DecSim01

Is the platinum still obtainable?

20 posts in this topic

Heard from some places is was and others it wasn't. Any definite answers? Thanks :)

I think this thread answers your question with just the title:

The servers are 100% dead and the Platinum is completely unobtainable if you didn't get the online trophy done before the servers closed on Nov 2nd.

If you don't have the trophy, Up To The Task, the platinum is unobtainable. If you have that, then you should still be able to get 100%

On 1.12.2020 at 0:00 AM, RNumbers said:

Not entirely accurate. All you need to have done are the two scrap crew challenges; you can do the rest of the challenges for this trophy at your leisure.

do you by any chance know how these 2 challenges are called / worded in the game so i can check whether i have them? but since im very early in the game im afraid i can give up on this platinum. shame...

7 minutes ago, Playzocker1988 said:

do you by any chance know how these 2 challenges are called / worded in the game so i can check whether i have them? but since im very early in the game im afraid i can give up on this platinum. shame...

"A penny saved" and after that "Dividend"

On 14/12/2020 at 1:14 AM, RAV-ART said:

Just finished 100% and none trophy was glitched for me. Psn store version from ps+.

Probably because you started it in April, when servers were still online and managed to clear those challenges somewhere before clearing act 03 (since you finished this chapter on November, after the servers closure).

Shame..I was re-starting this game, but if the platinum is unobtainable, I will not waste my time on it.

6 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Can't believe goofs like you will flat out refuse to acknowledge that different people have different priorities and play games in their own way.

Sound like anyone you know? Take a fucking seat.

*drops mic*

I heard about the server shutdown too late but I must admit, I actually didn't mind that the platinum was now unobtainable. I started the game a little over a week ago and just finished it. If the scrap crew challenges were still functional I likely would have gone for the platinum, which would have been a hellish grind. It allowed me to enjoy the game more than I otherwise would have.

As it is, I ended up putting 140 hours into the game and as much as I had a lot of fun playing it, I was ready to finish it up. Glad I didn't have to worry about completing all the challenges, grinding out those unenjoyable Death Run races with every vehicle and with legendary times, or looting all scavenging locations. That latter one is brutal...even with that much time spent in the game, I still only had about 65-70% of them done. It was also nice not having to stress out about the scavenging location glitch.

Edited by drfk168

16 minutes ago, drfk168 said:

I heard about the server shutdown too late but I must admit, I actually didn't mind that the platinum was now unobtainable. I started the game a little over a week ago and just finished it. If the scrap crew challenges were still functional I likely would have gone for the platinum, which would have been a hellish grind. It allowed me to enjoy the game more than I otherwise would have.

As it is, I ended up putting 140 hours into the game and as much as I had a lot of fun playing it, I was ready to finish it up. Glad I didn't have to worry about completing all the challenges, grinding out those unenjoyable Death Run races with every vehicle and with legendary times, or looting all scavenging locations. That latter one is brutal...even with that much time spent in the game, I still only had about 65-70% of them done. It was also nice not having to stress out about the scavenging location glitch.

I have to ask... how did you put that much time into the game? I feel like I was at roughly half that, and I did "everything."

On 2021-01-22 at 6:02 PM, RNumbers said:

I have to ask... how did you put that much time into the game? I feel like I was at roughly half that, and I did "everything."

I don't know...I was really surprised when I checked the time counter, which said something like 6 days played. Based on input other gamers give on sites like this or PlaystationTropies.org about how long it takes them to get a platinum, I habitually seem to take WAY longer than the average person playing through a game. I'm not sure why...I'd consider myself a better than average gamer (I've been playing them for 40 years now) and have a respectable 60-something platinums, most of which are legit platinums. For whatever reason, it just seems to take me much longer to complete games.

Apart from the server shutdowns, getting the platinum for this game was also a pain due to a glitch that stops counting the number of camps liberated if you die while liberating them. Always have to re-download my saves from the cloud whenever I get killed in the game.