Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

ScottishNub

48 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The latest one I saw I thought was worse than it was. My late night brain thought it said “Shoot the Dog”…no, that’s not a suggestion if any of these idiots making these games read this 

Don't Shoot The Puppy

Don't_Shoot_The_Puppy.jpg

• Like 1

I have my own thoughts on the trophy piece of this, but will bring another highlight to the issue > These games make finding new and interesting games near impossible on the Playstation store (and bog down this site). With Hotdog Run, Hotdog Run Turbo, Hotdog Run Ultra, etc. -- these companies are trying to make a few dollars so people can artificially bloat their trophy collection, and you have to sift through these games. I used to browse the PS store to find interesting indie games I had never heard of before, then watched trailers, etc. There is such a range of pricing now you can't always tell if something is shovelware or not (some of these easy plats are $5.00+, which is a little insane). 

Although no trophy list will equal another in terms of difficulty - as that's completely subjective. But there is a marked difference between playing through Astrobot and moving through tasks set forth by developers to explore the game and engage in different ways than it is to press the X button 50 times. 

Obviously, trophies offer no inherent value and we should just play what we want. I started collecting trophies right when they were released, and it was a way for me to maximize games that I liked -- try new things, play on hard modes I typically wouldn't, explore spaces I may have missed before, etc. Although difficulty can vary, to me, trophies are about exploring the game (whether it be difficulty, collectibles, areas, challenges, etc.). I have rarely played a game FOR a trophy list before, but when I see a game I think I would like, I use the trophy list as a way to engage in the game in a certain way. The easy plats aren't about engagement or gaming, they're about profiting. It is what it is, but it does make the PS store and PSNProfiles annoying to sift through.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 3:16 AM, enaysoft said:

This is especially ironic since these threads are almost always created by completely different people. I think it's DaivRules that needs to look in the mirror and question why he gets so instantly narked about everything.

Yeah, for sure, some of us irritating regulars (like myself) we often jump on all these threads and start having a bit of a fun which to some people can be annoying. I get that.

I can't vouch for anyone else, but I'm only having fun. If we have to put up with shitty games coming out each and every single day on our trophy ecosystem, why not just live with it and have some fun in the meantime?

I think there are way too many people complaining about people complaining about easy trophies. You guys need to get a life and calm down. There's no hate coming form this side.

lol.

If websites like Destructoid are finally acknowledging the problem, perhaps something might be done, probably nothing, but you know, better than nothing.

Welcome to censorship generation where having opinions is no longer allowed too lol

Edited by Nelson_
  • Like 1

I have said it before and I will say it again, the trophy system has gotten out of hand. It is pretty much Sony's fault because they are greedy company and for allowing this and now it is pretty much to late to reverse this problem. Even I will admit I have been tempted to buy these cheap easy platinums some times. It is kind of sick how these developers prey on our addictions and hobbies and churn out this disgusting garbage ?️.

• Like 1

Erm, not sure why this half a year old thread has been resurrected, but for the most part, the spam filter to this website has 90% solved all the issues about people complaining about easy platinums.

(Why people keep buying them though ,well that's another story that is up to the individual themselves to solve in private)

Trophy hunters have always compared their profiles with each other in terms of number of platinums, games, completion rate, etc.

What always annoys people is when others get the same or similar reward (number of platinums) for much less effort.

As if you work 40 hours a week and get paid the same as a guy who quits work after 5 minutes.

To them it just feels unfair. <--- The answer to OP's question!

Wasn't long ago 10M points was earned, now 2M points beyond that. It's just really silly now. If something isn't done trophy hunting will die, people started losing interest because of these silly shovelware games long ago. This site is the only thing that can save it and it's baffling why nothing has been done. A leaderboard with shovelware removed is what most people want, and that should be the main leaderboard, shovelware should have its own separate one. Actually makes me cringe sometimes looking at that leaderboard. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 3