ScottishNub

Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

520 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Rarity leaderboard is long overdue now, and I think it shouldn't "remove" players who stack games. If a player decides to stack two ultra rare plats, DMC5 for instance, it is fine. Rarities of both plats should still count for that player on the rarity leaderboard.

 

They can make use of the average rarity stats present on every PSN profile on PSNP... if that's possible to implement onto this new leaderboard.

 

That's what I have at the back of my mind right now. :)


PSN100 is actually the exact opposite of a rarity board in a way…

 

…in that it discounts the rare versions of games, in favour of the more common ones.

 

If a PS4 re-release of a game comes out, it usually removes multiplayer, and therefore is more common… and PSN100 stops counting the PS3 version for everyone.

 

Same with current cross-gen games - the PS5 ones are usually auto-poppable, and the PS4 ones aren’t, so PS5 versions are much less rare… but they are the only ones PSN100 gives anyone credit for.

 

It’s bizarre - given that the whole ethos behind the site is to cater more to the quote-unquote “serious” trophy hunter :dunno:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If a PS4 re-release of a game comes out, it usually removes multiplayer, and therefore is more common… and PSN100 stops counting the PS3 version for everyone.

 

Same with current cross-gen games - the PS5 ones are usually auto-poppable, and the PS4 ones aren’t, so PS5 versions are much less rare… but they are the only ones PSN100 gives anyone credit for.

 

It’s bizarre - given that the whole ethos behind the site is to cater more to the quote-unquote “serious” trophy hunter :dunno:

:blink:

 

That's awful, and it shouldn't be implemented here on PSNP. :S

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda lame Psnp still don't have a difficulty ranking(based on rarity trophies), other sites have for many years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The amount of games like these that's been released within the past couple week, I really didn't expect. Why Sony will allow platinums for all these cash grab games also astonishes me, I guess Playstation is turning out like steam, no quality control... But each to thier own I guess

 

Best thing to do is simply vote with your wallet.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately a lot of trophy hunters still buy these games for the easy platinums, so for these ‘hack’ developers, they’re making a nice profit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop buying these games! Because if you buy these games like I do, how am I supposed to climb the leaderboard?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The amount of games like these that's been released within the past couple week, I really didn't expect. Why Sony will allow platinums for all these cash grab games also astonishes me, I guess Playstation is turning out like steam, no quality control... But each to thier own I guess

 

8 stacks of the Jumping Soda too. Open your wallets lads, that'll be 10 dollars please! Ka ching!


I hope eventually there are about 20 stacks of these types of games released every single day.

 

I want to see how far the dedication to staying on top of the leaderboards is going to go and also until everyone finally puts their hands up and admits we have a trophy system problem.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2022 at 8:08 AM, aikikalaskamaido said:

Sony should limit this kind of bad games from the PSN store

 

Ok my post got deleted for having Jim Ryan laughing, on serious note can they even be called games? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't quite understand the point of these cheap platinums. I mean if you are competitive about it and are a top 10, even top 100 kind of guy then sure, why not. But having 1000 platinums would barely get you into top 700. Having 500 platinums would make you around.. top 3000 or so? Does ranking really matter that much?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2022 at 9:42 PM, Sikutai said:

Stop buying these games! Because if you buy these games like I do, how am I supposed to climb the leaderboard?


This is sarcasm. But the leaderboards are practically meaningless at this point. 
 

It’s essentially just a small percentage of trophy hunters buying up the exact same games to maintain their position. The vast majority of trophy hunters, already a niche group, are just playing what they want to play at their own pace. The rankings don’t mean anything to them.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even mind easy platinums so long as they're actually games. Like take Planet of the Eyes that I've just played. 93% common, extremely easy, but there's a game behind it that's worth a few hours of your time. It's the blatant cash grab crap like A Pig D (and all the horrendous arms and legs it's since grown, Spidey fucking D) that needs purging. And the 50 stacks of said easy games.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people enjoy getting the same 10 minute shovelware plat on three different systems just to inflate their numbers. Some people enjoy spending dozens of hours on something they truly enjoy to get one plat.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18. 6. 2022 at 5:54 AM, StewartBros said:

 

Best thing to do is simply vote with your wallet.

These "games" have budget of 2 cans of Red Bull, packet of Hot Pockets and about tree fiddy in extra costs, in this case voting with your wallet doesn't work because they only need a handful of votes to become Mayors of Grifterville, Scumtown and PlayStationStorePollution City.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, czDante92 said:

These "games" have budget of 2 cans of Red Bull, packet of Hot Pockets and about tree fiddy in extra costs, in this case voting with your wallet doesn't work because they only need a handful of votes to become Mayors of Grifterville, Scumtown and PlayStationStorePollution City.


