Phantochi

Phantochi's Trophies in Crisis

30 posts in this topic

Wow that's a lot of stuff you typed regarding trophies must of took you hours to typed all of this into paragraphs you got some nice platinums I see and I liked how you gave them difficulty ratings and you talked about each game awesome keep it up and good to see that you are focused again keep at it.

1 hour ago, Megatritionsts said:

Wow that's a lot of stuff you typed regarding trophies must of took you hours to typed all of this into paragraphs you got some nice platinums I see and I liked how you gave them difficulty ratings and you talked about each game awesome keep it up and good to see that you are focused again keep at it.

Hey, nice to see you around here, this was way harder to do than i thought, so i'm glad someone took their time to read some of the things i'd wrote lol

Yeah, i'm trying to get back to trophy hunting, let's see if it works this time. 

Took a glance at your list then went to your profile and saw RDR2 platinum, went back to your list and saw your comment, that is all that needs to be said 😎. You have a great list and I have some similar goals, but the amount of time I need to invest in my backlog is huge, I had to abandon some games to play better ones. Getting an A rank at least in all sounds like a good challenge.

You put a lot of work into your thoughts on the games, if you want to add some color to it and have nothing else to do, adding the game pics from the trophy profile could help.

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

Took a glance at your list then went to your profile and saw RDR2 platinum, went back to your list and saw your comment, that is all that needs to be said 1f60e.png. You have a great list and I have some similar goals, but the amount of time I need to invest in my backlog is huge, I had to abandon some games to play better ones. Getting an A rank at least in all sounds like a good challenge.

You put a lot of work into your thoughts on the games, if you want to add some color to it and have nothing else to do, adding the game pics from the trophy profile could help.

Yeah, time is definitely the hardest challenge, since from now on i'm going only for games that i have some interest, the A rank shouldn't be a problem, real problem will be getting a higher completion with my backlog full of 5% percent games "sighs" 

I'll keep updating my games, adding the game pics is a nice idea, i'll just finish adding my thoughts for all of them then i'll add pics to give it a bit more life

Hurry up and get Street Fighter V UR platinum lol. Make me proud. :)

1 hour ago, UltraFire121 said:

Hurry up and get Street Fighter V UR platinum lol. Make me proud. :)

I'm taking too long to get that one done ain't i, lol

I'm slowly progressing, only way for me to get rich in that game now is by doing extreme survival, and i'm still missing 90k for the last trophy, and each extreme survival run takes me around 2h and gives me 4~6k, you can save and quit on those runs so i'm completing at least 1 per week, i'll finish injustice 2 then focus on SFV and make you proud

Heyo, just had a look at your list as well, I see you had a combo of frustrating grindy games to play in a row : AC Unity, Injustice 2, SF V (with that goddamn 1million grind). And now DMC2 xD 

Best of luck! That's some interesting games to play one after the other.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:27 AM, Copanele said:

Heyo, just had a look at your list as well, I see you had a combo of frustrating grindy games to play in a row : AC Unity, Injustice 2, SF V (with that goddamn 1million grind). And now DMC2 xD 

Best of luck! That's some interesting games to play one after the other.

I wasn't planning for this grind fest, but here i am lol

Some people told me that Injustass 2 would take me about 40hrs, i'm 40hrs in and i can easily see 40+ ahead, for SFV i'm waiting for some of the new characters to drop so i can get an easy money, or maybe Capcom will go crazy and will add new ways for us to get some money in the new season, but i doubt it, i'll take a break from fighting games for a few weeks, just finished Guilty gear Sign, Revelator and persona 4A last week, i had to do them with my ds3, and i'm not a pad player so my fingers are literally dead lol

I see that you're doing Mirror's Edge, good luck with the speedruns, heard they are painful

Hey! Nice to see you making one of these (checklist or what you’d call them) :) writing all those games down is some dedication so I took a look at your list. Haven’t really taken a look at your plats up close before but looking at them now I see you have some really impressive plats - I’m planning on doing Wolfenstein 2 later on: want to try out Mein Leben and see what the fuss is about xD 

Also surprised you found Dirt Rally 2.0 to be so hard since you have many plats tougher than that, unless you’re referring to the Colin McRae dlc aswell then it’s understandable. Even Sim pros will find that dlc tough lol

Good luck with the upcoming plats and 100%! 

2 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Hey! Nice to see you making one of these (checklist or what you’d call them) :) writing all those games down is some dedication so I took a look at your list. Haven’t really taken a look at your plats up close before but looking at them now I see you have some really impressive plats - I’m planning on doing Wolfenstein 2 later on: want to try out Mein Leben and see what the fuss is about xD 

Also surprised you found Dirt Rally 2.0 to be so hard since you have many plats tougher than that, unless you’re referring to the Colin McRae dlc aswell then it’s understandable. Even Sim pros will find that dlc tough lol

Good luck with the upcoming plats and 100%! 

