Local coop

War-Heed

Any recent achievers still know if this is still viable for local coop. Shareplay is absolute garbage.

Resogun is currently patched upto ver. 1.10 and the guide on here is from 1.04

If a player dies during a stage, keep dying to force a game over. You will restart at the beginning of that stage and still be eligible for the trophy. Apparently the game only checks to see if a life is lost during the stage and doesn't count game over restarts. 

cheers

edit: for anyone going for this.

I used 2 controllers and and an elastic band. If one player dies then lose all lives and click restart to start at the beginning of the level and the trophy wont be void

Edited by IronEden-13

• 4 months later...

When I was going for this trophy on the latest patch (1.10), I died only once during my run. It was right near the end on Mefitis.

I paused the game after one of my ships got hit and was in the middle of exploding.

Too tired to restart the whole game, I just restarted the level from that point and carried on to at least get some practice in for the boss.

I did not die again after that, made it through the final boss, and got the trophy!

Don't know how I was able to get it, but my theory is that your number of lives doesn't deplete by one until your ship respawns, so if you were to pause mid-explosion and restart the level then the game treats that as no lives lost.

Not sure if anyone else has talked about this workaround before or how many times it can be used during a single run, but it worked for me at least once so it might be another trick worth considering for anyone attempting the local co-op trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...