Obligatory Trophy Thoughts Thread

Joe Dubz

I was a fan of the original Hammerwatch, although I could never keep a couch coop partner long enough to finish the platinum!!

On topic, the trophy list looks quite robust and different from what the original required. Hard to judge how difficult just by some of the descriptions, as I have no idea what alot of this entails. However I can say with certainty if it's anything like the first, this one will be quite the challenge and also likely in Ultra Rare plat territory!

3 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

I was a fan of the original Hammerwatch, although I could never keep a couch coop partner long enough to finish the platinum!!

you dont need a couch co-op partner. just use the second controller to start and have the second player lose all the lives. they will be dead and you can run through the game with 1 life and solo everything then. thats what i did.

• Like 2

@IntroPhenom thank you for sharing, perhaps noob me should have also included that in the OP ? It certainly looks phenomenal and perhaps some improvements from the original! Very much looking forward to this one ?

40 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

you dont need a couch co-op partner. just use the second controller to start and have the second player lose all the lives. they will be dead and you can run through the game with 1 life and solo everything then. thats what i did.

Ah yes, now that you mention it I do recall taking a go at this approach previously, however ended up giving up for some reason or another. I appreciate the reminder and perhaps I will give it another go someday! Unfortunately I have self-diagnosed video game ADD and tend to lose interest quickly ?

• Like 1

I just noticed this game because I saw DF playing it the other day.  I did a little reading, and from what I can tell, local co-op is not supported on the ps4 version (https://www.co-optimus.com/game/7044/playstation-4/heroes-of-hammerwatch-ultimate-edition.html).  Is this info just outdated, or is it online only?

Also, from a quick look at the list it was not obvious which trophies require co-op to get?  Is that the mercenary system, because that sounds more like an AI companion rather than another human player.

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 8:43 AM, Sir_Bee said:

I just noticed this game because I saw DF playing it the other day.  I did a little reading, and from what I can tell, local co-op is not supported on the ps4 version (https://www.co-optimus.com/game/7044/playstation-4/heroes-of-hammerwatch-ultimate-edition.html).  Is this info just outdated, or is it online only?

Also, from a quick look at the list it was not obvious which trophies require co-op to get?  Is that the mercenary system, because that sounds more like an AI companion rather than another human player.

Very late reply, not sure how I missed this before sorry!! I think you are correct in that after reviewing the trophy descriptions, it is not apparent which if any of those are coop, unlike the first game which had several. With the original, there was an option for online mp that still to this day says "coming soon" lol. I wouldn't be surprised if this had no online period, but perhaps someone who's already played it can say for sure?

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I wish these devs weren’t so in love with “kill X enemy” trophies. Hammerwatch has a bad one there (though apparently, it’s a lot better than the old PC achievement).

I have never been a fan of these types of trophies! At least not when you have finished everything else in the game and still need to kill a ridiculous amount of enemies (looking at you, Moonlighter ?). 

• Like 1