Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottishNub

Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

391 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Rarity leaderboard is long overdue now, and I think it shouldn't "remove" players who stack games. If a player decides to stack two ultra rare plats, DMC5 for instance, it is fine. Rarities of both plats should still count for that player on the rarity leaderboard.

They can make use of the average rarity stats present on every PSN profile on PSNP... if that's possible to implement onto this new leaderboard.

That's what I have at the back of my mind right now. :)

PSN100 is actually the exact opposite of a rarity board in a way…

…in that it discounts the rare versions of games, in favour of the more common ones.

If a PS4 re-release of a game comes out, it usually removes multiplayer, and therefore is more common… and PSN100 stops counting the PS3 version for everyone.

Same with current cross-gen games - the PS5 ones are usually auto-poppable, and the PS4 ones aren’t, so PS5 versions are much less rare… but they are the only ones PSN100 gives anyone credit for.

It’s bizarre - given that the whole ethos behind the site is to cater more to the quote-unquote “serious” trophy hunter :dunno:

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If a PS4 re-release of a game comes out, it usually removes multiplayer, and therefore is more common… and PSN100 stops counting the PS3 version for everyone.

Same with current cross-gen games - the PS5 ones are usually auto-poppable, and the PS4 ones aren’t, so PS5 versions are much less rare… but they are the only ones PSN100 gives anyone credit for.

It’s bizarre - given that the whole ethos behind the site is to cater more to the quote-unquote “serious” trophy hunter :dunno:

:blink:

That's awful, and it shouldn't be implemented here on PSNP. :S

Kinda lame Psnp still don't have a difficulty ranking(based on rarity trophies), other sites have for many years.

1 hour ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The amount of games like these that's been released within the past couple week, I really didn't expect. Why Sony will allow platinums for all these cash grab games also astonishes me, I guess Playstation is turning out like steam, no quality control... But each to thier own I guess

Best thing to do is simply vote with your wallet.

Unfortunately a lot of trophy hunters still buy these games for the easy platinums, so for these ‘hack’ developers, they’re making a nice profit.

Stop buying these games! Because if you buy these games like I do, how am I supposed to climb the leaderboard?

4 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The amount of games like these that's been released within the past couple week, I really didn't expect. Why Sony will allow platinums for all these cash grab games also astonishes me, I guess Playstation is turning out like steam, no quality control... But each to thier own I guess

8 stacks of the Jumping Soda too. Open your wallets lads, that'll be 10 dollars please! Ka ching!

I hope eventually there are about 20 stacks of these types of games released every single day.

I want to see how far the dedication to staying on top of the leaderboards is going to go and also until everyone finally puts their hands up and admits we have a trophy system problem.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:08 AM, aikikalaskamaido said:

Sony should limit this kind of bad games from the PSN store

Ok my post got deleted for having Jim Ryan laughing, on serious note can they even be called games? 

I don't quite understand the point of these cheap platinums. I mean if you are competitive about it and are a top 10, even top 100 kind of guy then sure, why not. But having 1000 platinums would barely get you into top 700. Having 500 platinums would make you around.. top 3000 or so? Does ranking really matter that much?

On 6/17/2022 at 9:42 PM, Sikutai said:

Stop buying these games! Because if you buy these games like I do, how am I supposed to climb the leaderboard?

This is sarcasm. But the leaderboards are practically meaningless at this point. 

It’s essentially just a small percentage of trophy hunters buying up the exact same games to maintain their position. The vast majority of trophy hunters, already a niche group, are just playing what they want to play at their own pace. The rankings don’t mean anything to them.

I don't even mind easy platinums so long as they're actually games. Like take Planet of the Eyes that I've just played. 93% common, extremely easy, but there's a game behind it that's worth a few hours of your time. It's the blatant cash grab crap like A Pig D (and all the horrendous arms and legs it's since grown, Spidey fucking D) that needs purging. And the 50 stacks of said easy games.

Some people enjoy getting the same 10 minute shovelware plat on three different systems just to inflate their numbers. Some people enjoy spending dozens of hours on something they truly enjoy to get one plat.

On 18. 6. 2022 at 5:54 AM, StewartBros said:

Best thing to do is simply vote with your wallet.

These "games" have budget of 2 cans of Red Bull, packet of Hot Pockets and about tree fiddy in extra costs, in this case voting with your wallet doesn't work because they only need a handful of votes to become Mayors of Grifterville, Scumtown and PlayStationStorePollution City.

7 hours ago, czDante92 said:

These "games" have budget of 2 cans of Red Bull, packet of Hot Pockets and about tree fiddy in extra costs, in this case voting with your wallet doesn't work because they only need a handful of votes to become Mayors of Grifterville, Scumtown and PlayStationStorePollution City.

And they already earned their profits by making quick, easy games.