Dualsense Broke in 3 Weeks

Nednrb

5 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

The one they sent me back had a new serial number. When you sent your original back you would have given them the original serial and if you forgot it should be in the email they sent you with the details for returning.

Yeah, I checked that and knew I received a different controller, but still, it could be just another random controller they just fixed instead of a brand new one, I don’t think there’s a way to tell for sure.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iFraaN97 said:

Yeah, I checked that and knew I received a different controller, but still, it could be just another random controller they just fixed instead of a brand new one, I don’t think there’s a way to tell for sure.

That's true. I guess it didn't look used compared to my week-old brand new controller.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:00 AM, Kristen Danielle said:

Would you mind sharing where you're picking yours up on that date? My birthday is February 14 and I'd really like to have a PS5 as my gift to myself.

I have a friend out in the UAE who got it for me, It's still being processed in delivery even now, almost 2 months later.

And happy early birthday.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a dead zone on my white controller that came with the console. I've tried to contact Sony via phone over multiple days but I keep getting hung up on by the system due to higher than normal call volumes.

Does anyone have any idea on how to contact Sony other than the Twitter option (that also did not help)?

I'm hopeful for a replacement controller considering I got the console in the spring.

6 minutes ago, escoletsgo69 said:

I have a dead zone on my white controller that came with the console. I've tried to contact Sony via phone over multiple days but I keep getting hung up on by the system due to higher than normal call volumes.

Does anyone have any idea on how to contact Sony other than the Twitter option (that also did not help)?

I'm hopeful for a replacement controller considering I got the console in the spring.

Did you buy the console/controller directly from Sony? Or was it from a retail store?

Im not sure how it works in the US but I just took my broken controller (trigger) to the store where I bought it and it was replaced immediatly.

I bought my console at launch and noticed that my controller was drifting. I held out until I could get a second controller (bought a Red one). Eventually, I contacted Sony and had to mail my controller to them for repair. And yes, you have to pay for shipping it to them. Within an hr of receiving it, then sent out another one. My guess is they take your controller and prepare it to be refurbished and then immediately send you back one that has already been serviced.

Since getting mine back it has worked perfectly. I think it's BS that I had to pay for shipping, but customer support was pretty helpful in setting it up, and return time was fast.

• 2 weeks later...

i've basically dropped mine every week since launch. or rather falls off the side of my chair because it's slidey. only negative thing really isthe analogue stick housing needs replacing. everytime i move the right analogue stick left or right there's a faint click to it.

i've had drift in a few games, but in all honesty it didn't seem like stick drift, rather a side effect of them reducing features or moving the network or whatever. my games haven't drifted in weeks so it was only ever temporary.

i bought myself one of those new red controllers. got sick and tired of plugging the bastard in constantly so i just dock them when not in use and swap em over. theese controllers were obviously not created to last, but rather for them to just make more money. they die quicker.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

• 4 weeks later...

I guess i'm on of the lucky ones. Played several hundreds of hours since februrary and my only trouble is the controller refusing to charge on occasion and the shitty controller speaker. No drifting or any other problems. I play with Adaptive trigger off though. I find it mostly annoying to have it enabled.

One of my 2 launch controllers has lost the R2 spring. I can’t get through to support, every time I call it’s just “we’re too busy with calls, try another time”. Can’t even get into a queue. 

I think I’m just going to order a $3 spring off eBay, since the controller is otherwise fine and I don’t want someone else’s beat up 2nd hand refurb.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my PS5 (alongside the controller) since November and had the same issue with the R2 trigger in March after playing a week of COD Cold War multiplayer. I honestly ended up replacing the broken spring myself after I found the OG spring snapped, since the store I purchased my PS5 from said that he had to ship it in order to fix it. It's been fine since I did  the home-made fix, though I did set the trigger sensitivity to medium on the PS5 settings.

Edit: Good to mention that the spring I replaced was from a broken PS4 controller in case anyone wants to buy extra's or have a few lying around.

Edited by Yukizm69

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the latest console as well. In my case, after two months, the infamous "left analg drift" problem appeared. I didn't want to send the controller back under warranty (I only have one and I have to play) - I watched some YouTube videos and found that most likely a little bit of WD 40 Contact Cleaner will help. I opened DualSense and applied a dozen drops of WD 40 Contact Cleaner between the analog joystick .. HELPED! Completely helped!

PS: Some people apply WD 40 without opening the controller, but that doesn't make sense in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/ZkJcOWaz1z8?t=121     <--- Here you can see exactly where to apply WD 40 Contact Cleaner. Inside the base of the movable mechanism.

Przechwytywanie.jpg

Edited by Kessarath