☆The Future of Mayo

AlucardSnakeXZ27

33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

With houses right next door and people walking around, can’t go outside without wearing a mask, which is another reminder that reality is knocking.

I hate wearing a mask and also wearing one aggravates my asthma so I rarely go out unless I REALLY have too, and now that you mention it, for me, working from home, playing games from home and having food delivered to your door.

I honestly am starting to get used to not going outside into the real world. If I have been playing a game in VR, after I take my helmet off, it honestly does feel like I have been outside for a walk. We are slowly getting quite similar to the Matrix living in our pods, except we're fully aware of the outside world but just think nah, outside world is not as good so we stay indoors, and right now it's more dangerous going outside and even the government tells you to stay at home, weird times we are living in.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Agree with you Spaz. As the 4Chan meme might say: Don't believe in dystopian prophecies? You're in one.

The main problem is that people are fundamentally lazy and it's getting worse. We literally have the sum of all human knowledge available at our fingertips via the Internet (although companies like Google are doing their best to "memory hole" things they don't like, which disgusts me no end).

It seems that if you are under 30 years old, the simple act of doing a bit of research on a subject is the last thing you would think of. I see this behaviour all the time and am not singling out older Millennials and Zoomers because I'm an asshole (I'm Gen-Z if that matters). It's almost like growing up with the Internet makes you not know how to use the Internet.

You see it all the time on Internet forums. Someone posts something and the first thing anyone asks is source/sauce? Like you couldn't do a quick search yourself in three seconds. I find it kind of baffling.

I think the problem is social media. Younger people have been social engineered. There have been dozens of ex-social media employees who have stated that they KNEW they were engaged in social engineering, knew it was wrong and did it anyway. Now they regret it. Just look at the list of Big Tech execs, celebrities and other of the so-called "elite" who don't allow their kids to use social media, and severely restrict their screen-time.

It's no better for the Boomers quite honestly, I meet people all the time who get all of their political and other opinions from newspapers/TV, to the point that I know exactly what newspaper they read just by what their opinion is (mainly applies to Guardian, Daily Mail, Daily Express readers). The average age of a viewer of TV news in the UK is now about 63. The BBC is weaponized propaganda and has been for at least the last 15 years.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this but I think the major problem in society is that people are unwilling or unable to think critically and consider a range of different viewpoints on a subject. Exposing yourself to social media, legacy media, Hollywood movies and the like should probably come with a health warning at this point.

I'm not even joking, I very rarely watch TV - I basically only ever watch sport, and maybe a handful of times a year. Even when I do "watch" sport, I tend to put it on while I'm busy doing something else and use it more like a radio. When I watch TV or a movie, I literally feel anxious and a bit ill. It's like my brain is telling me that it's poison. It's hard to explain to be honest. Obviously I don't have the same reaction when playing vidya, so who knows.

So yeah, I totally understand why people are allowing the rigged system we live in to prosper, despite it not being in any normal person's best interest. My history teacher once told me "Knowledge isn't knowing anything, it's knowing where to look for the information." Actually, it wasn't my history teacher, that would have been cool. It was actually my metalwork teacher. That guy was old-school working class and was an incredibly wise man. He was right, and I really think that people could improve society as a whole by embracing that.

I'm not sure how we have gotten into a philosophical discussion on the current state of society based on a game where you click on a jar of mayonnaise for 35 minutes until you get a virtual trophy for your collection, but here we are. ?

So what you are saying is we need an open world Mayo game where you can't fast travel and it's like a walking simulator but every time you want to lift your leg you need to click five times and if you encounter a monster/bandit/assassination target you need to press X the sufficient number of times to use up the precise amount of energy that swinging a massive sword would use IRL?

That sounds terrible. I already have a slightly bigger right arm from playing beat em ups. If someone could invent a left-handed controller then this would actually be a great idea as I could even out my left arm in the process.

Well, I don’t exactly know how to put this, but that’s a pretty deep look on society as a whole.

all this in a thread about a game about a jar of mayonnaise.

Edited by arcanehornet_
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I need this in my life. I don't care if people call it an "easy platinum", it was fun to play and I laughed my ass off doing so xD My thumb hurt like hell but totally worth it.

You know you can press the X button and the touchpad to make it easier right?

Remember this lesson for Mayo 3 kohai desu.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

You know you can press the X button and the touchpad to make it easier right?

Remember this lesson for Mayo 3 kohai desu.

