Releases Feb 3rd, 2021

Boooda

Via Colin Moriarty's socials.

Excited to keep supporting Lillymo and CLS, and ithelps that Habroxia 1 was a pretty fun game. Im wondering what sort of narrative it'll have since Colin said he "wrote" this sequel. 

Also physical Ps4 and Vita versions confirmed! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marchrius75 said:

Hi,

its a twin-stick shooter, so main shoot will be with right stick? I hope no. Its so difficult for me to shoot with right stick. Thanks for a reply 

Consider your fears confirmed.

Habroxia 2 is a twin stick shooter, so most of your firing will be done through holding the right stick to aim.

There is a special weapon system that is done through a timing based mechanic using the L1/R1 buttons, independent of the aimed shots, but your main guns are controlled on the right stick.

11 hours ago, breathofwater said:

The platinum for Habroxia 2 will be about 8-10 hours, it is a bit trickier (and longer) than the original.

The price will be $9.99 USD with cross-buy between PS4 and PS Vita.

The Limited Edition Physical Release versions will be $34.99 USD and will have separate trophy lists (ASIA REGION LISTS)

Preorders open December 3rd and are open for the month: https://www.play-asia.com/habroxia-2-limited-edition/13/70dzpl

https://www.play-asia.com/habroxia-2-limited-edition/13/70dzpf

I hope you guys will like the game, I feel like we have improved on the original in every way that we set out to!

Hey, thanks for the reply and information!

Because of that, I'll be buying this day one for full price, which I almost never do?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, breathofwater said:

The platinum for Habroxia 2 will be about 8-10 hours, it is a bit trickier (and longer) than the original.

The price will be $9.99 USD with cross-buy between PS4 and PS Vita.

The Limited Edition Physical Release versions will be $34.99 USD and will have separate trophy lists (ASIA REGION LISTS)

Preorders open December 3rd and are open for the month: https://www.play-asia.com/habroxia-2-limited-edition/13/70dzpl

https://www.play-asia.com/habroxia-2-limited-edition/13/70dzpf

I hope you guys will like the game, I feel like we have improved on the original in every way that we set out to!

Separate trophy list for both PS4 and Vita or a single shared list between the two?

3 minutes ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Separate trophy list for both PS4 and Vita or a single shared list between the two?

Separate lists for PS4 and Vita.

The breakdown will I believe look like this:

-Habroxia 2 PS4 (EU/USA)

-Habroxia 2 PS VITA (EU/USA)

-Habroxia 2 PS4 (Physical/ASIA)

-Habroxia 2 PS VITA (Physical/ASIA)

-Habroxia 2 PS4 (JAPAN)

-Habroxia 2 PS VITA (JAPAN)

The only part I am not 100% certain of is whether Japan has a different set of lists or is shared with ASIA.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, breathofwater said:

Consider your fears confirmed.

Habroxia 2 is a twin stick shooter, so most of your firing will be done through holding the right stick to aim.

There is a special weapon system that is done through a timing based mechanic using the L1/R1 buttons, independent of the aimed shots, but your main guns are controlled on the right stick.

So buttons X, [ ], O and /\ are not used?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2020-12-01 at 6:50 PM, breathofwater said:

Not for firing, no.

The X and Triangle buttons can be used for boost and item usage, but those are also mapped to R2/L2 so you can stick to the sticks and the triggers, which feels best to me.

We ended up sneaking this option in with a pre-release patch.

You can shoot the aimed shot straight forward if you would like using the Square button.

This is not recommended as there will be enemies (and bosses) attacking from all angles, but if you don't want to play it with twin sticks, you can play using square to fire.

Just played a few of the early levels so far and I can say it really feels like an improvement on the first Habroxia in every way. The ship controls smoother, larger variety of special weapons, and I love that there's alternate paths you can discover. Looking forward to getting further in this game!

• Like 1