ScottishNub

Why are so many people complaining about easy platinum games

338 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

There's not really much to "counter", AJ. The positions presented in this thread and others like it are pretty well laid out by this point. There is line in the sand and while lots of folks are willing to meet there, crossing it isn't going to happen. Agree to disagree has been the starting point for every one of these threads. I can't imagine more argument from authority clap-backs are going to roll the ball much further than it already has.

 

That's every single forum thread made dude. Every forum I've gone to has had long winded debates, usually on trivial stuff, that doesn't lead to anything. I used to be a huge Sonic the Hedgehog fan, was involved with some Sonic fandom and I learned over the years that his fanbase is completely divided. There's generally a lot of disagreement regarding what games of his are good and what aren't. Sonic Forces for instance, wasn't exactly met with great acclaim.

 

Sonic 2006 is still regarded as the worst Sonic game ever made, but I disagree with the notion that it was as terrible as people made it out to be. Games from that point forward have always been rather divided. I personally enjoyed Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Nintendo Wii, but I argued with people who didn't like it.

 

What has kept the ball rolling is the acceptance of trash entering the PS Store. We find a new game that has multiple stacks that people just finish in under a minute, and the entire circlejerk starts all over again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see it as the same. Using the Sonic fandom as an example, nuance exists on both sides of the line, going in several different directions. I consider Sonic 06 to be one of the worst Sonic games, but has one of the strongest OSTs in the series. Variation of opinion exists. That's not what we have around here. Around here, there are three positions in terms of diminished trophy value:
 

Agree

Disagree

Don't care

 

..with no nuance between the three. It waters down arguments to just the same faces saying the same words keeping a ball rolling across a flat plane with no bumps. Which is why you see people try to turn it into a troll-fest or idiots like me pontificating to the heavens.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Don't see it as the same. Using the Sonic fandom as an example, nuance exists on both sides of the line, going in several different directions. I consider Sonic 06 to be one of the worst Sonic games, but has one of the strongest OSTs in the series. Variation of opinion exists. That's not what we have around here. Around here, there are three positions in terms of diminished trophy value:
 

Agree

Disagree

Don't care

 

..with no nuance between the three. It waters down arguments to just the same faces saying the same words keeping a ball rolling across a flat plane with no bumps. Which is why you see people try to turn it into a troll-fest or idiots like me pontificating to the heavens.

 

Well I basically felt Sonic 2006 had a very solid soundtrack. To me, not as good as past games in the series like Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2, but still a decent soundtrack.

 

That is a circlejerk. You're just saying it differently.

 

There was something to be said when only guys like Hakoom took advantage of the Japanese visual novels that you had to import for the easiest platinums in existence. You had to buy them physically, out of Japan, and for most of us, you're paying a LOT for shipping and handling. It's worse now because of COVID-19, but that wasn't something the average person could afford.

 

The system is garbage, like a lot of things now. We can skim past the usual trophy bitching arguments PSNP gets on an everyday basis.

 

I'm not changing my position, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree from now on.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, I'm pinching myself, I can't believe it! @AJ_Radio in the cyberflesh! I never thought I'd see the day I would meet the GOD OF TROPHIES! The sole arbiter of what is and isn't a good trophy, what is and isn't a good game! He who peruses the profiles of everyone ever and decides if it is a good or bad list! A trophy santa of sorts.

 

I'll be telling my grandkids of this day, the day I met Him! The one who decides!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, MomentsInTime said:

Oh wow, I'm pinching myself, I can't believe it! @AJ_Radio in the cyberflesh! I never thought I'd see the day I would meet the GOD OF TROPHIES! The sole arbiter of what is and isn't a good trophy, what is and isn't a good game! He who peruses the profiles of everyone ever and decides if it is a good or bad list! A trophy santa of sorts.

 

I'll be telling my grandkids of this day, the day I met Him! The one who decides!

 

The Baron of Bronzes,

Savior of Silvers,

Guardian of Golds,

The Paragon of Platinums,

Grand Poobah of Points,

He that is lesser to Hakoom.

 

 

I have no actual opinion here, I just thought of that while running ICC for the umpteenth time and found it amusing.

 

Edit: Wait, I have a couple more:

Royalty of the Rankings,

Legendary of the Leaderboards,

Utilitarian of Ultra Rares (this ones a little weak)
Super Meat Boy Toy (feedback on this one, please).

Edited by Jelly Soup
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

We find a new game that has multiple stacks that people just finish in under a minute, and the entire circlejerk starts all over again.

 

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

That is a circlejerk. You're just saying it differently.

