Which of the Sword Art Online games are worth playing?

Wavergray

Sword Art Online games  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones are worth playing.

• Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
    • Sword Art Online: Lost Song
    • Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
    • Accel World vs. Sword Art Online: Millennium Twilight
    • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
    • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

So there are 6 Sword Art Online on PS4 and a friend of mine who is a fan of the series was overwhelmed by the choices and asked for my help. While I have touched a few of the games I would not go as far as to say which of the 6 games are the good ones.

So I turn to the PSNP community for their opinions. The question is: "If someone only wanted to play 1 or 2 of the SAO games, which ones would give them the best time?"

I'd say not to bother with any of them unless your a fan. Otherwise I'd suggest going with Hollow Realization and Alicization Lycoris if you like singeplayer mmo's and Fatal Bullet if you like Shooter-RPGs.

Steer clear from Lost Song and Accel World VS SAO.

I do like them all but probably would rank them in this order for me anyway
Sword Art Online Fatal  Bullet(One thing I did like about this is you can play as your own character, wouldn't mind another game like this, but set in the Alpheim World instead of just playing Kirito.)
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Accel World vs Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online Lycoris(Not sure if it got any better since patches or not have to get back to sometime, but I would probably place it higher than Accel World if it is, maybe Hollow fragment as well)
Sword Art Online Lost Song

• 2 weeks later...

As a fan of the anime and of the games, it all depends which type of grind you like to do and if you want to start from the beginning or just go in random. I haven't played fatal bullet or alicization yet, so I can't say what they are like. If you want to go anime order, start with hollow fragment, realization, lost song, fatal bullet & then alicization. Aceel world vs SAO is decent and felt more like lost song and it's not that hard to do, apart from the materials grind to upgrade to max. I consider it the dark horse of the series, as you even like it or not.

To me as an fan I really liked hollow fragment, this game will make or break you if you go for the plat. But it will be worth having in your collection, due to the ps4 version has 11 ultra rare trophies. It's the same as the vita version, apart from the level 200 grind, which could make you give up. I liked it as it followed the 2nd half of the 1st season and the hollow segment was a challenge but fun. SAO: Realization and lost song are the easy games and can be quite relaxing, if you just want to dive in the series gradually. If you want a bit of a challenge then do hollow fragment. In conclusion my final choice will be hollow fragment and then hollow realization.

If your friend care about the games story (which are different from the anime) then it is Hollow Fragment - Lost Song - Hollow Realization - Fatal Bullet - Alicization Lycoris. But since the question is which are fun then I would say Fatal Bullet if they dislike playing as Kirito and are into shooter RPGs or Alicization Lycoris if they prefer swords(for me the combat in Alicization Lycoris is better then Hollow Realization) and they don't mind playing as Kirito. Lost Song/VS Accel World is fun too.

I’m a fan of both the sao and accel world animes, but strictly speaking from gameplay I haven’t played fatal bullet or the newest one, I found lost song to be the worst for me, I just didn’t think much of the faeries and flying games.

I can’t say much else as most of my opinions are similar to posts above but yeah when in doubt I always check a gameplay video on a video website such as YouTube as I knew very quickly I hated flying characters, so Rehollow on PS4 was the game for me.