It's impossible to me

FulgidoLucio

Hard mode became impossible to me. I JUST CAN'T. I obviously am at level 50, lots of fully evolved materias and weapons, I watched many videos for tips, I use the same exact strategy and equipment, but NO. Lots of you rated its difficulty as a 3/10... You should be gods or something. I accept the defeat and stop at chapter 12 boss battle. I hate this game for all those Whispers nonsense, awful "finale" and terrible Materia system (not at all improved from a the original 23-year-old game). The trophy guide definitely underestimate the hard mode. Is anyone in the same situation?

Edited by FulgidoLucio
  • Like 2

Some of the bosses in hard mode are frustrating and may take a few tries, but it is not unapproachable. The key is to expose the weaknesses of each boss. And for the material, I always equipment two max levels HP up and MP up to each of my characters.

I refer to this guide for the boss fights.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-remake-boss-guide-all-bosses/

Edited by devamone
Added the link

Don't give up, there is always a way to get through boss battles...It just gets down to find the better equipment and materias to suit your playstyle...And using Chakra/Cure/Defensive materias A LOT.

Powerpyx guides helped me a lot in striking down the last VR boss rush, but I guess it can really help anywhere through the game.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, devamone said:

Some of the bosses in hard mode are frustrating and may take a few tries, but it is not unapproachable. The key is to expose the weaknesses of each boss. And for the material, I always equipment two max levels HP up and MP up to each of my characters.

I refer to this guide for the boss fights.

https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-remake-boss-guide-all-bosses/

I'm afraid that a guide without precise tips about the Materia disposition for every boss can't help me.

16 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I'm afraid that a guide without precise tips about the Materia disposition for every boss can't help me.

You don't need any special materia setup for most things. I went through all of hard mode with the same materia for every fight, except for switching around what element I have linked to my Elemental materia to increase damage output and get to ignore some attacks.

If you haven't yet you should go get the Gotterdamerung first. I got that before starting the hard mode and annihilated most bosses in like 1 to 2 minutes.

The rest is playing the game, you are not gonna get to just mash buttons. Dodge, block and abuse how OP Cloud's counter attack skill is.

For me it was easier than my initial playthrough on normal thanks to all the high level materia and accessories.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Hard mode became impossible to me. I JUST CAN'T. I obviously am at level 50, lots of fully evolved materias and weapons, I watched many videos for tips, I use the same exact strategy and equipment, but NO. Lots of you rated its difficulty as a 3/10... You should be gods or something. I accept the defeat and stop at chapter 12 boss battle. I hate this game for all those Whispers nonsense, awful "finale" and terrible Materia system (not at all improved from a the original 23-year-old game). The trophy guide definitely underestimate the hard mode. Is anyone in the same situation?

Lot's of patience and lot's of practice. That's how I did it. I don't consider myself to be a phenomenally good gamer either. Also if you keep telling yourself you can't do it, you'll never pass through that gate.

You can do this. You got this. Keep going.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

You don't need any special materia setup for most things. I went through all of hard mode with the same materia for every fight, except for switching around what element I have linked to my Elemental materia to increase damage output and get to ignore some attacks.

If you haven't yet you should go get the Gotterdamerung first. I got that before starting the hard mode and annihilated most bosses in like 1 to 2 minutes.

The rest is playing the game, you are not gonna get to just mash buttons. Dodge, block and abuse how OP Cloud's counter attack skill is.

For me it was easier than my initial playthrough on normal thanks to all the high level materia and accessories.

I read your comments in other topics, in which you said you only struggle once during the entire mode. Unfortunately I'm not skilled as you are ? I didn't tried to get that strange accessory yet, because if Reno and Rude were almost impossible to me, I can't imagine Bahamut... I just bested those two thanks to Leviathan, with only Tifa alive with a few HP. I barely managed to beat them even if prepared exactly like it was shown in a video and I didn't succeed to mimick that strategy.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

4 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I read your comments in other topics, in which you said you only struggle once during the entire mode. Unfortunately I'm not skilled as you are 1f614.png I didn't tried to get than strange accessory yet, because if Reno and Rude were almost impossible to me, I can't imagine Bahamut... I just bested those two thanks to Leviathan, with only Tifa alive with a few HP. I barely managed to beat them even if prepared exactly it was shown in a video and I didn't succeed to mimick that strategy.

