How hard is that platinum?

jim_guitariste

• 3 years later...

This is a awesome game, it harkens back to the good old days of 2d brawlers like Streets of Rage and Final Fight(the games FnR obviously lifted it's title name from)while incorporating batching paths and multiple ending like in the underrated beat em up classic Guardian Heroes(sega Saturn)

I wouldn't claim this as a overly difficult platinum, but it does take skill and a alot of time.

Your looking at 56(56!) playthroughs witch will take you 30mins at least for one(some being longer due to having to clear others on higher difficulties) 

As someone who has platinum'd games that take a unreal amount of runs.

I can assure everyone reading I have never done a game that requires 56...that's just crazy.

Along with that there's a 1cc run you got to do to unlock the games 2nd highest difficulty, Insane mode.

Witch not only makes the game even harder, but send you back to the beginning of the stage if you use a continue, so basically you gotta 1cc every stage(1 at a time not all at once thankfully) 

On a difficulty that is easily on par with Ninja Gaidens "Master Ninja" mode.

Now you could technically save scum to reduce the difficulty down to about a 6/10(as the game saves your progress after each area)

I personally find using outside game exploits like this as cheating(my personal opinion)

So I didn't do it , but it's there if you're so inclined.

There also combos trials, akin to Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom.

That tasks you with clearing each of the 3 main characters trials in under 1min to earn their black belt.

I actually recommend you do these after your 1st playthrough of arcade because it really helps teach you the games mechanics instead of button mashing.

Why the game doesn't just let you have this mode available from the get go is is beyond me but hey, this sweet game was only created by one guy so I give him a break.🤗

And of course if that wasn't enough you also got S ranks to earn, for 25 characters...in 3 different modes...

Don't worry I'm only being dramatic, these are overall easier and way more doable then the insane run.

But like doing all the endings it takes time.

Most of the extra characters(the 22 you unlock who are not part of the main 3 and can only used in the 3 aformened modes) 

Range from pretty gimmicky to sorta trash.

Some are super op and you'll knock out their S ranks in record times, while others could take a hr or more.

Oddly enough the 3 main PC's may actually be the hardest due to them having much higher score requirements for their S ranks.

I highly recommend this game to lovers of character action games like me or weebs general I suppose.😅🍜

It's fun game and rewarding, reminds me of those old ass trophy lists from Japanese games were you legit had to master every aspect of their game.

7-7.5/10 difficulty

70-90hrs

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 3:02 PM, Wild-Arms-R said:

This is a awesome game, it harkens back to the good old days of 2d brawlers like Streets of Rage and Final Fight(the games FnR obviously lifted it's title name from)while incorporating batching paths and multiple ending like in the underrated beat em up classic Guardian Heroes(sega Saturn)

I wouldn't claim this as a overly difficult platinum, but it does take skill and a alot of time.

Your looking at 56(56!) playthroughs witch will take you 30mins at least for one(some being longer due to having to clear others on higher difficulties) 

As someone who has platinum'd games that take a unreal amount of runs.

I can assure everyone reading I have never done a game that requires 56...that's just crazy.

Along with that there's a 1cc run you got to do to unlock the games 2nd highest difficulty, Insane mode.

Witch not only makes the game even harder, but send you back to the beginning of the stage if you use a continue, so basically you gotta 1cc every stage(1 at a time not all at once thankfully) 

On a difficulty that is easily on par with Ninja Gaidens "Master Ninja" mode.

Now you could technically save scum to reduce the difficulty down to about a 6/10(as the game saves your progress after each area)

I personally find using outside game exploits like this as cheating(my personal opinion)

So I didn't do it , but it's there if you're so inclined.

There also combos trials, akin to Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom.

That tasks you with clearing each of the 3 main characters trials in under 1min to earn their black belt.

I actually recommend you do these after your 1st playthrough of arcade because it really helps teach you the games mechanics instead of button mashing.

Why the game doesn't just let you have this mode available from the get go is is beyond me but hey, this sweet game was only created by one guy so I give him a break.🤗

And of course if that wasn't enough you also got S ranks to earn, for 25 characters...in 3 different modes...

Don't worry I'm only being dramatic, these are overall easier and way more doable then the insane run.

But like doing all the endings it takes time.

Most of the extra characters(the 22 you unlock who are not part of the main 3 and can only used in the 3 aformened modes) 

Range from pretty gimmicky to sorta trash.

Some are super op and you'll knock out their S ranks in record times, while others could take a hr or more.

Oddly enough the 3 main PC's may actually be the hardest due to them having much higher score requirements for their S ranks.

I highly recommend this game to lovers of character action games like me or weebs general I suppose.😅🍜

It's fun game and rewarding, reminds me of those old ass trophy lists from Japanese games were you legit had to master every aspect of their game.

7-7.5/10 difficulty

70-90hrs

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Edited by jim_guitariste
Bug
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jim_guitariste said:

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

Your welcome good sir.🤜

I would like to add some more tho as to provide more information regarding the platinum.

Comparing this too other best em ups I'd say this game is harder then Streets of Rage 4, witch I found to be a 6/10.

In that game the hardest tasks are to clear all stages on hard with a S rank.

Nowadays it may actually be even easier because you have access to the way better dlc characters like Shiva who kinda just break the game.

I did it on release with poor Axel. Lol

FnR on the other hand is a lot more difficult fundamentally as a game.

Enemies are super aggressive on higher difficulties (especially Insane) 

And understanding how to properly crowd control, prioritize the right enemies at the correct moments, along with maximizing your character's toolkit and combos is a must.

I'd say is very similar to Ninja Gaiden in that regard but also has tech akin to DMC3-5.

You can easily lose a life in a matter of seconds if you get to careless for example.

And on Insane mode were every stage becomes a 1cc run, having a handful of lives can be quite difficult with everything I just mentioned.

• Like 1