CWC: The Final THL Holiday Special

I have some extra time tonight since I'm more or less out of the running for a first place position at this point, so let's take a look at the scores so far!

1. @UnboundedCash99 - 196
  2. @Sebastian - 151
  3. @Dzware - 130
  4. @Jello - 90
  5. @jemmie - 89
  6. @Beyondthegrave07 - 79
  7. @Stand_User3 - 53
  8. @Warpedsavior - 51
  9. @Arctic Cress - 27
  10. @Berendsapje - 0
  11. @Flex_Da_Brent - 0
  12. @Ellie-nyan - 0
  13. @ShogunCroCop - 0

Now, you may have noticed that one of the participants is not on the scoreboard. I'm sad to say that due to personal circumstances, @Fuwafuwa-no-Neko has decided to drop out of the CWC. This means a few things.

1. @UnboundedCash99 is now in the lead (Neko was previously).
  2. Since Neko has forgone his spot in the CWC, the runner-up in the Couples League will take his place. That's pretty weird to say though since we were competing in teams of two. I think we can all agree that @Ellie-nyan deserves to keep her spot, so the logical person in my mind to take Neko's spot is @Sebastian, the higher scorer of the second place team. Unless anyone is strongly opposed to this, that's what I'm going to do.
  3. Neko has been taken off of the bench for Team Deathmatch, meaning we now have an uneven number of people signed up to participate. There's still some time before Team Deathmatch starts, but if anyone knows of anyone who was eyeing the thread earlier and was on the fence, ask them to join your powerhouse team!
  • Like 2

If we could get another one for team deathmatch that would be great because I personally would like to drop out of that one, I'm just really not able to play atm due to my exams, it's even worse than I expected. I'll stay to balance it out for now but there is a very likely chance of me just getting 0 points during that attraction, so I hope whoever ends up on my team is okay with that.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

6 hours ago, Jello said:

I'll sign up for team deathmatch to even out the teams

You've been added!

1 hour ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

If we could get another one for team deathmatch that would be great because I personally would like to drop out of that one, I'm just really not able to play atm due to my exams, it's even worse than I expected. I'll stay to balance it out for now but there is a very likely chance of me just getting 0 points during that attraction, so I hope whoever ends up on my team is okay with that.

Good luck on your exams!

In other news, I talked with @Ellie-nyan this morning, and she decided to step down from her winning spot from Couples League as well after Neko dropping out. Don't fear though, for she is not dropping out of Team Deathmatch and will undoubtedly be charging in hard to earn that participation ribbon. This means that team jemthejerm has officially "won" Couples League by default, and I will be taking Ellie's spot in the CWC's CWC. Also, in case it wasn't clear, @Sebastian and I have lost our spots in the raffle for the final CWC member, giving those who are in the raffle that much more of a fighting chance to get in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I tested positive for Covid, which is why I haven't been active much.

Feeling fine now but I still have to be quarantined for a few more days, so I may finally get some gaming in tonight.

That's awful! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

This last target was absolutely abysmal for me. Let's hope this last target is just a little bit better. The fifth and final target is...

Spoiler

51.09%...not looking great.

Trophy Archery is over! Scores will be posted in about 2-3 hours, so make sure to sync and update!

For those of you who have already gone gung-ho getting trophies for Team Deathmatch, stop it. We're taking a two-day rest to celebrate Christmas, but we'll be back on December 26th to brawl it out once more. If you're still on the fence about joining a team, you don't have much time left!

Merry Christmas, everyone! There are about 9.5 hours left to sign up for Team Deathmatch. I most likely won't be around right when the attraction starts, but since everyone should be in the CWC Discord server at this point, that shouldn't matter. I'll leave it to @Froopy the Pogfish to go over the different team commands in my absence.

I know we still have a little over two hours left, but since I won't be home much longer, I went ahead and randomized the bench into teams. Feel free to change your name (which was randomly generated) and your positions before the start time.

