Do Not Play This! (If you don't enjoy solitare)

Playzocker1988

just a quick heads up ... whoever came up with the idea of the solitaire inclusion deserves everything geroge carlin talks about in one of his most famous bits.

this is a 40 minute playtinum, alright ... only problem is im fighting against the random solitaire crap for 3 hours now without any idea and/or chance to ever bring up the patience to sith this through. this is annoying beyond belief.

if youre good at solitaire you might try this out ... but dont do that if youre new to this...

• Like 3

It also took me a while. Read the rules for Solitaire and then watch a youtube vid of someone actually playing (I watched a play through of this part of the game) Watching Solitaire being played helps you see the pattern, at least it did for me. 

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni

6 hours ago, Desmuria said:

I've played and platinumed Telling Lies.

I found the Solitaire trophy really easy. I'll probably show my age and say that I used to love playing this back in the day:

windows-solitaire-30.png

If you've never played a game of Solitaire before, I can understand your frustrations, especially since this version has a King card missing.

Don't be disheartened. You can do it!

That running lion is cool.

Edited by Swithop
  • Like 1

just a bit more info ... i have never played solitaire before in my life ... this made it incredibly frustrating to have to learn the rules of the game just for this. this sort of card games just isnt for me.

also ... one VERY IMPORTANT addition because some trophy guides leave that bit out:

as soon as you have the chance to upload DO SO!

you can continue where you left off and mop up the rest but if you complete all 169 videos and then upload, it will lock you out of the 170th

... another thing i had to learn the hard way

how this game got such a high completion is beyond me, i was close to throwing in the towel multiple times. this is the worst platinum i did in a while ... and i did 20 yesterday and over 10 today alone. but this was simply not enjoyable at all for me

this "40 minute platinum" as its sometimes labeled (and which is the reason why i played this in the first place) took me around 6 hours of agony and frustration.

Interesting ... thats the same guide i used.

But following this one had me stuck on 169 videos after the first playthrouh, then i read on here about the fact that you have to upload an incomplete set of videos to get access to the 170th video ... which is what i now did in a 2nd playthrough

AND STILL I ONLY HAVE 169 VIDEOS at the end of the game, not unlocking the full upload trophy. I am 100% cwrtain i enteed all the 84 words and clicked on every single video that popped up (even the multiple entried under the same video)

This is killing me ... please ... ANY hint is much appreciated.

EDIT please forget about it ... i found another unwatched video under the search term BRAVERY.

Still ... i enjoy playing easy games, fmv games, i like going for platinums and still i dont mind playing good games without regards to trophies. But of the almost 900 games i played this is one of the worst for me of the entire ps4 era.

Edited by Playzocker1988

1 minute ago, yowzagabowza said:

Who the fuck hasn't played Solitaire before? If that's the issue, YOU'RE the problem, not the game. 

Also, Playzrocker, you said you've done 30 platinums in two days and only played this because of the 40 minute plat time. That explains a lot about your gaming habits, I guess.

Maybe it dows. Yes i play cheap shovelware only for trophies. Yes i play different stacks of the same game just to get even more trophies. I like being high up on the leaderboard.

But still, you dont need to worry about me ... i also like to play good games and sometimes even not just for the trophies. But the last sales on the psn had so many cheap and easy games in them, i couldnt resist. And this was one of them. One that could have been good like erica, the bunker, the complex or ... any other game, really. Just was just boring and frustrating.

On 02/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, Playzocker1988 said:

EDIT please forget about it ... i found another unwatched video under the search term BRAVERY.

Um, that's not even one of the searchable words on the list on the guide. Are you sure you followed it correctly? That may explain the frustration you had with it.

On 02/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Who the fuck hasn't played Solitaire before? If that's the issue, YOU'RE the problem, not the game. 

Your guess is as good as mine. I had to teach someone how to play Nine Men's Morris for the Original Gamer trophy in Assassin's Creed III. I genuinely thought that people would've played it (or a variation of it) at least once in their life, but apparently I'm mistaken.

On 04/12/2020 at 0:02 AM, esstee11 said:

Not true mate, there are no flaws in my guide.

Thank you for your guide. When I used it, I didn't have any issues. I appreciate the effort you put into that.

On 04/12/2020 at 0:02 AM, esstee11 said:

Dont be put off people by this silly thread. You'd be missing out on a good and interesting game. Sorry Zocker but it is unfair scaremongering.

Can't agree more with this. The game is fantastic and I really enjoyed it. Even if you've never played Solitaire before, it's a really simple card game and can be learned quickly.

The game can be completed in 40-60 minutes, but I implore you to take your time and actually enjoy it. It's worth it, I promise.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, Playzocker1988 said:

Maybe it dows. Yes i play cheap shovelware only for trophies. Yes i play different stacks of the same game just to get even more trophies. I like being high up on the leaderboard.

But still, you dont need to worry about me ... i also like to play good games and sometimes even not just for the trophies. But the last sales on the psn had so many cheap and easy games in them, i couldnt resist. And this was one of them. One that could have been good like erica, the bunker, the complex or ... any other game, really. Just was just boring and frustrating.

Anyone who invests simply on multiple platinums, for the same game, in different regions, is a loser, sorry. You're over here complaining about a +60% platinum percentage, that's rough dude. I've not played this game, but it seems that even the 'top of the leaderboard' players clearly don't have any talent, just endless wallets to shovel into the same trash 4-5 times. How the fuck do you not get bored playing the same useless game over and over? Just wondering as someone who is actually legit and only has NA.

• Like 4

On 12/2/2020 at 0:43 PM, Desmuria said:

I've played and platinumed Telling Lies.

I found the Solitaire trophy really easy. I'll probably show my age and say that I used to love playing this back in the day:

windows-solitaire-30.png

If you've never played a game of Solitaire before, I can understand your frustrations, especially since this version has a King card missing.

Don't be disheartened. You can do it!

To be honest. I thought solitaire was a game that was universally known on how to play it. I didnt realise the next generation of kids hated it so much, hah. I'm not exactly old (25), but I did grow up in a house hold with outdated technology, so I've play my fair share of solitaire too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, Playzocker1988 said:

how this game got such a high completion is beyond me, i was close to throwing in the towel multiple times. this is the worst platinum i did in a while ... and i did 20 yesterday and over 10 today alone. but this was simply not enjoyable at all for me

So you actually enjoy all the garbage you play just for the platinum? Wow....that's pathetic.

Being high on the leaderboard for some time already is actually something to be ashamed of. Getting 100% in RDR for example is more worth than 100 of your platinums.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KrzysMC90 said:

So you actually enjoy all the garbage you play just for the platinum? Wow....that's pathetic.

Being high on the leaderboard for some time already is actually something to be ashamed of. Getting 100% in RDR for example is more worth than 100 of your platinums.

Hey, let's not tear each other down and gatekeep how others get their enjoyment from trophy hunting.

That being said, don't let OP's frustrations with solitaire scare anyone away from playing this otherwise interesting, well made game. Her Story is brilliant too and I really hope it gets a console release one of these days. OP would probably be ripping their hair out trying to get those Yakuza card game and mahjong trophies just like I was. But I'm still glad I did it.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

I have no clue what I’m doing or even how to play this card game! I watched videos more confused now!! I just spent 1 day on this trophy yes one day I will delete this game after 1 more try this weekend! What a crappy trophy indeed !!

Edited by Titanomachy_75