Hey Don, thanks, this took a while to write but i'm glad some people are taking the time to read some of that lol

Awesome, good luck with Wolfenstein 2, that's one of my favorites games on ps4, don't be scared of Mein Leben, just make sure you practice on i am death incarnate, specially the places where you struggle the most, and you'll knock that one down pretty easily, feel free to hit me up if you need help or anything 

Yeah Dirt rally 2 is the hardest one for me, and i mean the base game, didn't even touched the dlc's, it was my very first sim Rally game, i had a really tough time in the first 10hrs or so, couldn't even win the first event, but i really got into that game and started playing everyday, guess it pay off, but i still had a hard time tho, specially with the audi quattro online event, don't even like to remember that lol

8 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Hey Don, thanks, this took a while to write but i'm glad some people are taking the time to read some of that lol

Awesome, good luck with Wolfenstein 2, that's one of my favorites games on ps4, don't be scared of Mein Leben, just make sure you practice on i am death incarnate, specially the places where you struggle the most, and you'll knock that one down pretty easily, feel free to hit me up if you need help or anything 

Yeah Dirt rally 2 is the hardest one for me, and i mean the base game, didn't even touched the dlc's, it was my very first sim Rally game, i had a really tough time in the first 10hrs or so, couldn't even win the first event, but i really got into that game and started playing everyday, guess it pay off, but i still had a hard time tho, specially with the audi quattro online event, don't even like to remember that lol

Thanks appreciate the advice, I will take your it and practice on I am Death difficulty first - diving into Mein Leben first thing might not be the best approach then lol. 

About Dirt Rally 2.0 - while some games are easy to learn and hard to master the Rally sims are hard to learn and hard to master regardless of trophies. If it’s your first no wonder you found it tough lol. Well at least you only needed 1 online event for your plat, in Dirt Rally 1 you need to get in the top tier (daily top 33% of players) of 4 different online events, the wager event being the toughest requires all players to throw in 100.000money/$ to participate - so very few noobs actually join lol. Completing a championship on highest difficulty is even tougher lol. Despite all that the first Dirt Rally is my favorite racing game on PS4.

Edited by Don_carlito94

Alright, i did some progress on those last 2 weeks, so i want to quickly write an update on my games.

S970872.png
All 34 Trophies
5th December 2020  Platinum in 4 days, 7 hours

This game is no joke, i had to stack almost 200 gold orbs for Dante Must Die, and i used almost all of them on the 3rd Nightmare, for mundus i just popped Devil trigger Stones during the air fight, and unstopable stones for the second fight. This was hard but still super fun. This is one those super janky, weird, all over the place games, that nothing makes sense, but i still love it, highly recommend it. 

Sc9823a.png
All 54 Trophies
7th December 2020  Completed in 3 years, 3 weeks

I'm playing the current season on ps4, so i went back to the Nechromancer dlc and finished a few things i had left

S9e09bf.png
All 58 Trophies
8th December 2020  Completed in 2 years, 2 months

It's a shame that Unity has that reputation of being the worst game in the series, because it's a lot of fun. I was missing all collectibles, it took a while to grab them all, but i'm glad it's done. 

S984e87.png
All 51 Trophies
9th December 2020  Platinum in 5 years, 1 month

S090650.png
All 43 Trophies
11th December 2020  Platinum in 3 years, 3 months

Sfb8f0b.png
All 48 Trophies
12th December 2020  Platinum in 2 years, 10 months

I got my ps3 back last week and did a Arc System marathon, i was missing only a few trophies from those games, now my ps3 backlog is finally done. 

Sc1635e.png
All 34 Trophies
16th December 2020  Platinum in 1 week, 1 day

How Capcom made this trash right after DMC 1 and before DMC 3 is one of humanities greatest misteries, just like the pyramids, no one knows how it happened, but it's there. At least this shit is easy, i did 4 playthroughts and the Bloody palace without dying, and my Must die playthrought took me around 30mins, i pretty much did a speedrun with Trish on Lucia's campaign. 

This bring me to 222 :platinum:, and raised my completion to 67,01%. Before starting Dmc 3, i'll go back to COD WW2, it's sitting at 11%, i'm missing a few things from the zombies, and everything campaign related, hopefully i'll have some progress by next week

55 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

snip

Hot damn that's an impressive mega list you got there :D grind AND challenge, well done!

