Platinum Earners without Online launched?

Colt

27 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

My question is does the 2nd person really have to do anything?  Can I just add a controller and let it sit idle???

Yes, for the most part. There are some levels you actually need the second character to be useful (co-op levels). You need to finish one of these levels to get "Fun Multiplied". Otherwise, I think all trophies are manageable solo with two controllers.

I should also point out that there is an assist setting where you can set infinite lives, so that the second character may die as many times as necessary (especially in boss fights).

You can pretty much idle the 2nd controller for most of these, clicking R3 on the second player controller just floats the 2nd player as if he's not there.  Don't know if you need to actually play as the 2nd to count as acing levels, but you can just switch off easily enough on the first 10 or so levels for that.

Do be aware that if you intend to get 100% in the game though there are at least 2 co-op levels that absolutely require a 2nd person, as they require synchronized movement that is too difficult to pull of switching controllers solo.

2 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

To Ace in coop, does both players need to stay alive or just one is enough? 

Both must not die.

I actually find the ace levels trophy a bit tricky because yes, the second controller will be teleported around the level but in some instances, it will drop down where you are at certain checkpoints and die from enemies. PowerPyx's guide states "any story level" but it has to be 10 different levels. 

I wonder if you can obtain this trophy by doing the level by yourself and right before the end, get the second controller to enter the game.....would this count? I might have to try it tonight.

On 2.12.2020 at 0:28 AM, thedarkness91 said:

I actually find the ace levels trophy a bit tricky because yes, the second controller will be teleported around the level but in some instances, it will drop down where you are at certain checkpoints and die from enemies. PowerPyx's guide states "any story level" but it has to be 10 different levels. 

I wonder if you can obtain this trophy by doing the level by yourself and right before the end, get the second controller to enter the game.....would this count? I might have to try it tonight.

Did you tried this? Doing Ace levels solo with 2 controllers will be really frustrating.

I think I will wait for patch that will add online mode (they said it will be released before end of the year) and all online trophies will be really easy.

I wonder if you can do everything via share play...

10 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Did you tried this? Doing Ace levels solo with 2 controllers will be really frustrating.

I think I will wait for patch that will add online mode (they said it will be released before end of the year) and all online trophies will be really easy.

I wonder if you can do everything via share play...

I didn't try it but I managed to complete 10 levels with a second controller and no deaths. It just depends on the level - some of them are easy because the second controller gets left at the beginning and then flies around above you. For others such as levels where you're on a ship or have to keep moving otherwise you die, it's impossible by yourself. I did a mixture of levels across the first 3 worlds and it unlocked...can probably ace at least 5/10 in the Soaring Summit.