Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

ScottishNub

4 hours ago, Nelson_ said:

This thread so far had the best posts regarding the shovelware

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/80106197

The only post that stands out to me in that GameFAQS discussion is the one guy saying Valve introduced this crap to the Steam store. 

Because they did. Steam Greenlight and Early Access guaranteed that piles of dung can make it past without any real quality control. 

Now Sony is getting the exact same shit on their store. 

I guess the PS3 being hard to code for prevented a lot of garbage titles getting past the checkin line.

• Like 3

Erm. Actually in this case, more choice is actually less choice.

If there were 10 amazing games coming out everyday I'd have to agree, but if 99 out of 100 games are shite. People are inevitably going to spend more of their money on shit games.

Which means only the super AAA games will be able to turn a profit, this is harmful to all good games and is certainly most damaging to indie and devs just starting off.

I mean if you can turn a profit by making EZPZ cash for trophies shit, why would you even bother trying to make a game? Well certainly the demoralization angle is there.

The more shit there is, the more difficult it is find good jobs you might never have heard of before.

I mean look at the list right now:-

https://psnprofiles.com/games

There's like, two or three actual games on there.

• Like 3

I love psnp and the people here however whenever I log on and we see the latest trophies there is always a list of the shittiest looking titles with plats.

We need a separate trophy list for all of these games and different colours associated. Say four different dogshit icons with different shades of brown depending on difficulty. I've got a few basics myself that I'd be fine in losing. Here is an image of a very young gamer doing a trial run stock-vector-baby-poop-color-guide-vecto

• Like 3

13 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Erm. Actually in this case, more choice is actually less choice.

If there were 10 amazing games coming out everyday I'd have to agree, but if 99 out of 100 games are shite. People are inevitably going to spend more of their money on shit games.

Which means only the super AAA games will be able to turn a profit, this is harmful to all good games and is certainly most damaging to indie and devs just starting off.

I mean if you can turn a profit by making EZPZ cash for trophies shit, why would you even bother trying to make a game? Well certainly the demoralization angle is there.

The more shit there is, the more difficult it is find good jobs you might never have heard of before.

I mean look at the list right now:-

https://psnprofiles.com/games

There's like, two or three actual games on there.

God that is horrible to even look at. We’re already at the point where a trophy thumbnail of someone putting their hand in the toilet is a thing.

• Like 2

Am i the only one? its really worrying to see this kind of asset flipping crap everytime in the New Trophy lists section.

PSN is genuinely becoming like Steam, full of shitty asset flip games and piss easy games for platinum trophies

im really trying to not judge anyone who buys these but... what's the point of getting plats of games like this? where's the feeling of accomplishment here?

also im sorry to vent about this in a site for trophy hunters, but im really curious if anyone else here agrees about this, that's all. :dance:

• Like 3

Hey mate totally get you on this it’s very very lazy these games probly take them no more than a couple of minutes to make people just do not see what there doing and to be fair it not all there fault we all have done it maybe at some point but u gotta wake up and see that these games are bad end off you literally don’t do nothing I don’t want nothing to do with these or that crappy zippy stuff either so defo agree with you dude time to put a stop to it once and for all say no lol even wen your weak 

• Like 1

I do kind of agree with this. Having to see these kinds of games constantly popping up on the new games list is getting annoying however at the same time, if I were a part of the devs team, I’d be making a load more of these because they’ve literally found a niche in the market. A game that takes maybe half an hour to an hour to create is raking in the money as they know there are a lot more dedicated trophy hunters and purely trophy hunters would be buying their games because they’re so cheap and quick to Platinum so good on the devs for finding that niche but I do completely understand your frustration 

• Like 1

not sure how to insert screenshots here, but seeing the same game popping up 8 times in the new game section and another cheap plat game right underneath it is just disgusting. I mean sure if sony is allowing them on the store and ppl are actually dumb enough to buy them, why devs wouldn't jump on it to grab some cash. it's still a shame since they are ruining the trophy economy and taking the game quality on the store down to trash. And the few good indigames out there just getting lost under this pile of junk. and don't get me started on the turbo versions, wth! I remember sony removing a game a couple years back for advertising it with an easy plat, but I guess those times are over. or it's enough to just not mention it, but put up a faster version on sale, for a higher price instead, seriously? well since they all making money on it, I don't expect it to change. and yea to get back to the topic, I'm obviously getting annoyed by it, lol. 

I don't mind them since I buy physical games and rarely any digital games.
Most of the games I browse through are on the walls of GameStop.
If I start seeing these at GameStop individually instead of a bundled collection I might start getting annoyed too.

On another trophy tracking website I occasionally visit, I saw something that piqued my curiosity the other day.
It looked like playing enough of these games is more than enough to overtake a handful of modders/cheaters on that site's leaderboard.
I began to wonder if the number of modders or cheaters may even decline since genuine players can surpass them with these kind of games.

1 hour ago, kinabru said:

Am i the only one? its really worrying to see this kind of asset flipping crap everytime in the New Trophy lists section.

PSN is genuinely becoming like Steam, full of shitty asset flip games and piss easy games for platinum trophies

im really trying to not judge anyone who buys these but... what's the point of getting plats of games like this? where's the feeling of accomplishment here?

also im sorry to vent about this in a site for trophy hunters, but im really curious if anyone else here agrees about this, that's all. :dance:

I would ask if are you new here, but your post count is pretty low so I'd probably say yes.

Yes, we're all sick of them too, we talk about it all the time, and all over the forums, because these games come out so frequently.

As a result of this , DaivRules will come along shortly and lock this topic and then send a link to another thread.

Like this:-

• Like 1

Yeah I think Sony needs to moderate the quality and quantity of what's on the store, especially now that they're adding this Stars reward program. This type of thing has made me completely give up on leaderboards. I used to be ranked 150 in my country, but now I spend 1 month platinuming Demon's Souls and other people are getting 50-60 platinums a day. I get it though, Sony gets a 30% cut of everything sold on the store so why limit their own income. 

3 minutes ago, DiBBz_94 said:

Yeah I think Sony needs to moderate the quality and quantity of what's on the store, especially now that they're adding this Stars reward program.

Not gonna happen. There's no reason and it would hurt their bottom line. 

1 hour ago, DiBBz_94 said:

Yeah I think Sony needs to moderate the quality and quantity of what's on the store, especially now that they're adding this Stars reward program. This type of thing has made me completely give up on leaderboards. I used to be ranked 150 in my country, but now I spend 1 month platinuming Demon's Souls and other people are getting 50-60 platinums a day. I get it though, Sony gets a 30% cut of everything sold on the store so why limit their own income. 

"The pay is not so good, but the air is a lot better."

24 minutes ago, Ozetkiller said:

Im not someone who blames people doing easy platinums since i have alot of them too. My goal was to reach 1000 platinums so ive done alot of those 1 hour platinums stacks. And it was all cool in the beginning with ratalaika games etc every now and then

But now the ps store is getting flooded every day with 3-4 of these games that basically have no gameplay and look like crap. Noone really speaks out about it. This is not fun anymore and ive stopped trophy hunting a few month ago when this started. Sony needs to stop this. The ps store is a mess you cant even see normal games anymore inbetween them.

Atleast add a filter to blend this spam out..

Yeah this gets talked about all the time. Daily. Hourly on these forums.

• Like 4

Just ignore them if you don't get enjoyment out of them anymore, saying they need to stop isn't going to be taken seriously when you've got so many easy plats yourself

The flood of easy crappy games has been going for a lot longer than a few months at this point as well, the breakthrough games for example have been getting released for over a year now

• Like 1