Also, I was informed that Froopy's internet is currently down, meaning that we most likely won't be able to access our point banks when Team Deathmatch starts. This is hardly a problem though since this should be fixed long before teams are able to attack. That being said, this will not cause any delays in the start of the attraction.

I HAVE RETURNED, which means the teams are final. It doesn't look like the bot is up and running yet, but that's okay. Points earned now will still be accounted for once Team Deathmatch is properly started on the bot. I've been leaving my team waiting, so it's time for me to get started. :giggle:

• Like 2

So with a few minutes to go before teams are able to attack, I'm sad to say that Froopy's internet issues are taking longer to resolve than originally anticipated. That being said, we're not going to let that derail a good Team Deathmatch! About an hour ago, I counted up everyone's scores so far.

1. Shrimp Beats - 154.3
    1. Medic - @jemmie - 57.5
    2. Gunman - @Kent10201 - 51.9
    3. Fighter - @Sebastian - 44.9
  2. Participation Ribbon - 33.5
    1. Medic - @Stand_User3 - 0
    2. Gunman - @Ellie-nyan - 0
    3. Fighter - @Beyondthegrave07 - 33.5
  3. Great Rainbows - 2
    1. Medic - @UnboundedCash99 - 0
    2. Gunman - @VigilantCrow - 0
    3. Fighter - @Jello - 2
  4. Supreme Gentlemen - 54.3
    1. Medic - @Warpedsavior - 18.1
    2. Gunman - @Arctic Cress - 20.4
    3. Figther - @Flex_Da_Brent - 15.8

The points above represent everyone's point bank. No one has healed yet, so everyone still has a team score of 100. I've thought about how to best tackle this situation, and I think the best way to go about this is to have participants use their "commands" via the CWC Discord server as they would have anyway. Instead of using an actual command, just @ me, and I will manually adjust the scores as we go. So if you want to heal and haven't already, go ahead and do so. If you want to attack, you can starting in about five minutes. I'll be posting score updates more often than usual to make up for the bot being down. Let's do this!

And just like that, @Kent10201 from Shrimp Beats uses 100 points to take out Supreme Gentlemen! Three teams remain!

And @Sebastian uses another 50 points to take out Participation Ribbon! Only two teams remain, but with Shrimp Beats only having 4.3 points to spare, Great Rainbows still has a chance for glory!

Edited by jemmie

It's been several hours since Supreme Gentlemen and Participation Ribbon were annihilated. Since then, @UnboundedCash99 used two points to bring Great Rainbows' score to 102. Let's see how those point banks are doing between the remaining two teams.

1. Shrimp Beats - 32.9 (100 points)
    1. Medic - @jemmie - 61.5
    2. Gunman - @Kent10201 - 76.5 (-100 = -23.5)
    3. Fighter - @Sebastian - 44.9 (-50 = -5.1) (8.5 hours left in cooldown)
  2. Great Rainbows - 28.6 (102 points)
    1. Medic - @UnboundedCash99 - 28.6 (-2 = 26.6)
    3. Fighter - @Jello - 2

Neither team is within striking distance just yet, but who knows what surprises the night will hold?

4 hours ago, jemmie said:

And just like that, @Kent10201 from Shrimp Beats uses 100 points to take out Supreme Gentlemen! Three teams remain!

And @Sebastian uses another 50 points to take out Participation Ribbon! Only two teams remain, but with Shrimp Beats only having 4.3 points to spare, Great Rainbows still has a chance for glory!

z20czoiv5v231.png

Honestly, I doubt Rainbow team is gonna make a comeback 
:kek:

• Like 2

Time for another update!