Nice ArcSys marathon, I am a Guilty Gear fan as well.

57 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

How Capcom made this trash right after DMC 1 and before DMC 3 is one of humanities greatest misteries, just like the pyramids, no one knows how it happened, but it's there. At least this shit is easy, i did 4 playthroughts and the Bloody palace without dying, and my Must die playthrought took me around 30mins, i pretty much did a speedrun with Trish on Lucia's campaign. 

The legend says that the initial director vanished and when Hideaki Itsuno came to lead the DMC2 project, only the Stinger was implemented and the game had to be done in 6 months xD that's why it's so utterly garbage.

Luckily Itsuno didn't want to be remembered for this dumpster fire and released DMC3....which is a completely different game, as you probably know already :D 

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

The legend says that the initial director vanished and when Hideaki Itsuno came to lead the DMC2 project, only the Stinger was implemented and the game had to be done in 6 months xD that's why it's so utterly garbage.

Luckily Itsuno didn't want to be remembered for this dumpster fire and released DMC3....which is a completely different game, as you probably know already :D 

Huh, makes sense, too bad they threw this game to him, because besides dmc 2, this ninja never disappoints, he's up there with Kojima and Mikami imo. 

I was trying to find some info about the original director, and all i could find was that "an unidentified director was placed in charge of the project", he probably changed his name and ran after Capcom fired him, i don't blame him lol

Pooof

Sd24d1d.png
51 of 91 Trophies
20th December 2020  Platinum in 6 months, 3 weeks

I finished COD WW2, and it was easier than i thought, well, i died over 100 times while playing the campaign on veteran, and the zombies easter eggs took me a few tries, but i did it all solo, i had to practice all the steps for the easter eggs a few times each, but the enemies are unsconsistently, and some of the steps are random, so it's hard even after practicing. And the campaign is hard, but not as hard as previous entries in the series, what makes it hard is that you don't recover health, you have to use medkits and you can only hold 4 at the same time, and enemies spawn literally behind you in some levels, add enemies that don't miss a single shot to that and you have a recipe for rage. At least it's not a grenades rant this time. I'm still missing the dlc's, but i'm not rushing to do it, specially after hearing that they are harder than the base game, yikes. 

Next up:

L10dcf7.png

Already started this masterpiece and wow, this game is indeed a masterpiece. How can a game be this good?! Everytime i play throught DMC 3 feels like the first time. I'll try to get it done on christmas just as backup gift in case santa doesn't show up in my chimney

32 minutes ago, Teztsuro said:

Hell yeah Dmc 3 is one of my favs enjoy!

Thanks, it's one of my favorites as well, now i'm doing the slowest playthrough ever, just so i can savor every second of this game, i deserve this after dmc 2 lol

Woah, I know others have pointed it out already but major props for adding your thoughts to nearly every game you've completed. You've got a great list and its nice to see someone else that doesn't worry much about their completion rate (looks like we're both in the upper 60s).

Glad to see you thought Silent Hill 2 was worthy of a 10/10 (even if the remaster was weak). I played the PS2 version a half dozen times in my early teens and parts of the game still haunt me to this day. That feeling of dread when you start to hear static on the radio but see no one around, the twisted jerky motions of the monsters as they trudge towards you, the unsettling music that I may or may not still listen to occasionally when I need some background noise, and the implications of one of the game's endings are things that have stuck with me for over a decade now. I've yet to play a horror game that matched my experience with Silent Hill 2 and probably never will. 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:13 AM, Phantochi said:

This is almost a masterpiece. For the gunplay, the amazingly ridiculous plot. It's everything you'd want from a Wolfenstein game, almost..

Out of curiosity, what did you feel was missing from Wolfenstein II that would have made it a masterpiece?

49 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Woah, I know others have pointed it out already but major props for adding your thoughts to nearly every game you've completed. You've got a great list and its nice to see someone else that doesn't worry much about their completion rate (looks like we're both in the upper 60s).

Glad to see you thought Silent Hill 2 was worthy of a 10/10 (even if the remaster was weak). I played the PS2 version a half dozen times in my early teens and parts of the game still haunt me to this day. That feeling of dread when you start to hear static on the radio but see no one around, the twisted jerky motions of the monsters as they trudge towards you, the unsettling music that I may or may not still listen to occasionally when I need some background noise, and the implications of one of the game's endings are things that have stuck with me for over a decade now. I've yet to play a horror game that matched my experience with Silent Hill 2 and probably never will. 

Now i'm trying to raise my completion a bit, but i'm not that crazy about keeping a high completion, i just want to play some games all the way to the end instead of launching random ones that i'll play for 10 mins and never go back to. 

