Should motion blur and film grain be turned off?

Cryogenicide_X

I Always turn both off if I have the option, I really don't know what's the point of the film grain effect, as it's made the visual looks a bit ugly to my taste.

and the motion blur could effect the framerate and made some games looks... well blurry, as I mostly notice it when playing Uncharted 4, when I set the motion blur to 100 or 50% the framerate will shows some slowdown when I made the camera goes on circles around Nathan, but runs super smooth when I completely removes it.

it's been years since I used to hear PC players saying motion blur is stupid in games and will effect the image quality and back in the ps3 and some selected ps2 games that have a motion blur I used to see it looks so cool, but when I got a ps4 where most games have the option to let you remove them I finally learn what these people meant.

It honestly depends on the games. I feel they do add to certain games especially those having a more cinematic flair to them. But I will turn them off in games with a heavy focus on multiplayer as they are post processing effects and can affect fps and input lag in a really bad way at times.

Besides that the only other time I will ever turn them off is if they're too much for eyes. (My one eye is worse then my other so sometimes the effects like those can be a little much more then intended and make it difficult for me to really see what I'm doing.)

Motion blue I hate, also makes me feel ill.

But filters are cool on most games. I remember the spooky TV filter on Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3, they were awesome, I don't think I would be able to play those games without the filter there.

Also on Metal Gear Solid 1 on the Playstation. The kinda "double imagery" filter somehow made the graphics looks a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...