Bahamut is indeed harder than most other boss fights, but it's just one boss fight. If you manage to beat that you get to ignore strategies for other bosses and can mostly burst them down with limit breaks.

For example for the Reno and Rude fight I had elemental lightning on armor and fought Reno normally. When Rude joined I bursted down Reno with limit breaks, essencially making the battle free since the hardest part is dealing with both of them at the same time.

It will still require some skill regardless. I can see it getting extremelly annoying when having to repeat a boss fight with all the cutscenes and stuff.

If you persevere you will undoubtely eventually get it, but that may not be worth the effort if you are not having fun.

Maybe try this as sort of a last ditch effort: Go to the simulator and try to get the accessory. Try a few times and if you can get it you will surely be able to beat the rest of the game. If not, you quit.

You will have to beat that for the platinum anyway, so might as well do it now when you can make use of the reward.

2 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

You want your 100% back dont you? So dont give up!!! ? you got this! ?

43 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I read your comments in other topics, in which you said you only struggle once during the entire mode. Unfortunately I'm not skilled as you are 1f614.png I didn't tried to get that strange accessory yet, because if Reno and Rude were almost impossible to me, I can't imagine Bahamut... I just bested those two thanks to Leviathan, with only Tifa alive with a few HP. I barely managed to beat them even if prepared exactly like it was shown in a video and I didn't succeed to mimick that strategy.

I'm pretty terrible at the game admittedly, and I platinumed it, I'm sure you can too. 

I second the advice given about getting Gotterdamerung if you're having trouble. You will only have to beat Bahamut. I strongly suggest leveling up 1-2 Barrier Materia at least for Manawalling Megaflare, Revive on everyone, and equip Elemental-Ice on your armour for Tifa, as this helps for Shiva and Elemental-Fire on your armor for Cloud, as it helps with Ifrit, and the Pride and Joy Prototype. You also want to equip Headbands on everyone so you don't get sleep spammed for days at Shiva.

Make sure you have Curaga on at least 2 people, if not everyone. Keep Magnify on Aerith so she can group Curaga.

Keep Tifa as your active during Shiva, as she has Elemental Ice, and go to town on her. Keep Cloud as your active during Ifrit + Bahamut so that the Elemental Fire can mitigate the damage from Ifrit completely. Keep Cloud active during Pride and Joy as well because you can freely run through the fire he spits on the floor with Elemental Fire.

Use your limit breaks on Bahamut.

That's about all the advice I can give for setups off the top of my head as it has been a while.

Edited by Shiva
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

For me it was probably a 5/10 difficulty. Hell House and Rufus and his dog took me hours to beat. I'm sure you can do it if you keep trying. 

I started the Top Secret VR battle. It's just hilarious how minimal and unhelpful the trophy guide tips about Leviathan's match are. The suggested equipment doesn't work, I just keep running in circles forever because Leviathan is out of reach after some time and even limit breaks can't do anything. Hmm, I'll go checking on YouTube.

• Like 1

Okay, I just can't do a thing against Bahamut. I suck at parrying (is it useful anyway?). This is a huge stain on my platinum hunt. Everyone who made a guide makes it look easy.

I followed this video in which no-one has Revival and it's just INSANE.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

10 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Okay, I just can't do a thing against Bahamut. I suck at parrying (is it useful anyway?). This is a huge stain on my platinum hunt. Everyone who made a guide makes it look easy.

I followed this video in which no-one has Revival and it's just INSANE.

I would suggest using Barrett and his Lifesaver ability. He absorbs damage for other party members. Just make sure to keep him alive. It was a massive help for me. My party was Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett. 

19 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I would suggest using Barrett and his Lifesaver ability. He absorbs damage for other party members. Just make sure to keep him alive. It was a massive help for me. My party was Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett.

