Still viable for new/solo players??

Hi all, with RS Siege coming to PS5 I was wondering if I should pick it up and looking for some buyer advice.

I have the game on PS4 but only played a couple of rounds of terrorist hunt, never played the multiplayer.

I've always liked the look of the game but always been put off by the fact that;

a) I predominantly play solo and this looks like a game where teamwork is essential and

b ) I worry I have left it too long now and I will be just be stomped by a load of players that have played millions of hours.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are? Thanks :) 

I’d say that the online PvP side of the game is very skill based especially when you take into account the need to learn your preferred operators in all situations and the map layouts.

On PS4 the game used to have a separate section for newcomers to battle it out with each other before jumping into ranked with the experts I’m not sure if that feature still exists. 

I guess it’s all going to depend on like yourself how many new players pick up the ps5 version having not played before. If there is a large community of newcomers you will be able to learn together. If your forced to jump in with the experts from the off it will taint your experience and enjoyment of the game for sure.

The game has had a massive amount of support and updates. I played on it in the early days and more recently both on PS4 and it was certainly more challenging than around release time but still very playable and enjoyable once you learn the basics as with any game.

The training ground side of the game is immensely fun with friends on the hardest settings and will offer good experience of the operators and map layouts in co-op or single player if online is too challenging at the start.

Great game 8/10 from me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 10:26 PM, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Send me a friend request and I’ll give you some tips on how to play. The game is viable for new players but it will be difficult. You probably won’t enjoy your first few hours because the learning curve is so steep, but if you can get into the game it’s great

100% agree. And in general, the community is especially toxic in casual and unranked game modes... I love the game, I'm level 329 or something like that, so yeah, I've invested a lot of time into it. You can be successful in a solo que for ranked but as dwight states, there is a learning curve and it can be especially frustrating for new players, especially if you're used to call of duty type gameplay or even battlefield.. siege is different from both and it relies on good communication and team mates actually complementing each other. Everyone has a role to play and you need several pieces to be successful in strategy.. That's the reason I love this game so much.. In the higher ranks, you will see that plat ranks will use peripherals like mouse and keyboard and scuf controllers for advantages.. So, be wary of that.. But in general, the game is imho the best shooter out there.. its deliberate and makes you think before acting, but the best tip I can give you is to not hesitate in making decisions.. This is the number one thing that prevents most people from being successful in the game.. Its ALL about timing, angles, call-outs, sensitivity and map knowledge.. Once you get the hang of it, it all comes naturally and you'll be able to put it down for a few weeks and pick it back up and still be relatively good at it once it all clicks.. add me and we can play together and I can show you exactly what I'm talking about.. It's truly an amazing game that is meant to be played with friends, but I do solo que in ranked ALL the time EVERY season so playing solo is actually extremely viable, as well. Just make sure to communicate with the team and stay calm.. It's a tense game that can get your heart beat racing and adrenaline pumping but it's all about keeping your cool and knowing how to react in a given situation..

• Like 1