Vita Playstation Store errors?

merciful84

Ugh, just went to download a game from PS+ from a while back and got greeted with an error code. Then came here and saw this, so I'm kind of glad it's not just me, but I really hope this gets resolved quickly. I might have the game I was trying to get already downloaded and stored on my laptop though...will have to check...

*Edit* Turned out I didn't have the game stored on my PC, so then my partner suggested I download it on my PS3 and then transfer it to my Vita using Content Manager. Well the game downloaded fine to PS3, but I get an error when attempting to do the transfer :facepalm: So can't even do it that way :(

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

Just checked and yep, same for me. Never seen that happen before.

I can't even download a game that I search for manually, when I click the "DOWNLOAD" button, then the error appears.

Vita is literally unable to download any software you bought from the store right now...

[edit] Apparently same issue happens with PS3 too (not checked though) Great work Sony!

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They ran a story on this but not on the previous errors? Like when it was impossible to download first-party games, or the even older download queue issues?

Idiots.

Ok, in fairness to Kotaku, reporting on every technical issue of a console is not something they should be expected to do, and for good reason. It’s not the most entertaining premise to begin with, and not every error constitutes “news”.

28 minutes ago, PFinchen said:

Ok, in fairness to Kotaku, reporting on every technical issue of a console is not something they should be expected to do, and for good reason. It’s not the most entertaining premise to begin with, and not every error constitutes “news”.

The last issues with the queue started on August 2019 and "ended" when they shut down the old Store website though.

I can’t believe they still haven’t fixed this, but we all know how sony feels about the Vita.

i have quite a lot of chunky RPGs in my digital library which I can only download a few of at once because my memory card is only 16GB. I’ll be really disappointed if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

Edited by iTsEmilyXD

I was going to say I'll try downloading from the browser, and then realized that it's not possible anymore. I mean, it's not even possible to download all my PS4 games (if delisted) as they capped the number in the download list. Maybe through the old store loophole, if it still works...

Thinking ahead with worry. Is there a safe and legal way to download my purchased Vita library on a card that isn’t one of Sony’s impossible to find memory cards? Is SD2Vita safe and legal? Will I still be able to build my trophy profile if using it?

I have had a Vita for 8 years and have only completed 25% of my purchased library so I will need access to them for years to come!!

No abuse please. I literally have no knowledge of anything like this.

This is a devastating state of affairs. Why hasn't Sony said anything about it yet? Things like these shouldn't happen.

If it's unintentional: Fix it, Sony!

If it's intentional: Completely inexcusable and infuriating since these are things we've paid money for. If only the PlayStation HQ hadn't moved from Japan to California we'd have seen a lot more respect for the heritage of gaming and not just greedy focus on the latest stuff. This is stressing me out and I hope there'll be a permanent fix and official promise by Sony that they will never shut down these services (wishful thinking maybe but that's what we deserve for being loyal fans/customers).

Edited by Cosmokeeper
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, rangers_lead5278 said:

Thinking ahead with worry. Is there a safe and legal way to download my purchased Vita library on a card that isn’t one of Sony’s impossible to find memory cards? Is SD2Vita safe and legal? Will I still be able to build my trophy profile if using it?

I have had a Vita for 8 years and have only completed 25% of my purchased library so I will need access to them for years to come!!

There isn't, you need to do a kind of jailbreak in order to use SD cards. Not worth it I'd say.

And I'm with you with the backlog. I can't believe it's intentional, especially without warning.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, visighost said:

I can't believe it's intentional, especially without warning.

Wait... is it intentional? If it is, I'm NEVER buying a PS5. It's getting to the point where I wish the PS5 would be a financial failure.

I'm sorry, I'm just very upset right now. I lost a lot of respect for Sony for the time being.

EDIT: I found a workaround for North American Vita users here: 

Still, Sony had better fix the Vita store soon...

Edited by ElevExplorer64
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

Wait... is it intentional? If it is, I'm NEVER buying a PS5. It's getting to the point where I wish the PS5 would be a financial failure.

I'm sorry, I'm just very upset right now. I lost a lot of respect for Sony for the time being.

I've been a lost of respect for Sony this year. They remind me of Microsoft before the launch of the Xbox One, now ironically Microsoft seem to be all humble and down to Earth with the Series X/S release. It's really disappointing, but it's not the first time they've been like this, it was also the case during the late PS2 era/early PS3. I only hope the current Sony isn't permanent, but with how well the PS5 has been selling, I don't see their money grubbing arrogant asses changing any time soon.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's been a similar issue like this with the Vita before, few years back, don't remember exactly when though. There's been a number of weird issues this year with PSN in general, not being able to deactivate consoles on the website, cloud saves across all consoles not showing their images for a few weeks, new games not being added to your profile on PS4, etc.

Hopefully this one will eventually also be fixed, assuming it is unintentional. I'd like to think even current Sony wouldn't be that malicious. And as far as I can tell, PS3 downloads are still working fine, wouldn't make sense for them to just kill off the Vita. There was a system update released for the PS3 today as well, apparently to allow it to play newer blu-ray movies.

If anyone hasn't done so already, I recommend trying to make Sony aware of this (via Twitter or whatever means there are of contacting them) as they're unlikely to do anything otherwise. It took quite a few people reporting about the previous issues to finally make them do something about them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PFinchen said:

Yeah, but the errors in the Vita store have been consistent for months, if not years. Cross-buy titles that are discounted on PS4 are often not discounted on the Vita. Searching for games has been a exercise in futility for at least as long as I can remember.