Dualsense Broke in 3 Weeks

Nednrb

1 hour ago, OnuR10Ly said:

Bait?

Just my way of saying that having to meet such a low price point and also under the current circumstances it's not unimaginable that Sony has cut some corners in manufacturing/quality control, unfortunately.

Hope I'm wrong as I would like to own a PS5 sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 3:19 AM, Nednrb said:

3 Weeks In, controller carefully maintained, never dropped, playing nothing but PS4 games (so no haptic feedback) and not pressing triggers hard at all and the R2 Trigger spring has snapped.

Can hear the spring rattling inside the trigger.

Keep your receipts people.  Things could get ugly.

?1f621.png

most stores offer 1yr protection from like 7$. You'd be stupid not to get it for new items. 

the metal thing inside the trigger housing is, as it was on ps4 a flimsy little paperclip bend it too much, as in pulsing the trigger constantly or playing allot of racers cause it to get hot, bend and snap when it finally gets cold and is used.

also and unfortunately the cogs inside the block that are responsible for adaptive triggers are also tiny but made of plastic and renching the trigger when it's giving resistance can strip the teeth from the cogs.

Playing through Astros Playroom with the Adaptive Trigger made sense, but after only a single CoD multiplayer match I had to disable it. Didn't feel like either the controller or my hands could hold up to that. Keeping them disabled until performance is proven better with them enabled.

Exactly the same thing happened to my best mates Dualsense, the spring in the R2 went after less than a month. I guess there's going to be some teething issues with the new tech. The most disappointing aspect to me seems to be sticky face buttons also (I don't know if I'm being paranoid here) I feel like my left analogue stick is becoming less responsive. I wish I hadn't given my DS4 to my brother so quickly, might ask for it back while I'm still playing quite a few PS4 games.

I don't own one yet as I don't have a PS5, but my main worry is that I am going to have trouble adjusting to the feel of the DualSense in my hands. As a lot of people have noted, it looks like an XBOX controller and as someone who has never played any type of XBOX in her life (I'm strictly a PlayStation and Nintendo gal), it might feel totally weird for me. That said, I hope yours gets fixed under your warranty!

On 12/1/2020 at 6:20 AM, Phoenixgaming1 said:

I'm getting my PS5 on the 10th and I hope this doesn't happen to me. Thankfully, it's coming with 2 controllers.

Would you mind sharing where you're picking yours up on that date? My birthday is February 14 and I'd really like to have a PS5 as my gift to myself.

Edited by Kristen Danielle

While there is always a % of faulty items for any large mass scale production items, I am genuinely surprised when I see comments like this. For every console for every generation and I just find it hard to believe that its the hardware's fault.

I dont want to flat out say that the people who break their controllers are heavy handed or just dont look after their stuff and its the user not the equipment.

I will however say that all of my consoles from back to the Super Nintendo still work perfectly, outside of a controller here or there that have some stick drift they all worked so I dunno man....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I don't own one yet as I don't have a PS5, but my main worry is that I am going to have trouble adjusting to the feel of the DualSense in my hands.

This was a concern for me before I got mine, I thought it would be too big and uncomfortable in my hands. It is slightly larger than the DS4, but nowhere near as much as I thought. I've already adjusted and it feels a bit weird to me when hold the DS4 now.

• Like 1

Just now, EIdain said:

This was a concern for me before I got mine, I thought it would be too big and uncomfortable in my hands. It is slightly larger than the DS4, but nowhere near as much as I thought. I've already adjusted and it feels a bit weird to me when hold the DS4 now.

Oh! That's good to hear!

On 1/22/2021 at 4:35 AM, IGNIT_Cam said:

Playing through Astros Playroom with the Adaptive Trigger made sense, but after only a single CoD multiplayer match I had to disable it. Didn't feel like either the controller or my hands could hold up to that. Keeping them disabled until performance is proven better with them enabled.

Yeah I find the controller pretty uncomfortable to play COD with and anything else for that matter. This is ok as I'm using a DS4, XB1 Elite or Nacon revolution unlimited pro thanks to Cronus Zen.

Update:
I received a brand new dualsense from Sony. As I mentioned earlier, there were no questions asked. Leading me to believe a few people have come forward with this issue.

53 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

I dont want to flat out say that the people who break their controllers are heavy handed or just dont look after their stuff and its the user not the equipment.

I get where you're coming from mate. Maybe I am too heavy handed, but even the few dualshock4s and dualshock3s lasted 5000+ hours before giving out. Usually, it was a bit of stick drift or a slightly loose X button. (damn games with their mashing for QTEs...)

2 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

While there is always a % of faulty items for any large mass scale production items, I am genuinely surprised when I see comments like this. For every console for every generation and I just find it hard to believe that its the hardware's fault.

I will however say that all of my consoles from back to the Super Nintendo still work perfectly, outside of a controller here or there that have some stick drift they all worked so I dunno man....

Apparently people forgot about the Red Ring of Death on the Xbox 360.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

My XB1 First edition 2013 came with a broken controller out of the box.

1 hour ago, Draps-1337 said:

Update:
I received a brand new dualsense from Sony. As I mentioned earlier, there were no questions asked. Leading me to believe a few people have come forward with this issue.

I get where you're coming from mate. Maybe I am too heavy handed, but even the few dualshock4s and dualshock3s lasted 5000+ hours before giving out. Usually, it was a bit of stick drift or a slightly loose X button. (damn games with their mashing for QTEs...)

Wasnt singling you out, was just saying in general. A broken controller or console sucks no matter the cause, glad you got it replaced mate

21 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Apparently people forgot about the Red Ring of Death on the Xbox 360.

Thats a different issue, the 360 was widespread all over the world with clear hardware design faults. This isnt the case with the PS5 or it would be worldwide news

4 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

My XB1 First edition 2013 came with a broken controller out of the box.

As per my post. there is always a % of faulty hardware when mass productions happen, you just got unlucky.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

3 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Thats a different issue, the 360 was widespread all over the world with clear hardware design faults. This isnt the case with the PS5 or it would be worldwide news

Well yes that's true, but people need to remember technology isn't infallible. I've had plenty of electronics break on me in the past. Just something to keep in mind.

5 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

Update:

How can you tell they sent you a brand new controller? 

The DualSense that came with my ps5 had severe drifting in the right stick after a few weeks of playing, so I contacted support and told me to send it, they just sent me back another DualSense yesterday, but I wouldn’t know if it’s brand new since it wasn’t in a box like the standalone you would buy.

They didn’t even ask me what the problem was either and of course it was completely free, but I might just have gotten another controller they just fixed, not a brand new one, which is ok for me, just curious.

17 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Wasnt singling you out, was just saying in general. A broken controller or console sucks no matter the cause, glad you got it replaced mate

As per my post. there is always a % of faulty hardware when mass productions happen, you just got unlucky.

Yeah well my xbox series X that I unboxed last night has a problem with the Dpad and pressing up, it's quite delayed and needs a fair bit of force. I don't think the PS5 would hit world news, there just isn't enough of them.

15 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

How can you tell they sent you a brand new controller? 

The DualSense that came with my ps5 had severe drifting in the right stick after a few weeks of playing, so I contacted support and told me to send it, they just sent me back another DualSense yesterday, but I wouldn’t know if it’s brand new since it wasn’t in a box like the standalone you would buy.

They didn’t even ask me what the problem was either and of course it was completely free, but I might just have gotten another controller they just fixed, not a brand new one, which is ok for me, just curious.

The one they sent me back had a new serial number. When you sent your original back you would have given them the original serial and if you forgot it should be in the email they sent you with the details for returning.