I feel the same way about Silent hill 2, it provides the best horror experience i have ever seen in books, films, or gaming. I doubt a game will ever come close to achieving what Silent Hill 2 did, and Silent Hill 2 is a game from 2001, it's crazy to think about it. Actually, i doubt that even Kojima's Silent Hills could have matched it, and i'm a big Kojima fanboy. 

57 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

Out of curiosity, what did you feel was missing from Wolfenstein II that would have made it a masterpiece?

Well, even though i loved the story for how crazy it is, it's not as good as what we've seen in the previous entries, it has it's unrealistic moments while at the same time it tries to be really funny, and during some deep emotional moments, it also tries to be funny and ruins the moment, like a 'bathroom scene' that happens when Bj is talking to Anya, i could have cried in that scene, but i didn't. 

The first half of the game is insanely serious, with some deep emotional story pieces, not to mention some disturbing sequences, and the second half is balls to the wall crazy fun with basically no emotion. I feel like they should have found a better mix of the two. And the ending is disappointing. 

So yeah, only cons i can found in this game is that the story is inconsistent in tone. 

I like this it's pretty cool, you got some really nice games done too.(Loved the difficulty ratings you gave for the dmc games haha.)

Edited by Unwanted_Kermit

3 hours ago, Unwanted_Kermit said:

I like this it's pretty cool, you got some really nice games done too.(Loved the difficulty ratings you gave for the dmc games haha.)

Hey, thanks :)

lol, that's what happens when you’re bored and don't know what to type, i'm just finishing the trilogy again on ps4, and i have no idea what to put in there when they're done

Devil may cry HD collection is done

S970872.png
All 34 Trophies
5th December 2020  Platinum in 4 days, 7 hours

Sc1635e.png
All 34 Trophies
16th December 2020  Platinum in 1 week, 1 day

S0fd24c.png
All 34 Trophies
28th December 2020  Platinum in 1 week, 17 hours

On Dmc 3 i did a personal challenge to get the platinum without using itens and Super costumes, and it was stupidly hard, for styles i only used Trickster or Swordmaster, Trickster is better for evasion, while Swordmaster gives a nice damage boost. Something that many people doesn't known is that charging your DT by holding the L1 button and releasing when all gauges are glowing red makes you release a DT burst, this really helps when surrounded by a large group of enemies, it does a significant amount of damage and you can then quickly dispatch who survived. Also, i was always taunting to regain the DT, Dante in DT has much higher invulnerability. And while playing DMD, i just had the mental state that if i even get hit once, i died. This made me play a lot better under pressure, and it's a nice hell and hell practice for part 4 and 5.

There's also two other techniques that really saves the day for any Dmc, first is the jump cancel. It basically allows you to interrupt any move by leaping off the enemy at the exact frame in which you touch them, usually by using the Enemy Step or any other leap ability, i wouldn’t be able to finish Vergil in dmd without Jump cancel, thanks to Jump cancel you can counter attack him with 8 Killer bee's one after another, he starts to parry after the 9th so just run and wait for him to whiff a combo and repeat the Killer bee/jump cancel strat. The second one is the camera manipulation, it's not really a technique but it gives you room to breath and think, basically an enemy only starts his attack animation when he's on screen, so as long as an enemy is off screen you don't need to worry about him, this really helps against enigmas in dmc 3, because on dmd they don't miss a shot and each shot takes 2/3 of your health, but all it takes for an enemy to start an attack is one pixel so watch out, and this doesn't work on bosses because the camera is centered on them.

Next will be the hardest on the series, but before going for Dmc 4 i'll clean some games on my backlog and play one or two games that i bought in this January sale

Damn congrats, I had to rely on items so much especially for some vergil fights when it came to dmd, That jump cancel really does help alot once you get the hang of it though.GL on 4 and 5 those are 2 games I gotta go back in finish myself one day.

15 minutes ago, Unwanted_Kermit said:

Damn congrats, I had to rely on items so much especially for some vergil fights when it came to dmd, That jump cancel really does help alot once you get the hang of it though.GL on 4 and 5 those are 2 games I gotta go back in finish myself one day.

Thanks (:

I see that you're missing the reboot as well, you should do a marathon and finish those 3, you already have some progress, will be great to see the whole series completed in your list. 

Yeah, Vergil is the hardest boss in the game, that Vergil 3 fight is pure hell, you need to be fast, specially when his hp drops bellow 30%, if you don't finish him fast enough he starts spaming judgment cuts all over the place and that's a big bye bye to me, on my last fight i managed to kill him without him doing that, and that made things a lot easier