 

"Circle-jerk" is a term meaning everyone is in agreement, and patting each-other on the back.

Jerking each-other off, as it were - hence "circle jerk"

 

These threads are the opposite, everyone is not agreeing - there are multiple dissenting factions in outright disagreement.

 

I doubt it would be much fun at a real life circle-jerk, if half the people were jerking each other off, and the other half were punching them in the face at the same time... 😂

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, MomentsInTime said:

Oh wow, I'm pinching myself, I can't believe it! @AJ_Radio in the cyberflesh! I never thought I'd see the day I would meet the GOD OF TROPHIES! The sole arbiter of what is and isn't a good trophy, what is and isn't a good game! He who peruses the profiles of everyone ever and decides if it is a good or bad list! A trophy santa of sorts.

 

I'll be telling my grandkids of this day, the day I met Him! The one who decides!

 

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

 

The Baron of Bronzes,

Savior of Silvers,

Guardian of Golds,

The Paragon of Platinums,

Grand Poobah of Points,

He that is lesser to Hakoom.

 

 

I have no actual opinion here, I just thought of that while running ICC for the umpteenth time and found it amusing.

 

Edit: Wait, I have a couple more:

Royalty of the Rankings,

Legendary of the Leaderboards,

Utilitarian of Ultra Rares (this ones a little weak)
Super Meat Boy Toy (feedback on this one, please).

 

Please. You might as well just hand out badges to people who earn one platinum a day.

 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

 

 

"Circle-jerk" is a term meaning everyone is in agreement, and patting each-other on the back.

Jerking each-other off, as it were - hence "circle jerk"

 

These threads are the opposite, everyone is not agreeing - there are multiple dissenting factions in outright disagreement.

 

I doubt it would be much fun at a real life circle-jerk, if half the people were jerking each other off, and the other half were punching them in the face at the same time... 1f602.png

 

 

There is still a circle jerk. It's getting like minded people together and shooting down everything the other side is saying. I don't align with either side, I just don't care about what others think in regards to my own thoughts.

Edited by AJ_Radio
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

if half the people were jerking each other off, and the other half were punching them in the face at the same time... 1f602.png

 

 

Tell me more.

 

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Please. You might as well just hand out badges to people who earn one platinum a day.

 

 

We do.

They're called 'one platinum trophy a day'.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

 

Tell me more.


hey, I don’t kink shame :dunno: 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

 

So you basically decided a counterpoint wasn't worth wasting time on and you agree to disagree. Alright, I can accept that.

Actually, just wanted to get back to enjoying myself.  Glad you can accept it's time to move on as Jelly mentioned.

This is a trophy site and ppl earn them.  Who looks at ppl cards and examines them like a doctor.  That's a little creepy and a waste of time.

Don't judge or you will be judged.  Hence, my previous comment.  You've not played a lot of hard games yourself.  That's ok.

I've got more URs than most ppl that judge on this subject.  Not all but many.  It doesn't matter anyway.

Go game and enjoy yourself.  If we all gamed as much as we post, we would have more fun.  

This is a gaming site, not a debate site.  

 

Edited by kfree7
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

There is still a circle jerk. It's getting like minded people together and shooting down everything the other side is saying. I don't align with either side, I just don't care about what others think in regards to my own thoughts.

 

Well, seems you kinda do and that's ok, it's entirely your right hehe. It's a topic that will always have a result of agree to disagree. On stacks I'm totally with you! For me this has broken the system more than anything else. I do get that it became a necessity for games that were only released in a region or so, but then make it impossible to play it if you 're not from that region...platform stacking is another thing, and although it also bugs me, it's more natural.

 

I mean I do have easy plats as they say. Do I wish I hadn't played them? Some probably, because they ended up being really bad. Do I also wish I didn't grind a game for hours to go for a plat, for the sake of it and losing its fun side? Also...so all in all, we all take a hit I think. But that's what we do, we hunt trophies. How each one decides how to do it is another story. Some don't have the money, some don't have the time, some don't want to trigger themselves, each one his own. In the end, they only have to answer to themselves.

 

I am amazed though how Rata profiles take a hit while all those free ps5 rare/ ultra rare plat insta pops just is a normal thing to do and noone bats an eye 😅😂😬

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rejim said:

I am amazed though how Rata profiles take a hit while all those free ps5 rare/ ultra rare plat insta pops just is a normal thing to do and noone bats an eye 1f605.png1f602.png1f62c.png

 

Give it time. Once the number exceeds 15 or so, you'll see people start to complain.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

We do.

They're called 'one platinum trophy a day'.

 

It's instant gratification. That's what this is.

