Necromunda vs. Mordheim?

hr_kriese

I'm thinking about giving this a shot and I'm curious - how does Necromunda compare to Mordheim? Which aspects of the gameplay are different, how long approx till platinum, and hiw difficult is the game? If one of the 100 owners of the game want to share some insight, that'd be great :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mordheim is better is the short take.

I pretty much got the platinum so here is my take on the game.

I would not recommend this game at all, it's most likely the most broken game I have played the last 5 months+.
I loved the gameplay as an Xcom fan but it couldn't redeem itself because of AI issues and blue screens with an issue of lacking content. It looks good, plays decent but have no audio quality.

Classes are shallow, you are determined by luck if you get a good unit or not, it's not based on skill. In terms of being playable this game sits around 1-3/10.

Quest items not loading in, AI gets stuck in things or run around forever just too accomplish nothing, Blue screens can happen really often, expect five per hour.

Latest patch said it fixed some issues, but most are still there.

Classic case of getting the cake out of the oven too early. Don't spend money on this.
That is my recommendation/opinion.

Lenght to platinum maybe around 350+ hours, luck involved and constant blue screens. If it worked better, maybe 100+ hours.

Difficulty is around 4/10, it's more annoying then difficult.
Also online is dead.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 2

On 16.12.2020 at 0:56 AM, NightRusticDawn said:

Mordheim is better is the short take.

I pretty much got the platinum so here is my take on the game.

I would not recommend this game at all, it's most likely the most broken game I have played the last 5 months+.
I loved the gameplay as an Xcom fan but it couldn't redeem itself because of AI issues and blue screens with an issue of lacking content. It looks good, plays decent but have no audio.

Classes are shallow, you are determined by luck if you get a good unit or not, it's not based on skill. In terms of being playable this game sits around 1-3/10.

Quest items not loading in, AI gets stuck in things or run around forever just too accomplish nothing, Blue screens can happen really often, expect five per hour.

Latest patch said it fixed some issues, but most are still there.

Classic case of getting the cake out of the oven too early. Don't spend money on this.
That is my recommendation/opinion.

Lenght to platinum maybe around 350+ hours, luck involved and constant blue screens. If it worked better, maybe 100+ hours.

It would take a month or two with the grind if you spend 7 hours+ a day maybe.

Difficulty is around 4/10, it's more annoying then difficult.
Also online is dead, 50 wins is insane to pull off, that alone is days of playing.

Ok good thing I asked^^ Thanks for the heads-up! If it wasn't for the bugs, would it be a good game? Is it worth keeping an eye on it to see if the Devs fix these issues or would Mordheim still be the better game?

Edited by hr_kriese

On 2020-12-19 at 2:55 PM, hr_kriese said:

Ok good thing I asked^^ Thanks for the heads-up! If it wasn't for the bugs, would it be a good game? Is it worth keeping an eye on it to see if the Devs fix these issues or would Mordheim still be the better game?

They most likely wont, the issues is still there after the recent DLC update and 14 people on the publishers team quit their job for some reason.
They added a DLC update with a new gang which costs money (so far) and is just broken, unbalanced so the game got harder on top of being broken. I mean you could spend more money and buy that gang but the AI will use them too so, yeah doesn't change anything.

Gameplay is fun if you like an action heavy Xcom clone but it gets shallow and stale roughly 10 hours into the Operation mode, it's just playing the same map over and over again.
IF it wasn't for a friend of mine I would've stay away from this mess. Even with the fixes it wouldn't be good enough.
Also the operation trophies are luck based so you could be spending weeks grinding and still not be lucky enough to get the items, loot you need.

Mordheim is better.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Abit of a necro bump.

But has this title improved at all in the last ~year?   I've been eyeballing it time to time. And after playing hired gun. I'm tempted to try this one.

I am aware one is a fast pase fps vs turnbase strat game so gameplay would be different 

• 7 months later...

I had a fair deal of blue screens - and there's even the risk of save file corruption - but as long as you back up your saves between operations, you shouldn't have much of an issue.

More specifically regarding save file issues and corruption, I noticed it was particularly an issue during enemy HQ assaults.