Level 29 is impossible after the patch, is there a solution?

CloudXvitaHD

• 2 months later...

No one has chatted in this for a while but I thought this was a good tip to try and practice the level :)

In single player you can use the cheats to give you all the weapons and ammo and then you don't need to go through the other levels each time you want to practice. Doing this you only end up with slightly more ammo than you would doing the prior levels so you're not that much better off than in co-op. 

It's been a while since I played and if memory serves the cheats don't give you super armour or health so you need to do a quick run through of spirit world to get those (you can turn on invincibility for this then turn back off in 29) then when in Map 29 add all the weapons and make a save.

Single player gives you a bigger screen also so you can work out the movements a little better.

Hope this helps someone give it a go! ?

• 4 weeks later...

I played enough of this game to know most of the levels fairly well. There are good Youtube videos on tackling Nightmare Co-Op on your own but they were made before updates 1.04 - 1.07. 

I can activate a trial for Charles, grab the link for version 1.03, set up my proxy, turn off firewall and leave DOOM 2 on that version until I finish the levels I have left. Unfortunately the game is going to force you to update to the latest version so every time you start the game you’re going to have to go to your downloads list and pause the update. Turning off internet access on your PS4 will help significantly.

It’s still very difficult, but doing it this way doesn’t make it literally impossible like it does on version 1.07 - 1.08.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

so I've done everything except the nightmare run, I started it today with a friend who has the non patched version on his ps4 and daaaaaaamn the fuck this is tough o.O I'm glad that he is a very good partner for this task but this is seriously hard as nails. Hope I get this done ^^ 

1 hour ago, DavySuicide said:

so I've done everything except the nightmare run, I started it today with a friend who has the non patched version on his ps4 and daaaaaaamn the fuck this is tough o.O I'm glad that he is a very good partner for this task but this is seriously hard as nails. Hope I get this done ^^ 

Good luck dude!! :D

Finally got the level done ? after a few days and v1.3 is the way to go, but still extremely difficult (an easy 20 hours commitment for one level, and still some heavy RNG due to the respawning timers).

The penultimate room with the three switches is the hardest bit and being near the end makes it frustrating to get to and practise. I saved the recording so should have a video once trimmed and uploaded.

On 27/08/2021 at 8:05 PM, F1rstinFlight said:

The universal consensus seems to be that Nightmare in Doom 2 is nearly impossible with the 1.07-1.08 patches. Why did they think this was a good idea?

Unfortunately, they patched it to match the original Nightmare difficulty on PC, so it was really a bug that the movement and projectile speeds were halved in the first place. I think patching to correct this would have been fine and all - given a keyboard, mouse and proper weapon switching! Obviously, the trophy requirements that Bethesda set have remained the same.

6 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Currently on Level 11 man this is serious shit. So glad I am playing this in coop it really helps to have someone with you.

Sadly, co-op doesn't help much on MAP29, but it does help draw fire away from the main player which can make a couple of bits including the last run doable if you get lucky. Having to continually do the preparation run on MAP28 gets rather frustrating.

• 9 months later...

Hello Guys, I'm trying level 29 but unfortunately my game crashes at random time after begining...

Last time the game crashes with a message "Something went wrong with this game or app." when the last thing we had to do was reach the end...

It's occuring to anyone else ? THIS made it impossible to me :(

On 28/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, Leonkiller-7 said:

Hello Guys, I'm trying level 29 but unfortunately my game crashes at random time after begining...

Last time the game crashes with a message "Something went wrong with this game or app." when the last thing we had to do was reach the end...

It's occuring to anyone else ? THIS made it impossible to me :(

That happens if you die too many times and keep repeating the level. Eventually the game crashes for some reason on ps4

• 4 months later...

I managed to complete map 29 a few months ago on the most recent patch, my partner and I ended up having to do it twice, so we'd both get the platinum. It's not impossible but it does require a significant degree of luck to be successful. Here's my run of map 29, I hope it helps people working toward clearing this. Keep in mind I also did map 27 & 28 beforehand, because it's essentially impossible to complete map 29 by just diving straight in due to a lack of ammo.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 21/11/2022 at 0:23 PM, SlimSanta94 said:

I managed to complete map 29 a few months ago on the most recent patch, my partner and I ended up having to do it twice, so we'd both get the platinum. It's not impossible but it does require a significant degree of luck to be successful. Here's my run of map 29, I hope it helps people working toward clearing this. Keep in mind I also did map 27 & 28 beforehand, because it's essentially impossible to complete map 29 by just diving straight in due to a lack of ammo.

You and your partner? Everybody knowns there's just the Doomguy. Scrub!

• 3 months later...