 

10 hours ago, kfree7 said:

Actually, just wanted to get back to enjoying myself.  Glad you can accept it's time to move on as Jelly mentioned.

This is a trophy site and ppl earn them.  Who looks at ppl cards and examines them like a doctor.  That's a little creepy and a waste of time.

Don't judge or you will be judged.  Hence, my previous comment.  You've not played a lot of hard games yourself.  That's ok.

I've got more URs than most ppl that judge on this subject.  Not all but many.  It doesn't matter anyway.

Go game and enjoy yourself.  If we all gamed as much as we post, we would have more fun.  

This is a gaming site, not a debate site.  

 

 

Forums are a matter of debate. Every single forum site I've been to in the past 10 - 15 years has gone down to petty arguments where nothing gets solved. I've been to numerous sports forums that make this website look tame in comparison.

 

I tell people I am free to be judged, because I let myself be.

 

I don't care how few hard games I've played. What I care about is when somebody decides to attack me because I'm outspoken on easy games flooding the PS Store. I recently discovered a couple games I'm interested in buying that I basically missed because of all the crap coming in.

 

Sometimes you have to step back and ask yourself what are you trying to achieve, and are you having fun with it. A few years back I did walking simulators and region stacks (Sound Shapes), decided I wouldn't do them anymore because I didn't like them, and moved on. I don't like walking simulators and a lot of purely story driven games, which is why I'm not buying Life is Strange 2 or the new TellTale Game titles. I have my tastes and my opinions just like you have yours.

 

If you list your computer specs on your signature, then I feel people are free to judge. That's how it's always been.

 

1 hour ago, Rejim said:

 

Well, seems you kinda do and that's ok, it's entirely your right hehe. It's a topic that will always have a result of agree to disagree. On stacks I'm totally with you! For me this has broken the system more than anything else. I do get that it became a necessity for games that were only released in a region or so, but then make it impossible to play it if you 're not from that region...platform stacking is another thing, and although it also bugs me, it's more natural.

 

I mean I do have easy plats as they say. Do I wish I hadn't played them? Some probably, because they ended up being really bad. Do I also wish I didn't grind a game for hours to go for a plat, for the sake of it and losing its fun side? Also...so all in all, we all take a hit I think. But that's what we do, we hunt trophies. How each one decides how to do it is another story. Some don't have the money, some don't have the time, some don't want to trigger themselves, each one his own. In the end, they only have to answer to themselves.

 

I am amazed though how Rata profiles take a hit while all those free ps5 rare/ ultra rare plat insta pops just is a normal thing to do and noone bats an eye 1f605.png1f602.png1f62c.png

 

There are some easy games I plan to pick up myself. I'm just trying to tell people if they don't feel happy stacking all these easy games, then they should just stop. But every time I try to do this, I get attacked and labeled an elitist.

 

I will never tell anybody they should play Max Payne 3, or other overly difficult games. I never looked down at anybody who couldn't do such games because of skill and/or time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

There are some easy games I plan to pick up myself. I'm just trying to tell people if they don't feel happy stacking all these easy games, then they should just stop. But every time I try to do this, I get attacked and labeled an elitist.

 

I will never tell anybody they should play Max Payne 3, or other overly difficult games. I never looked down at anybody who couldn't do such games because of skill and/or time.

 

To be clear, just the first part was somewhat replying to you, the rest was just me adding up as my opinion, just didn't want to make a double post for the sake of it. 

 

Been following you up indirectly (seeing some of your posts here and there) and my general idea of you was you were actually 'frowning upon' rata games, I was then mistaken, or didn't pick up on the nuance you were trying to go for, apologies for my part (but you probably mean the ones high up playing them just to keep on par with the rest, cause the profiles that only have those, I'm sure they happy with that 😅). But yeah, everyone should play what they like in the end. There is no harm in loosing the fun for a bit, but it should remain the principle cause of gaming, and thus trophy hunting.

 

On that same 'category' I'd put pure completionists as well. I understand what they're going for and kuddos for them, but I just feel they lose a lot by depriving themselves of some good games just because it might break the 100%

 

I myself, at the moment, am at another 'category' all together. Trying to plat games I have fast, not to rank up on LB (although that's cool as well) but just to be able to delete them and make space for the ones I bought (am looking every 2 weeks for discounts) and are waiting to download. It's so stupid but here I am...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

There are some easy games I plan to pick up myself. I'm just trying to tell people if they don't feel happy stacking all these easy games, then they should just stop. But every time I try to do this, I get attacked and labeled an elitist.

 

I will never tell anybody they should play Max Payne 3, or other overly difficult games. I never looked down at anybody who couldn't do such games because of skill and/or time.

