Best Weapons and Armour

kantera

What are according to you the best weapons and armour sets? I'm talking about the gear you can collect in the game while playing and not the things you can buy with Helix credits. Is the Raven Clan Set worth it to upgrade it to Mythical or should I look out for an other set? Any tips for weapons would also be useful. The Sepulcher Axe might be something worth it to upgrade to Mythical? Thanks!

1 hour ago, kantera said:

What are according to you the best weapons and armour sets? I'm talking about the gear you can collect in the game while playing and not the things you can buy with Helix credits. Is the Raven Clan Set worth it to upgrade it to Mythical or should I look out for an other set? Any tips for weapons would also be useful. The Sepulcher Axe might be something worth it to upgrade to Mythical? Thanks!

So this might be a bit of a disappointing answer, but I don't think there is anything that could qualify as 'the best' here. After a certain point, the skill trees (and eventually, mastery points) blend it all a bit.

Materials to upgrade aren't that rare, if you are going for the platinum you'll likely have enough to upgrade quite a few armor sets and weapons to their final quality over time. When you hit power level 400 (which you will get to way before you get the platinum) the impact of gear sets is pretty diluted and it won't really matter because you can switch between sets with no problem.

I went with the starting armor because the gear set bonus gives you an armor increase with lower health and some bonus crit chance. Then i just primarily spent my points in the Raven skill line before picking the next direction in the skill tree.

I currently have the Mythic Raven Clan set and i've been dual wielding two 1h axes from the start (they are a nice mix of attack speed and damage). Dual dagger builds look pretty formidable too. I'm using a predator bow called 'Bullseye' which I got from the main story in Lunden which will automatically apply a trap to a body that you headshot with it.

I'm going to work on upgrading a Bear skill armor set next - probably the Brigandine set which gets more powerful the more enemies are about. I'd also like to try Dual Wielding 2 x 2 handed axes which you get via a passive skill in the bear tree.

The things that have the most value for me still are epic runes (denoted by their diamond shape) which apply some interesting effects to things. E.g I have a rune which activates whenever I get a headshot from stealth which deploys a sleep cloud around the target (in addition to the bomb-trap special on the bow itself).

• Like 1

For me, I found that the Mentor's Armor Set works best for my play style. I try to do more of a stealth playthrough. But the best part is that it gives a bonus to your attack speed when your cover is blown. For the longest time, my weapon of choice was the Spinning-Death. I don't know why but I find the flail to be therapeutic in battle. It's something about swinging this thing around over my head and smashing peoples faces in to be so much fun. I paired it with the Hrafn Guard (shield) for the bonus to attack speed. Which comes in handing since the flail is a slow weapon to attack with. Plus I stacked it with all my Haste runes. Once I finished the Sussex story arc. I was given a dagger called Kopis, which heals you any time you make a critical hit. I paired it with the Hundtoth dagger (you can buy at any vendor) which grants an increases to critical chance when your health is low. I then put a haste rune on each of them and a bonus to critical chance on them as well. This pretty much made me invincible.