For those that have "Avid Shopper"

GaryTheLK

sorry for the long incoming post but hoping for some clarity from those that have this trophy. 

this trophy is the final trophy i need for this platinum.  I've managed to buy all but one last item from that supply shop. Unfortunately I've already 100% the game and i am still 36 coins short of buying that last item. (yes I've checked the caves & old tomb locations for those unmarked stashes). (and yes i also did NOT buy the crafting & enhancement tool as warned). 

I've already opened all available coin caches and now and just wandering aimlessly in the open world hoping I've missed something. 

I've also read that others had to start brand new playthrough for this trophy. Which is something I also did (regrettably). 

About 70% through this 2nd playthrough, I started to do the math of how much byzantine coins i would need to buy everything off the shop this 2nd playthrough and i still would come up short and not have enough to buy everything again. 

Early on, i found some stashes that would only give 1-2 byzantine coins and would increase to what seems like a max of 7.         

Coin Caches would go from 7 to 15 then eventually 25 coins per cache.  

By the time I would get 25 coins per cache, I still wouldn't have enough coin cache to buy everything else off the shop. 

Please anything that would help would be appreciated.  

As long as you don’t buy the crafting and enhancement tools, you should have more than enough coins in the world to get Avid Shopper. You most likely just missed a few. 

I would advise first checking this thread by @SpaceCoresDad about this exact issue. I was in a similar situation and this thread helped me track down some coins I had passed over. Hope this helps! ?

• Like 1

Have you played the Baba Yaga DLC yet? There's a fair bit of coin throughout the whole campaign.

And as the link above suggests, lots of houses in the Lost City has stuff everywhere.

Last one, but a bit of a longshot, looting enemies sometimes nets you coins as well. I've noticed The Deathless more often than the usual grunts. You could grid enemy encounters if all else fails.

All in all, 36 coins shouldn't take too long. Good luck!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RustyBacon13 said:

Have you played the Baba Yaga DLC yet? There's a fair bit of coin throughout the whole campaign.

And as the link above suggests, lots of houses in the Lost City has stuff everywhere.

Last one, but a bit of a longshot, looting enemies sometimes nets you coins as well. I've noticed The Deathless more often than the usual grunts. You could grid enemy encounters if all else fails.

All in all, 36 coins shouldn't take too long. Good luck!

I was going to suggest the same thing : if you haven't played the Baba Yaga dlc, it is your chance!

I didn't know tho that looting enemy could give you some.. for me, when i was done with the trophy, i still had like 30 coins left.

Good luck

• Like 1

thank you for the replies. 

I played through the Baba Yaga DLC and checked back at Lost City multiple times but still no luck.  Still checking every last corner of the world map to see if ive missed anything but still short by 36 somehow. In my world, i've still yet to see an enemy drop byzantine coins and rarely ever get coins from those random jars. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/01/2021 at 7:04 PM, Ironloss said:

I didn't find a single coin in the Baba Yaga dlc. Where did you guys find coins in Baba Yaga?

I didn't find any coins on Baba Yaga too...

Guys, pay attention to your surroundings, use your survival instincts more frequently (Learning Eye for Detail Skill is essential for 100%)
There is a lot of coins that aren't marked on your map, but are highlighted when using survival.

- You can find some extra coins around some sarcophagus from The Founders' Crypts, on his tombs. (Usually 5 or 7 coins)

- Some caves on Geothermal Valley have coins near dead bodies

- If you didn't do it yet, there's a sidequest on Geothermal Valley that give you 10 coins per Challenge Tombs explored. A total of 90 coins.