 

Im with you here. 

 

If you like spending your time, racking up 30-50 plats a month, with 10min platinums, then all the power to you. You will not hear me say anything bad about you. 

 

If you like playing games like DMC5, Wolfenstein 2, Cuphead, and games like that, that are dificult, just do it. 

 

No matter what you wanna do, do it. No one should be the judge of what you can and cannot spend your time on. 

 

Elitism in a HOBBY, is stupid in my eyes. 

 

Yes, i have a few trophies im proud of, because i thought i didn't have the skills or persistence to get them, and when i got them, it felt good. But that doesn't mean that my trophies are worth more that another guys. 

 

Trophies are (in my eyes), your gaming "history", and is a way of challenging yourself. If your goal is 1,000 platinums, then maybe you have to do some "shitty EZ games", and if your goal is a lot of ultra rares, then you might have to play some hard og time consuming games. It's just a hobby. Not a competition :) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rejim said:

 

To be clear, just the first part was somewhat replying to you, the rest was just me adding up as my opinion, just didn't want to make a double post for the sake of it. 

 

Been following you up indirectly (seeing some of your posts here and there) and my general idea of you was you were actually 'frowning upon' rata games, I was then mistaken, or didn't pick up on the nuance you were trying to go for, apologies for my part (but you probably mean the ones high up playing them just to keep on par with the rest, cause the profiles that only have those, I'm sure they happy with that 1f605.png). But yeah, everyone should play what they like in the end. There is no harm in loosing the fun for a bit, but it should remain the principle cause of gaming, and thus trophy hunting.

 

On that same 'category' I'd put pure completionists as well. I understand what they're going for and kuddos for them, but I just feel they lose a lot by depriving themselves of some good games just because it might break the 100%

 

I myself, at the moment, am at another 'category' all together. Trying to plat games I have fast, not to rank up on LB (although that's cool as well) but just to be able to delete them and make space for the ones I bought (am looking every 2 weeks for discounts) and are waiting to download. It's so stupid but here I am...

 

I initially frowned upon 'Rata games' because of the multitudes of stacks they made. Before you had stuff like the Sound Shapes region stacks, which I've actually done, and autopopping trophies in games like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Metal Gear Solid 3. Those were the exception, rather than the norm.

 

I never really tried to 100% everything, but I like to get a lot out of my games which is why I go after the trophies. Someone with a low completion rate who plays games for five minutes and moves to the next, I ain't bashing them. This entire debate started a few years ago when Ratalaika were coming out with multiple stacks. I have not once bashed somebody for playing a few. Those who indulge in that stuff and Breakthrough, they are doing the slippery slope fallacy.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

 

 

I overall think some people on this site need to spend more time gaming and less time judging.

 

Love this post Lady.  Thanks and you are so correct.  It's a trophy and gaming site.  Ppl that judge these 2 things here should leave this site find a non-trophy and gaming site.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 4:42 AM, ladynadiad said:

 

I overall think some people on this site need to spend more time gaming and less time judging.

 

This right here. It's one thing to have a discussion about how these games are affecting the leaderboards, it's a completely different thing to turn this into some holy crusade.

 

It's worth repeating that Rata has some legitimately good games, they just get overshadowed by the easy trophy lists. Metagal is a perfectly serviceable Mega Man clone, as an example.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd put the cause of the complaints in the "time spent versus points earned" category, and not due to the quality of the game.

 

In their eyes:

30 minutes to earn the platinum (usually around 1300 points for the whole game) of a game that has you walking from A to B probably should be "worth less" than a 10 hour game with logic puzzles.

And the second game should be "worth less" than a 15 hour game filled with I-almost-died-just-now action.

 

Because a lot of the EZPZ platinums are so short and require little to no effort, the time spent to obtain the 10-hour game platinum could've been spent to earn 20 platinums.

So in terms of points-per-hour, the EZPZ are a far better method to gain points. And the leaderboard is based purely on points.

Not quality, but quantity.

And that's what's ticking folks off.. quantity.

 

Also, who said that an EZPZ game can 't be fun?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baranov_925 said:

Because it's better to have one, lovely wife that will be by your side forever (one hard platinum) than 10 secret lovers that you will forgot in next few months (10 easy platinums).

uh.... i beg to differ...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maverick6146 said:

uh.... i beg to differ...

well that's your opinion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2021 at 6:49 AM, Baranov_925 said:

Because it's better to have one, lovely wife that will be by your side forever (one hard platinum) than 10 secret lovers that you will forgot in next few months (10 easy platinums).

lol best one

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.