Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

ScottishNub

You know what they say, money is money but I don’t really agree with the jumping games filling up the front store page since you don’t really do anything in them games except jump and nothing else.

I believe BreakThrough Gaming games are fine to be on the front page in my view though since them games are actually something, they are retro style arcade games.

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 2

Anyone who has even casually browsed this site at any time over the last few months will be acutely aware of this issue already, because there's been a million and one threads created to discuss the topic. Nothing in that article is news to anyone here. I'm guessing it must have been a slow news day for the writer and they had to come up with something to publish. 

• Like 1

Games like The Jumping Fries, The Jumping Fries Turbo, and dozens more like it are crowding the PSN storefront, making it harder for customers to find what they want.

I'd suggest that these things are exactly what certain customers want, which is why there's so many of them.

30 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

... so what else is new? This is old news to anyone who has been paying attention.

People on websites like this have been paying attention. Hopefully if it's getting picked up by more mainstream outlets something might be done about it.

I stopped caring about "shitty" easy plat game for 3 years now and retired from it. Ratalaika Games were atleast decent with some gameplay, finishing in a hour or so. But its getting out of hand now, I only plat and play games that I like and that are real games. The each their own I guess.

I'm glad these 2 minute cheap platinums isn't on my list

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Sony should do what Microsoft does. Any trash is allowed on the store via the Creators Program but if you want to get on the normal tier of the store and publish games with achievements then every concept needs to be approved by MS beforehand. There seriously aren't that many 30 minute "platinums" on Xbox every week, maybe 2-3, and there are zero non-games with achievements similar to the Jumping Food franchise. All games with achievements on Xbox are actual games. 

ThiGames are allowed to publish on Xbox but they don't because they know their games wouldn't sell without achievements. The same should be the case on PlayStation. 

These types of games are on the Xbox, and the topics made on the Xbox achievement forums about these types of games are larger than any on these forums. And there are some really angry people there..

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Sony needs to do something to protect the people suffering from clinical obsession of these games existing and obsessively documenting about them over and over again. The documentation they’ve left even here in the forums should be enough to get them the immediate professional help they clearly show that they need. 

If you are one of those people who seek out and get dopamine hits because you find someone, somewhere on the internet has posted something about these games existing and your immediate thought is to propagate what you find somewhere else on the internet, or you find a way to somehow relate these games with any negative impacts to humanity, I implore you to seek professional help immediately. No judgment. Your mental health is important. 

You should stop sidestepping and simply call it out for what it is, these people are mentally ill. Who cares if it upsets them, they're already crying daily about this nonsense.

• Like 2

I’m hoping more and more news outlets cover this. The reputational damage to Sony might push them to take action.

The main concern isn’t that people play those “games” (you do you) but the fact they rob devs who have actually spent time, money, sweat, and talent on creations that get buried under the sludge. If you haven’t already, you should really install PSNP+ which at least groups all the stacks together on the front page.

Edited by visighost
Typos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

These types of games are on the Xbox, and the topics made on the Xbox achievement forums about these types of games are larger than any on these forums. And there are some really angry people there..

You are incorrect and you cannot name me one game on Xbox with achievements that is anything similar to these games flooding the PSN store. There are games with easy achievements and yes, people complain about them but they are always actual games. Microsoft would not allow The Jumping Burrito Turbo to have achievements if they released it on Xbox. Therefore it would flop and this wouldn't be an issue.

Breakthrough Gaming Arcade games exist on Xbox but guess what? Since they have no achievements they flopped and stopped being released for the platform. The developer is now PlayStation exclusive thanks to Sony's lack of approval process.

Edited by iriihutoR84

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Sony needs to do something to protect the people suffering from clinical obsession of these games existing and obsessively documenting about them over and over again. The documentation they’ve left even here in the forums should be enough to get them the immediate professional help they clearly show that they need. 

If you are one of those people who seek out and get dopamine hits because you find someone, somewhere on the internet has posted something about these games existing and your immediate thought is to propagate what you find somewhere else on the internet, or you find a way to somehow relate these games with any negative impacts to humanity, I implore you to seek professional help immediately. No judgment. Your mental health is important.

Can I borrow your DSM-5?

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 3:23 PM, The Alchemist said:

Anyone who has even casually browsed this site at any time over the last few months will be acutely aware of this issue already, because there's been a million and one threads created to discuss the topic. Nothing in that article is news to anyone here. I'm guessing it must have been a slow news day for the writer and they had to come up with something to publish. 

We’re long past the Ratalaika and EastAsiaSoft crap at this point. 

Guys like Brian of PS5Trophies fame are pointing out the issue with the PS Store, and I’m sure most of his fans aren’t trophy hunters at all. 

Sony has been a shitshow when it comes to releasing decent indie games as most of the good stuff is on Steam and Nintendo Switch. 

The trophy ecosystem doesn’t mean much. I really can’t blame Hakoom for finally slowing down, because it’s the same 5 - 10 games every single time. 

Play for yourself, set personal goals for yourself, and work towards accomplishing them. Let the eSport competitors, AGDQ speed runners, Tekken & Street Fighter tournament players and Ikemenzi trophy whores do their shit on their own.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I never got why people who aren't able to overcome certain challenges or difficulties in a game wanna be part of a hobby which started with that exact premise. And to be honest I feel bad for this portion of players who have the urge to buy this crap every day.

And to be fair, after people left the arcades and those public High Score screens they'd go home and use the Konami cheat code, lower the stars on Street Fighter matches, and skip to the back pages of GamePro for more cheat codes. So maybe, the folks that buy EZ games are an extension of the people that used the Nintendo hotline?

35 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

And to be fair, after people left the arcades and those public High Score screens they'd go home and use the Konami cheat code, lower the stars on Street Fighter matches, and skip to the back pages of GamePro for more cheat codes. So maybe, the folks that buy EZ games are an extension of the people that used the Nintendo hotline?

No, avid cheaters will keep playing difficult games so they can continue cheating.