Anyone have any weird gaming OCD'S?

Just-Pro-44

I always need to at least be above 10% to take a break from that particular game (except for Black Ops 2 since my disc broke and it is stuck at 9%....mocking me) and also in GTA and Infamous I try not to kill any workers since i feel bad since they're trying to go to work and make a living while i am just causing chaos, so i avoid killing them but i am alright killing any other NPC civilians as long as there not workers with an orange vest and hat.

I make an effort to check all corridors, containers, and talk to all NPCs.

Why? Well, I'm conditioned by RPGs to think that there are magical items I cannot see clearly on the screen that otherwise I would miss. And when I do miss them, it'd ruin my entire gaming experience, and life would cease to exist.

Yep!

When playing RPGs, I can't accept it if I fail a quest (e.g. because an NPC character dies). I'll (almost) always revert to an earlier save and try again. And I'm an item hoarder, like some people before me already said. I don't like using the most powerful potions in a game and I don't know why xD

Edited by LuxVanitas

Dragon Age... Just Dragon Age. *sighs Where do I begin? Okay, when I got Dragon Age in 09, I was immediately enthralled by it: the characters, the combat, the world, I loved it all. Yet, I had no clue just how massive it would be. When ever I beat a different section, I would find out online that there was something I missed. So, every time I missed an item, exp, or a chance for influence, I would restart the game again. Then I started restarting because I didn't like how my character looked. Afterward, I came up with illogical excuses to restart like that the game had glitches and skipped a piece of dialogue: I know for a fact it doesn't skip but I still restarted it fearing that there was a chance it skipped. By the end of the next year, I just gave up playing the game.

too many to list, too many to list, too many to list, too many to list...

123456789, 123456789, 123456789, 123456789...

gotta go wash my hands now... doh! :S

Dragon Age... Just Dragon Age. *sighs Where do I begin? Okay, when I got Dragon Age in 09, I was immediately enthralled by it: the characters, the combat, the world, I loved it all. Yet, I had no clue just how massive it would be. When ever I beat a different section, I would find out online that there was something I missed. So, every time I missed an item, exp, or a chance for influence, I would restart the game again. Then I started restarting because I didn't like how my character looked. Afterward, I came up with illogical excuses to restart like that the game had glitches and skipped a piece of dialogue: I know for a fact it doesn't skip but I still restarted it fearing that there was a chance it skipped. By the end of the next year, I just gave up playing the game.

lol i stopped playin it for similar reasons...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

When I play fighters, I HAVE to use every character, in the order they're in on the character select screen and alternate between training mode, online and offline single player modes. (Cut out the online part if it doesn't have online). When I'm in training mode, I also have to try every move on the move list in the order they're in on the list at least once before going to other modes.

I also have  a really bad habit of restarting games from scratch if I haven't played them in ages instead of just continuing the file, I hate continuing from where I left off so long ago, no idea why. I also sometimes restart just for fun.

And when leveling up a character in an RPG I make sure their stats are almost or all equal to each other if I can.

This too.

Also, in RPGs I always buy items in 10s or 5s depending on how much money I have and I keep all my boxed games in alphabetical and series order (so the first game of a series goes on the left, then second to the right of the first and so on).

Edited by kamifox1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a couple lol

-I tend to level up everyone at the same time. (even in Fire Emblem: Awakening lol)

-I sort items, spells, collectibles or whatever a game allows me to organize manually. 

-When I'm playing a game of any kind, I move to the corners and walls of the scenario, even after checking with the camera that there's nothing there.

-I play fighting games holding the controller upside down.

-In RPG's, when I'm given this kind of item which increases a character's certain stat permanently, I NEVER get to use them because I can't decide who to use them on.

-I ALWAYS invert the camera's X-axis.

-As ItsLittleLaura, I have my games sorted alphabetically and by platforms.

-When playing RPG's, I'm extremely slow-paced, but I can't help it, if I speed it up during my first playthrough, I feel like I'm not enjoying the game.

-When playing the FFXIII series, I press the X button a thousand million times even though I have to press it just once to attack.

And the list goes on.....  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

-When playing the FFXIII series, I press the X button a thousand million times even though I have to press it just once to attack.

I do the same thing!

Also....

-When playing RPG's, I always press the X button (or whatever the "confirm" button is) when my character attacks. Probably just ingrained in me from Super Mario RPG and FFVII when it actually made the attack stronger.

-Like kamifox1, I have to have my items in 5's or 10's, if I can help it.

-I don't like having other people do anything in the game for me.

-I will save my game twice, sometimes more, just to make sure it actually saved.

That's a few I can think of now. Not too bad, considering I actually have OCD....

• Like 1

Like a few others mentioned,I alphabetize my game collection and I press the action buttons a million times too many even when it doesn't do anything. Also,I have a bad habit of hording all the items I find in rpgs like Borderlands. I keep them all my guns in that game even if they are the crappiest one you can find xD

• Like 1

If the game is a series, I feel the need to play & finish all previous games in order before I play the latest game. For example, I completely finished Assassin's Creed & Assassin's Creed II on the Xbox. I want to play 3 & 4 now too, but since I haven't played the first two games on my PS3, I feel like I have to play them first or my list will just look weird. And it'll look weird anyway because apparently there is no trophy list for the first game. That makes me sad. Anyway, that's my biggest OCD is having to play things in order, regardless of whether or not you need to, to follow the story.