1. Shrimp Beats - 130.7 (100 points)
    1. Medic - @jemmie - 61.5
    2. Gunman - @Kent10201 - 123.7 (-100 = 23.7)
    3. Fighter - @Sebastian - 95.5 (-50 = 45.5) (~5 hours left in cooldown)
  2. Great Rainbows - 54.5 (122 points)
    1. Medic - @UnboundedCash99 - 74.5 (-22 = 52.5)
    3. Fighter - @Jello - 2

@UnboundedCash99 did a little more healing, but Great Rainbows is still within striking distance! @Kent10201, finish the job!

And just like that, it's over! @Kent10201 has unleashed his guns of fury, and Great Rainbows was wiped out! @Kent10201 gets a spot in the CWC's CWC, I get a second life, and @Sebastian gets a third!

I hope this attraction didn't seem too scuffed being run manually. Even with a bot, it's clear that Team Deathmatch has the most kinks to work out. Also, since there were only four teams, everyone who didn't win will be put into the raffle for the final CWC spot (except for @Warpedsavior, who is already in the CWC).

Since I hate waiting, let's do the raffle RIGHT NOW! The winner isssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

Spoiler

sssssssss

Spoiler

@UnboundedCash99! In the end, your efforts in the last three attractions did shine through!

The CWC's CWC will officially begin at midnight on New Year's Day. I will give more coherent instructions before then. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far!

Edited by jemmie
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, jemmie said:

Since I hate waiting, let's do the raffle RIGHT NOW! The winner isssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...

Reveal hidden contents

sssssssss

Reveal hidden contents

@UnboundedCash99! In the end, your efforts in the last three attractions did shine through!

The CWC's CWC will officially begin at midnight on New Year's Day. I will give more coherent instructions before then. Congratulations to everyone who has made it this far!

any man with two hands has a fighting chance

• Like 2

We're a little over a day out from the CWC, so it's time I give a little more clarification on what we'll be doing.

As the rules states, we will be using the traditional THL format for the CWC. Finalists will spend a day getting points based on THL rules, and at the end of every day, the people who do the worst are eliminated. Scores are reset, and we do this for four days.

There are only two differences in the CWC's CWC from the traditional format. The first is that the bottom two scores will be eliminated for days 1-3 instead of the usual one elimination per day. The other difference is of course the extra lives that some of us have. If either @Sebastian or I end up in the bottom two, instead of outright being obliterated from the competition, we will lose a life and keep going. The CWC is only four days though, so if there's ever a circumstance where one of us has more lives left than days remaining, we will automatically win the CWC. The only instance where the CWC will not be four days is if Seb and I each have two lives after the first two days (the only way that being a possibility being if we were the only ones left at that point). If that happened, we would treat the third day as the final day of the CWC.

I hope that explanation clears up how the extra lives work. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

It's almost time. In less than half an hour, five brave warriors will celebrate the new year by clashing off in a battle of epic proportions! Who will win?! My money's on @Sebastian since it's hard to compete with his three lives, but I'd love to be proven wrong (perhaps by me).

Per tradition, here's some fighting music to give me good luck. Best of luck to everyone else as well, and happy new year!

Spoiler

• Like 1

The Day One scores are out!

1. @UnboundedCash99 - 132.6
  2. @Warpedsavior - 90.9
  3. @Sebastian - 76.5
  4. @jemmie - 71.2
  5. @Kent10201 - 0

What an eventful day! @UnboundedCash99 went from worst to first by speedrunning (and delay syncing) a plat, @Warpedsavior platted Persona 4 Arena (very respectable), @Sebastian barely clutched onto his three lives, I played 13 games over the course of 24 hours, and @Kent10201...yeah.

I've been on the receiving end of more than a few blindsides, but this one in particular hurts. I saw it coming but wanted to wait until I was absolutely sure Seb was done before closing in. Real life got in the way, and I got the last trophies I needed four minutes too late. With that, I lose my extra life, and Kent is eliminated. As long as Seb manages to get in the top two today, he automatically wins. Good luck to the remaining competitors.

Spoiler

Also, here's more Date A Live fighting music.