CWC: The Final THL Holiday Special

10 minutes ago, Fuwafuwa-no-Neko said:

First off, thank you for taking the time of setting this all up and hosting the annual Hunters Holiday Special.

Secondly, I one-hundred-percent completely agree with the Summer Tag Team 2020 event being called revolutionary :awesome:.

I'd like to sign up for:

-  Couples League Team, with me and @Ellie-nyan as couple.

Rainbow League, seems like the only attraction where you can get below negative points but as long as I earn the right trophies on the right day I should be fine right, riiiiiight?!

Trophy Archery, this one will be very depended on the number that's being drawn, definitely has the most random element in it.

Team Deatmatch, Bench me please as I don't have any teammates yet, I'm also fine with being either one of the roles (Gunman/Medic/Fighter).

Convoluted? Ambitious? Some say Jem's events don't make sense… others well, agree on that. But I think they are an interesting look into pushing the boundaries, testing the limits, questioning the status quo of what a trophy event looks like and should be. This will be my second time participating in a @jemmie - hosted event and I'm definitely looking forward to it =D. 

Well said. You've been added. I'll be the first to admit that this event is basically me experimenting the potential of how a bot can support a trophy event, but what's wrong with that? As the saying goes, "there may be something interesting at the bottom of the lake, but you won't know until you dive in." That's a saying, isn't it?

• Like 1

Well, guess I'll give it a shot. However, after a long and hard brainstorm, I've decided to only participate in the Rainbow League and the Archery League. Mostly by virtue of having about as much friends as I have dignity. The fact that I don't want to hold anyone back in a team event also helps.

Someone has to be in last place though, and I'll gracefully accept that role. Now, tremble in fear of the 5 trophies I'll end up earning! *Insert Evil Laugh*

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Well, guess I'll give it a shot. However, after a long and hard brainstorm, I've decided to only participate in the Rainbow League and the Archery League. Mostly by virtue of having about as much friends as I have dignity. The fact that I don't want to hold anyone back in a team event also helps.

Someone has to be in last place though, and I'll gracefully accept that role. Now, tremble in fear of the 5 trophies I'll end up earning! *Insert Evil Laugh*

It's all fun and games until you use those five trophies to get five bullseyes in Trophy Archery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dzware said:

Not sure if I'll actually be home during those days, but you can sign me up for the Trophy Archery anyways.

Hopefully I can at least earn a few points, even if I'd only have access to my Vita lol

You've been added!

Also, I realized that I never added myself, so I slapped my name for all four attractions. Also, also, some people seem to be confused about how Team Deathmatch works. To think of it on simpler terms, it's basically a survival game where you need to balance eliminating the other teams while making sure you have enough points left over to protect yourself. If anyone has any specific questions on how the points system works (or questions about any of the attractions for that matter), please let me know.

I'm not expecting to contribute much in this event since my top priority is passing my exams, but I'd love to be carried to victory by someone else.

1. Couples Event: I'd like to go on the bench please.

2. Rainbow Event: Sign me up, though I will most likely have a negative score.

3. Archery Event: Sign me up, though I will most likely be last.

4. Team Deathmatch: I'd like to go on the bench please.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Froopy the Pogfish said:

Super looking forward to the awesomeness, my dude. :D 

Why look when you can compete? :giggle:

33 minutes ago, Stand_User3 said:

I'm not expecting to contribute much in this event since my top priority is passing my exams, but I'd love to be carried to victory by someone else.

1. Couples Event: I'd like to go on the bench please.

2. Rainbow Event: Sign me up, though I will most likely have a negative score.

3. Archery Event: Sign me up, though I will most likely be last.

4. Team Deathmatch: I'd like to go on the bench please.

Added, and good luck with your exams!

4 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Alright Jemster, you have my attention. I'll join all 4 events AND take you as my partner for the Couples Event and the TDM Event

Excellent!

Spoiler

jp/ - Virtual Youtuber

Okay you got me, I'll probably end up being last everywhere though since I'll have to start focussing on my exams pretty soon but no harm in joining I guess, at least it will boost other people's confidence when they see my miserable results.

You can already sign me up for the singles and maybe put me on the bench for the other attractions. I'm definitely interested in the team games as well but I don't like to drag other people down with me, so be sure to only add me to people who are fine to carry some serious dead weight.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Okay you got me, I'll probably end up being last everywhere though since I'll have to start focussing on my exams pretty soon but no harm in joining I guess, at least it will boost other people's confidence when they see my miserable results.

You can already sign me up for the singles and maybe put me on the bench for the other attractions. I'm definitely interested in the team games as well but I don't like to drag other people down with me, so be sure to only add me to people who are fine to carry some serious dead weight.

@Stand_User3 Looks like you found yourself a teammate!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jello said:

Very interesting and unique event, sign me up for the rainbow and archery events for now. I'm undecided whether to join the other events for now but if someone needs a partner, feel free to send me a message.

Welcome aboard! :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

I'll join the Archery and the Deathmatch (bench) for events right now. Rainbow League is almost certainly a nope as it would screw up the TrueTrophies events I'm in, and not interested in the other one.

You've been added. I'll send you an invite to the CWC Discord server.

Also, I've hinted at this before, but each attraction is in a sense a prototype for something even larger down the road (and a means to expand Froopy's bot in multiple directions). Both before and during the event, if people have any constructive feedback on the layout of any of the attractions, it would be appreciated. The most popular one I've been hearing behind the scenes is that there shouldn't be negative points in the Rainbow League. I'm not going to change the rules here, but stuff like that is nice to know in case the Rainbow League makes a sudden second appearance one day.

31 minutes ago, Stand_User3 said:

Me and @Beyondthegrave07 will be partnering for the couples attraction. :D 

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Go ahead and sign me up for everything else except for TDM too... I may join it later if someone asks to fill in.

You've been added! I've also added @Ellie-nyan to Trophy Archery.

We seem to be getting a good amount of participation from the single attractions. Is everyone too afraid to stand up to the might that is Shrimp Beats in TDM? :giggle:

• Like 1