And they already earned their profits by making quick, easy games. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 18/06/2022 at 5:42 AM, Sikutai said:

Stop buying these games! Because if you buy these games like I do, how am I supposed to climb the leaderboard?

If you care about the leaderboards and your rank, you have to play a lot of these easy games otherwise you stand no chance doing games that actually require time and skill.

 

I've done quite a few and regret it as i've only done it for the platinum and they were really easy, i will only play them if i actually enjoy it from now, an example is the ganbare strikers game, easy platinum but that is actually really fun as i enjoy football.

 

Lost track of how many of those easy plats are out now, over a 1000 maybe?

Edited by saiyanbloodstyle
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some easy plats that I regret doing (not loads though) so I can't really say anything about others getting them

 

I will say this though, get them if you want and spend money on multiple stacks of the same pointless game (do what you want) but just dont post/boast about getting them on status updates or the latest plat thread because literally a child could do it

 

the leaderboard is kind of messed up with so many of these games, the developers must make so much money from them and fair play

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with them is that it turns the entire aspect of trophy hunting into even more of a pay to win system. Trophies have always been a pay to win system since you need to pay for games to play them and earn trophies, but these platinum fodder games have multiple regional variants that people pay for, meaning these cheap games quickly add up in price for anyone who's just looking to boost their numbers and hopes to compete on the leaderboard with others. I think it'd be interesting if someone were to calculate every variant of every easy platinum game on the store to see how much the total cost is.

I have no issue with easy trophy lists here and there nor do I have an issue with stacking games. I definitely have some easy platinums I've obtained and if I really like a game I'll stack it if it has a separate trophy list just so I have an excuse to 100% it again, but every game I've played I had a genuine interest in, and the trophies were a complimentary experience to the game. It's the games that were made solely with trophies in mind that I don't like. Staying on top of the leaderboards now requires people to spend money on lazy, low effort games they would never buy and play otherwise instead of just requiring skill to be really good at playing a bunch of different types of games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I have some easy plats that I regret doing (not loads though) so I can't really say anything about others getting them

 

I will say this though, get them if you want and spend money on multiple stacks of the same pointless game (do what you want) but just dont post/boast about getting them on status updates or the latest plat thread because literally a child could do it

 

the leaderboard is kind of messed up with so many of these games, the developers must make so much money from them and fair play


I have some of these games myself. But it annoys me to see the same people make trophy guides for these titles. 
 

Cmon. The game literally takes two to five minutes to platinum, why do you need to post a fucking guide for it? 
 

5 hours ago, Snake_1302 said:

My issue with them is that it turns the entire aspect of trophy hunting into even more of a pay to win system. Trophies have always been a pay to win system since you need to pay for games to play them and earn trophies, but these platinum fodder games have multiple regional variants that people pay for, meaning these cheap games quickly add up in price for anyone who's just looking to boost their numbers and hopes to compete on the leaderboard with others. I think it'd be interesting if someone were to calculate every variant of every easy platinum game on the store to see how much the total cost is.

I have no issue with easy trophy lists here and there nor do I have an issue with stacking games. I definitely have some easy platinums I've obtained and if I really like a game I'll stack it if it has a separate trophy list just so I have an excuse to 100% it again, but every game I've played I had a genuine interest in, and the trophies were a complimentary experience to the game. It's the games that were made solely with trophies in mind that I don't like. Staying on top of the leaderboards now requires people to spend money on lazy, low effort games they would never buy and play otherwise instead of just requiring skill to be really good at playing a bunch of different types of games.

 

Exactly. It devalues the entire purpose of the leaderboards. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is daft now, and to the point where it's just sad. It's not even trophy hunting anymore it's just feeding an addiction. There use to be a ridiculously easy plat once in a while, now it's every day there's multiple new game's of press X to get your 30sec plat. Been a top trophy hunter use to mean something, you were good... Now it just means you can press X. Sad. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

It really is daft now, and to the point where it's just sad. It's not even trophy hunting anymore it's just feeding an addiction. There use to be a ridiculously easy plat once in a while, now it's every day there's multiple new game's of press X to get your 30sec plat. Been a top trophy hunter use to mean something, you were good... Now it just means you can press X. Sad. 

 

Sony California and Jim Ryan. The sad Generation that will finally make me move to another platform in the future cause well there is almost nothing left for me except that garbage everyday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What others play has no impact on anyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for me personally - I don't really care. The issue I have is that whenever I open the store it is drowning in shovelware. There are like what, 5 different brands of weekly shovelware releases nowadays? If quality indies were at least promoted better I could just skip the entire "new games" section, but I swear I would've missed out on some great titles if I wouldn't regularly dig though this shovelware infested mess of a section and individually click on everything that costs more than 3$. It is tedious and feels bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member