 months from now, then you may have an argument to pose.

I played 750+ games since the PS3 era. but never experienced issues at this rate. This is the first time when I need to be so negative.

Well, to bring this thread back on topic, it looks like the "The Bigger They Are" trophy is bugged for me.  This one people have actually earned....but, last night, I was heads up with a star player at a cash table after the flop (everyone else folded).  I beat him with a flush vs. his pair and even received the 500XP bonus labeled "beat a star."  No trophy.

Does anyone know of the exact requirements for this?

45 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Well, to bring this thread back on topic, it looks like the "The Bigger They Are" trophy is bugged for me.  This one people have actually earned....but, last night, I was heads up with a star player at a cash table after the flop (everyone else folded).  I beat him with a flush vs. his pair and even received the 500XP bonus labeled "beat a star."  No trophy.

Does anyone know of the exact requirements for this?

This trophy glitched me too, but popped on 2nd try. (same with some other ones)

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, pennywise247 said:

So apparently this trophy is unlocked by playing 100 different players head to head. Not by playing 100 H2H games or 100 hands. The description really needs to be changed. 

Or they need to fix the trophy requirements, which is what I prefer lol.  It'd be easier.

And i agree, this game is in an inexcusable bad state atm, especially considering how simple of a game it is. The only reason I am still playing is cus I like Poker.

And what is with the bots!? 100% of them are the most braindead players I have ever seen. And that is basically all you're facing. at least on PS5. There's so few players that i actually doubt the playerpools are merged which would be crazy for a game like this.

This game have great potential, but as of now, you reeeeaally have to love poker to play this.

13 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

"Poker Showdown" bugged for me :'(

Got 2nd place last night, then got 1st today, but no trophy. Got 20mil and the last star though.

If you're talking about winning the finale trophy, just start it again and the trophy should pop on the first hand.  That is how people have been getting it to work, according to the discord community.

3 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

And i agree, this game is in an inexcusable bad state atm, especially considering how simple of a game it is. The only reason I am still playing is cus I like Poker.

And what is with the bots!? 100% of them are the most braindead players I have ever seen. And that is basically all you're facing. at least on PS5. There's so few players that i actually doubt the playerpools are merged which would be crazy for a game like this.

This game have great potential, but as of now, you reeeeaally have to love poker to play this.

I'm on PS4, and I am seeing the same thing.  I believe PS5 and PS4 are in the same player pool, but we are isolated from everyone else.  I only play bots, with the occasional human showing up from time to time.

I really hope I can get the 100 heads-up trophy to pop.  I believe the others will come with extreme frustration and time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

If you're talking about winning the finale trophy, just start it again and the trophy should pop on the first hand.  That is how people have been getting it to work, according to the discord community.

That worked, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay!  To bring this back on topic...

...please, anyone who has this trophy, let us know how/when it popped.  It's the only one I'm worried about stopping my plat at the moment.  I don't want to grind away and just waste my time...the PS trophy list says 0.8% of players have it.

Thank you!

Edited by Timmah200

12 hours ago, catfish4wat said:

i cant remember how it popped, but i defiantly had not played a hundred human users before it popped i put a link in the post of it, sorry 

Thank you.  Ugh, this is so frustrating...

...so, it looks like you're against a bot, you're at a table that isn't strictly heads-up, and you had to go to the river for it to pop.  It appears that there were others at your table prior to just you and the bot being left.

Thanks for posting.  I've played ~4,000 hands of poker already in this friggin game and the trophy has yet to unlock for me.

• 2 weeks later...