Anyone have any weird gaming OCD'S?

Just-Pro-44

The main character has to be the strongest for me in any RPG. Or if I'm playing Mario and luigi superstar sagas, I can't stand 1 brother being stronger than the other. Yet the bonuses never equal out! *Smh*

Over-powering the main characters in RPG's, same here.

I don't mean to derail the topic, but those are just quirks.  OCD is a mental disorder that is impossible to control and can destroy a person's life.  I'm talking about things like having to turn on and off a room's light 100 times everytime you need to get out of the house or else you simply can't leave.  They're not cute little whims, like pop singers and reality TV stars want us to believe.  Honestly, calling these little things "OCD" is insulting to people who actually have this disorder.

I don't say you're doing it on purpose, you're most likely just another victim of pop culture jerks changing the meaning of a word by applying it to themselves in order to sound cooler.

But, onto the topic, one of my silly quirks is that I always stock up on super powered weapons but never use them.  I save them with the intention of using them in the future, but I never do.  I use the simpler, most regular weapons all the time.  I can't bring myself to use the most powerful ones, and they end up unused when I finish the game, even if I have played the game before and I know what would be the best place to use them.  I'm a power-weapon hoarder.

He's not meaning it literally, but figuratively. The topic maker is in no way, shape, or form trying to downsize OCD. It's called a figure of speech :o

And, how does this make us sound "cooler" exactly?

• Like 1

But, onto the topic, one of my silly quirks is that I always stock up on super powered weapons but never use them.  I save them with the intention of using them in the future, but I never do.  I use the simpler, most regular weapons all the time.  I can't bring myself to use the most powerful ones, and they end up unused when I finish the game, even if I have played the game before and I know what would be the best place to use them.  I'm a power-weapon hoarder.

i am the same way. ill get to the final boss and have a dozen mega elixirs and still not use them because i might need it later in the fight :blink: fight

Well I have always had numerous OCDs throughout my life, ranging from minor to major. But when it comes to gaming, I just HAVE to rotate my controller an even amount of times. Especially if the charger is plugged in, I must flip it an even number of times before flipping it back. All while actually playing, never pause to do it. It's like part of the urge is to do it without screwing up in-game. And I feel it the worst when racing :jaymon:

• Like 2

^ I used to do something like that, until I got my headphones.

Lets see, I have my games sorted on two columns,

Column 1: games I have 100% in the order I got them from bottom to top

Column 2: backlog in the order I last played them (same as before)

I've tried to stop but there is no case.

Edited by Arkthur_us

all things must be collected (or at least to the best of my ability), my gaming setup around my tv needs to be dust-free, my carpet which was newly replaced needs to be cleanly vacuumed, and all of my games are in alphabetic order by system, with greatest hits labels separated from black label/non-greatest hits.

Not that come to mind , but the volume on my tv i always have it on an even number for some reason it bothers me if its at 17 and not 18 ...........

Ohh, I'm the same! When gaming I have it on either 14,16 or 18. It depends on my mood and the game, LOL

When I'm just watching tv it HAS to be on 10. Low yes, but I'm able to hear it well :)

Even numbers are my friends :P haha!

• Like 2