I did not know that :o Now I wanna re-download it and try that out haha

I am a big dumb dumb I didn't even realize this game is out!! I just bought it let's goooooo

Edited by Annoyingtiger888
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I did not know that :o Now I wanna re-download it and try that out haha

I am a big dumb dumb I didn't even realize this game is out!! I just bought it let's goooooo

Honestly, I liked Mayo 2 (mainly because of this thread, hilarious). Mr Massagy is great though. It's really late and I can't be arsed to go through your games, but if you haven't, play that, I thought it was going to be horribly sleazy but it's actually hilarious. It might be the best game Green Lava have done. 10/10 Must Buy - Kotaku. In Clown World. Obviously (Kotaku don't give ratings.But you already knew that).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Honestly, I liked Mayo 2 (mainly because of this thread, hilarious). Mr Massagy is great though. It's really late and I can't be arsed to go through your games, but if you haven't, play that, I thought it was going to be horribly sleazy but it's actually hilarious. It might be the best game Green Lava have done. 10/10 Must Buy - Kotaku. In Clown World. Obviously (Kotaku don't give ratings.But you already knew that).

I finished it a little bit ago, best damn 99 cents I've spent haha It was very amusing, and a bit different from the first one. I have not played Mr Massagy but I saw that Markiplier did a few years back and I was planning on looking into it later. It's cheap so I might go ahead and buy it, as well, thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Well, I don’t exactly know how to put this, but that’s a pretty deep look on society as a whole.

all this in a thread about a game about a jar of mayonnaise.

You are literally called arcane-hornet (underscore). I am assuming the underscore has some kind of occult meaning, what with me playing The Council right now and having an Occult level of 2. You see, I can see these things.

The thing is, Mayo 1 and 2, and Mr Massagy are all about the oppression that is caused by cows farting in space. After the elites cancelled the Moon Landings and launched themselves into a breakaway civilization by using 9/11 and the assassination of Bin Laden to achieve their New Moon Order, it's quite clear that the original jar of mayonnaise that Bill Gates and George Soros used as their Grand Chess Board to send humanity to the stars (for real this time) was all part of their plot to prove that the Flat Earth was responsible for the French Revolution and the discovery of quantum physics. 

Especially since Einstein loved chips and mayonnaise. And Epstein loved mayonnaise and chips. This is a very deep conspiracy as you can see.

Hopefully that clears everything up. 

Please don't tell anyone about this by the way. It's literally the biggest secret in the history of the world.    

10 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I finished it a little bit ago, best damn 99 cents I've spent haha It was very amusing, and a bit different from the first one. I have not played Mr Massagy but I saw that Markiplier did a few years back and I was planning on looking into it later. It's cheap so I might go ahead and buy it, as well, thanks for the suggestion.

Do it mate. That game is awesome. The elitist Puritans on this site will hate me for saying it, but trust me. I totally am not a Green Lava shill that gets paid comms for every recommendation I make for their games. Please, for the love of all that is holy, buy it now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

You are literally called arcane-hornet (underscore). I am assuming the underscore has some kind of occult meaning, what with me playing The Council right now and having an Occult level of 2. You see, I can see these things.

The thing is, Mayo 1 and 2, and Mr Massagy are all about the oppression that is caused by cows farting in space. After the elites cancelled the Moon Landings and launched themselves into a breakaway civilization by using 9/11 and the assassination of Bin Laden to achieve their New Moon Order, it's quite clear that the original jar of mayonnaise that Bill Gates and George Soros used as their Grand Chess Board to send humanity to the stars (for real this time) was all part of their plot to prove that the Flat Earth was responsible for the French Revolution and the discovery of quantum physics. 

Especially since Einstein loved chips and mayonnaise. And Epstein loved mayonnaise and chips. This is a very deep conspiracy as you can see.

Hopefully that clears everything up. 

Please don't tell anyone about this by the way. It's literally the biggest secret in the history of the world.    

Do it mate. That game is awesome. The elitist Puritans on this site will hate me for saying it, but trust me. I totally am not a Green Lava shill that gets paid comms for every recommendation I make for their games. Please, for the love of all that is holy, buy it now.

Whether you meant to or not, you made me laugh which I really needed as of late, so thank you for that. I'm definitely buying it now, not that you're getting paid for it or anything ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Whether you meant to or not, you made me laugh which I really needed as of late, so thank you for that. I'm definitely buying it now, not that you're getting paid for it or anything ;) 

I only write this shit because it cracks me up. I'm glad it made you laugh too. ☺️

No, I totally am not affiliated with Green Lava. I don't get paid a penny. I have no idea what you are talking about governor. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LMAO, why is this thread even made?

They will continue (just like Ratalaika Games for example) making new games.

It‘s called buisness.

There goal is to make as much money as possible.

For indy developers this is a good way to make money.

I always wondered, why no developer had this idea during the PS3 days.

Especially after people started celebrating Telltale Games for there quick & easy platinum games.