Thank you, but since I totally suck with strategies in this game, I try nothing without at least an accurate Materia and equipment list to use ?

I tried this one too for ALL THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING, like 30 attempts. I usually can go to Leviathan without problems. Sometimes I struggle against Leviathan, but I can beat it. In 30 tries, I only managed to fight and beat Bahamut only ONCE. He summoned Ifrit when he had just 10 HP left. Why doesn't Ifrit vanish when his summoner dies??? I began the fight against Pride and Joy Prototype with not enough MP to win...

I'm seriously thinking I could have OCD. So many hours wasted struggling to plat a game I don't even like make me so frustrated and angry.

Edited by FulgidoLucio
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Thank you, but since I totally suck with strategies in this game, I try nothing without at least an accurate Materia and equipment list to use 1f614.png

I tried this one too for ALL THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING, like 30 attempts. I usually can go to Leviathan without problems. Sometimes I struggle against Leviathan, but I can beat it. In 30 tries, I only managed to fight and beat Bahamut only ONCE. He summoned Ifrit when he had just 10 HP left. Why doesn't Ifrit vanish when his summoner dies??? I began the fight against Pride and Joy Prototype with not enough MP to win...

I'm seriously thinking I could have OCD. So many hours wasted for a game I struggling to plat a game I don't even like make me so frustrated and angry.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the game. It was one of my favorites of the year. 

1 hour ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Thank you, but since I totally suck with strategies in this game, I try nothing without at least an accurate Materia and equipment list to use 1f614.png

I'm seriously thinking I could have OCD. So many hours wasted struggling to plat a game I don't even like make me so frustrated and angry.

Wait, Ifrit doesn't die if Bahamut is killed? I'm asking this because i think i killed both of them at the same time the only time i've done that battle lmao.

(i used Cloud, Barret and Tifa's second Limit Breaks at the same time)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Firstly make sure you've got all the manuscripts so you can fully upgrade weapons, don't waste an upgrade linking the last 2 materia slots it's a wasted upgrade.

Secondly the battle simulator is a great place to practise your technique, get good at switching between characters as the boss generally targets the active player, find out what works for you, there's a lot of information and videos out there but those techniques work for those players, find out what suits you and your play style. Certain moves are good to stagger bosses others do massive damage once staggered, practise untill you're confident in which ones do what.

Thirdly, if you find you've the wrong elemental materia equiped let the team die, you will restart just before the battle and can set your team up with the correct element to do max damage.

Finally enjoy it, it's a game, it's difficult at times, and God knows I found parts frustrating myself but the feeling from beating the game out ways all of that.

Edited by phoogee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, Ifrit doesn't die if Bahamut is killed? I'm asking this because i think i killed both of them at the same time the only time i've done that battle lmao.

(i used Cloud, Barret and Tifa's second Limit Breaks at the same time)

I comfirm. Bahamut summoned Ifrit before Tifa could've punch him one last time and after that I had to beat Ifrit too.

Edited by FulgidoLucio

I felt that way too. I played through normal, and went straight to hard difficulty without levelling anything up. I did finally find a build that absolutely destroys. A youtuber called Blitz has some great videos, but basically you set tifa up so she will explode, and doing aoe damage to every enemy in huge amounts, she may die she may not but when you revive her, her limit break is instantly full. and you can unleash full power multiple times.

you need to learn to think outside of the box to counter attacks, pausing mid battle can sometimes help. but for me the hardest thing were the arena and sephiroth at the end. I used tifa's explosion build to clear it easily, but only after dying and wasting many hours. it's just a case of overwhelming the bosses with the element they are weak to till they stagger.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Okay, I made it, but ONLY because Bahamut glitched and remained somehow paralyzed when he had 25% HP left. I was almost wiped out by Ifrit and Prototype, though. It wasn't easy at all. I only had Aerith alive with 700 or so HP.

Thanks to you all for the support.

Now that you have Gotterdamerung, you're good to go now. You'll have a lot less trouble with hard mode now. Get yo platinum.

• Like 3