So does this require more than one FULL playthrough to plat?

Jimmy947

3 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

The Life Is Strange games were nice easy platinums that didn’t require more than one playthrough. How about this? If there is more than one ending hopefully we can at least use selective saving?

I would say you probably have to play most of the game again if you are aiming to either do 60% social or 60% analytical. 

16 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

The Life Is Strange games were nice easy platinums that didn’t require more than one playthrough. How about this? If there is more than one ending hopefully we can at least use selective saving?

I can confirm after doing my partial playthrough that it unlocked the other choice trophies, so yeah you have to do about 2 playthroughs using selective saving. 

• 1 month later...

For others who may make the same mistake I did, I got to the fishing shack with 2 major social choices, 2 major analytical choices, 2 minor analytical choices and 2 minor social choices. It made sense to me that I should be able to make the final 2 major choices analytical to get 60% analytical, restart at the shack, then do final 2 social for 60% social. Analytical it worked as planned. Social, it failed. And the only reason I figure it did is to trigger the final social choice, you need to fail to convince Bug to stay... and failing to convince her to stay requires large social ineptitude. Sigh. One more playthrough for me.

Major edit... I spoke too soon. It DID work... but I only got "Manners Make the Man" when

Spoiler

Anna died and I made a eulogy and made nice and talked to every single person at the funeral.

So... potentially how to get this if you want to risk attempting it when the requirements are super unclear...

Spoiler

I made 2 blue major choices and 2 yellow major choices prior to the fishing shack. I also had 2 blue and 2 yellow choices in my stats history that were minor by the time I got to the shack, for a total of 4 blue and 4 yellow choices by that point in the game. I failed to persuade Bug to stay on purpose, and chose blue (analytical) first run, then the final choice was choosing the mind palace. This gave me 6 blue and 4 yellow choices and 60% analytical. Then after getting the 3 endings related to the analytical route, I restarted at the fishing shack, chose yellow twice this time (social) giving me 6 yellow 4 blue, and also made sure to fail to save Anna.

The problem is the minor choices aren't super obvious as you play. I got social "I'm seeing Anna Tomorrow at the Cafe" in the chapter "Raise a Glass" which is the wake, Blue for sneaking out of the bar before Ethan could see me in "Gumshoe", yellow for talking with Christina in "Enter Basswood" (let her ramble without interrupting in the cafe) and blue for not interrupting Anna with the drink in the "Broken Home" chapter and hearing her out.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can abuse cloud save to get the trophy for seeing all endings, I think they have to all be seen in the same save slot, or you could erase record of having seen it with loading from the cloud... but I'd love someone to confirm for sure whether this is the case or not. It would make life easier if you could abuse the cloud.

And incase analytical 60% is similarly tempermental, the ending I got it for specifically involved:

Spoiler

Anna alive, refused to be bribed and went public with the story, was rude to the cop and told her she'd be punished, told Anna I'd publish the story and basically made clear I valued the truth getting out over all consequences.

Edited by KhajiitWerewolf
Found a way to get the trophy after posting

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but just thought I'd clear a few things up for anyone else wondering about the details.

In order to get all four endings, you just need to repeat the last three chapters (starting from the point you choose between Sam's analytical or social mind). Then you either have to save or allow Anna to die each time (the following scenes change depending on the previous choice). After I finished the game the first time, I copied my save into a separate slot (under Options) and restarted the Nightfall chapter from there, just to be safe. There's no need for cloud/USB saves. 

The 60% social/analytical trophies are a bit of misnomer. There are 7 major decisions that factor into this, and when I played the first time, I had 3 blue (analytical) choices and 4 yellow (social). I restarted the game from the last blue choice I made and selected yellow instead, but it still wasn't enough to earn me the trophy. It was only when I went back to the point where I made my second blue decision and made the opposite choice, then played through the rest of the game in order to get the 60% social (unlocks at end credits). For the 60% analytical, I had to backtrack to the second major decision point (Downtown Basswood chapter) and choose all blue from there. So while you don't have to complete another full playthrough (you can skip the first few chapters), you're still playing through a majority of the game again, which should only take about 4 hours. But make sure to stick with 6 out of 7 of either analytical or social choices if you want to avoid additional partial playthroughs.

As for the game itself, I thought it was a solid effort. A lot of the choices didn't seem to affect much of the narrative (besides the last couple of chapters), and it didn't have the same emotional impact as the Life is Strange games, but I thought the Mind Palace sequences were well done and the visuals were pretty unique. However, there's something about it that feels simple and bare-bones, like they could have done more with the idea if they weren't limited by size and scope (likely scaled back by the budget). It's definitely worth a look though, especially if you enjoy interactive dramas.

Edited by bud-arc

• 1 year later...

WARNING: Do not choose a prior chapter after finishing the game without backing up your save. It will overwrite the saves and you can't go back to subsequent chapters. I made the mistake of going back to an early chapter, and I no longer had access to the other chapters in the game to quickly clean up the endings.