Elite Difficulty

Peneuvista

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 8:54 PM, Peneuvista said:

Ok, quit before die, when I feel in trouble. Thanks.

I practiced hard sections via chapter replay such as the boss battle in ch 7 I think (guy with the shield drone ruined soooooo many runs and those darn free fall sections *shudder* too) before attempting them on my Elite run save.

Frankly I hated this version of Elite, 2 and 3 did right. GG can keep their quasi permadeath out for KZ5 please.

• 1 month later...
On 2021. 02. 15. at 1:58 PM, NeoMesjasz said:

Finished all multiplayer trophies, can I and is it worth it to start new game on elite difficulty to avoid another playtrough?

If you didn't play the campaign before, don't start with elite mode. I have just finished it and it is really hard, you have to know the map to get the additional secret equipment to finish elite easier. Start a hard or easier mode where you can collect all the stuff. The hard mode is the same as elite, but in elite mode you don't have checkpoints (so you have to restart the whole chapter) and have to quit if you die before the game can save it. 

Chapter 4 was, while not the hardest, was the least fun to play on Elite. Many of attempts ended because of those trains. By the time I got past that section, I was almost at the end. Then, I was caught off guard and an enemy killed me. Considering how long it takes to reach that part, as well as that how long it took me to get that far, I decided to accept death and get revived. I finished that Chapter and to my surprise, the game tells that I still had all 3 lives when Chapter 5 started. Even the main menu said the same thing.

To sum it up, it seems that getting revived doesn't seem to cost lives. After checking the trophy guide in here, I can confim this

Edited by MrGarland

8 hours ago, MrGarland said:

Chapter 4 was, while not the hardest, was the least fun to play on Elite. Many of attempts ended because of those trains. By the time I got past that section, I was almost at the end. Then, I was caught off guard and an enemy killed me. Considering how long it takes to reach that part, as well as that how long it took me to get that far, I decided to accept death and get revived. I finished that Chapter and to my surprise, the game tells that I still had all 3 lives when Chapter 5 started. Even the main menu said the same thing.

To sum it up, it seems that getting revived doesn't seem to cost lives. After checking the trophy guide in here, I can confim this

4, 8 and 9 are the hardest. Yes, you can be revived.