Dualsense Broke in 3 Weeks

Nednrb

2 hours ago, Nednrb said:

3 Weeks In, controller carefully maintained, never dropped, playing nothing but PS4 games (so no haptic feedback) and not pressing triggers hard at all and the R2 Trigger spring has snapped.

Can hear the spring rattling inside the trigger.

Keep your receipts people.  Things could get ugly.

?1f621.png

Yeah that sucks, use your warranty like a lot of people have said.

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Sorry about your luck. Hopefully you’re just an outlier.

Is everything still working aside from the rattle? Best to just get it replaced under warranty. 

Yeah everything else is fine.  Appears to be a common problem after scrolling through reddit etc.

Also common theme on reddit and articles on the web that the controller has reporting to suffer from stick drift too :\

My two controllers are fine on the stick though.

Going to return the broken controller this weekend. 

I've been using official sony controllers since PS1 and I've never had issues with any control before.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nednrb said:

Yeah everything else is fine.  Appears to be a common problem after scrolling through reddit etc.

Also common theme on reddit and articles on the web that the controller has reporting to suffer from stick drift too :\

My two controllers are fine on the stick though.

Going to return the broken controller this weekend. 

I've been using official sony controllers since PS1 and I've never had issues with any control before.

My Dualsense's Circle (O) button is kinda loose but so far L2 R2 are still working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing some issues with dual sense controller. Audio stutters if I plug in a headphone through the 3.5mm jack. I had the same issue with ps4 dual shock as well. I thought PS5 had better Bluetooth technology but it still has audio skips.

Edited by mvpeast

• 5 weeks later...

Jumping in here to report that this just happened to me.

Got mine on release day. I've been playing a fair bit over the holiday break. But my R2 just died, the spring doesn't push it all the way back out anymore. Weirdly the whole controller died in games. works on the home screen, but no games receive input from the dualsense.
Currently calling support to organize a replacement or to have it fixed.
Might have to go to the shops and get a 2nd controller to use while this one gets fixed/replaced. As you can't launch PS5 games with a dualshock4. (it tells you it requires a dualsense to play the ps5 version)

The Cronus Zen now works on PS5 which is fantastic, Sony don't seem to want to make a premium controller like Microsoft.

I'm using the DS4 on all PS5 games except COD which get's the Xb1 Elite or Nacon Revolution unlimited.

I realize I'm kinda off topic here and I understand the frustration.

47 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

The Cronus Zen now works on PS5 which is fantastic, Sony don't seem to want to make a premium controller like Microsoft.

I'm using the DS4 on all PS5 games except COD which get's the Xb1 Elite or Nacon Revolution unlimited.

I realize I'm kinda off topic here and I understand the frustration.

How do you boot a PS5 game with a DS4? I always get an error message "You must be using a DualSense to launch this application"
The only way I got it to work was to connect to the PS5 with remote play.

1 minute ago, Draps-1337 said:

How do you boot a PS5 game with a DS4? I always get an error message "You must be using a DualSense to launch this application"
The only way I got it to work was to connect to the PS5 with remote play.

You would need to own a Cronus Max Zen. One of those devices that the Call Of Duty community hates so much because it's cheating. I use these adapters for one purpose, to use a different controller on a different console.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

You would need to own a Cronus Max Zen. One of those devices that the Call Of Duty community hates so much because it's cheating. I use these adapters for one purpose, to use a different controller on a different console.

Ah I see, it's a physical middle ware device.

That sucks. I've been hard on mine. Crash Trilogy with the trigger constantly being mashed because I suck, and as I type this I have the controller rubber banded by being tied to a cat toy stick with a hair tie through a novelty phone jail trying to get the platinum in Dirt 5. I've had it since launch and I've been worried about breaking it but it seems hardy enough. I'm more worried about it not charging properly and randomly shutting off when I'm trying to play Spiderman. 

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 11:19 AM, Nednrb said:

3 Weeks In, controller carefully maintained, never dropped, playing nothing but PS4 games (so no haptic feedback) and not pressing triggers hard at all and the R2 Trigger spring has snapped.

Can hear the spring rattling inside the trigger.

Keep your receipts people.  Things could get ugly.

?1f621.png

it makes me laugh at how people think putting so much random ass tech into a controller is needed, I mean the ps4 normal controllers battery dies out so bloodly fast only get about 3ish hours of gameplay out of it till they made the ps4 pro controllers it made it last longer and it was good but still to me I think controllers now need to be like they were back on ps2, if they fall down on the floor nothing breaks they keep going, it was hard to break them controllers I only ever got to break one thing on my older ones the x button due to playing a lot of games like evil dead, bloodryane and few others that you kind of had to spam x to do things

16 hours ago, KANERKB said:

it makes me laugh at how people think putting so much random ass tech into a controller is needed, I mean the ps4 normal controllers battery dies out so bloodly fast only get about 3ish hours of gameplay out of it till they made the ps4 pro controllers it made it last longer and it was good but still to me I think controllers now need to be like they were back on ps2, if they fall down on the floor nothing breaks they keep going, it was hard to break them controllers I only ever got to break one thing on my older ones the x button due to playing a lot of games like evil dead, bloodryane and few others that you kind of had to spam x to do things

I think also that week one consoles and their problems are allot more noticeable given that it is literally week one. Out of all the new owners here there's not many problems when you think about it. I doubt I'll ever use the haptic or vibration feedback.

• Like 1