No Platinum?? It's insane

BadAssMarine13

From what I've heard it's not the devs but Sony. A game needs a certain amount of trophy points and/or a combination of silver and gold trophies in order to be eligible for a Platinum. The base game doesn't have gold trophies and is only worth 315 points. It's likely that this is below the Platinum mark. Doesn't make sense but it is what it is, I'm afraid.

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 2

Yeah, it's stupid. They should just release the entire game at once and have a Platinum. I've bailed on the Hitman series because of this bullshit. I loved Hitman: Absolution because it actually had a story but now it's just separate missions and it gets pretty damn boring.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

From what I've heard it's not the devs but Sony. A game needs a certain amount of trophy points and/or a combination of silver and gold trophies in order to be eligible for a Platinum. The base game doesn't have gold trophies and is only worth 315 points. It's likely that this is below the Platinum mark. Doesn't make sense but it is what it is, I'm afraid.

Jeez I didn't even know that Sony actually grades games on whether they're Plat-worthy or not, its kinda ridiculous in all honesty

28 minutes ago, ArcMoogle said:

Obviously I'd prefer a platinum, but these games are so unbelievably good I actually don't mind too much.

Quite underrated i find tbh

28 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

well the first was episodic, so the trophies came out when the episodes did, as for h2 who the fuck knows what happened

They probably just copied the trophy system from the first game and thought 'screw it, we don't really need a Plat'

I'm hoping with hitman 3 it may finally give a plat (probably not but who knows) because it's to include season 1 and 2 on top of 3s new content to be the complete story for this hitman saga my thought process is hitman season 1 and 2 where set in an episodic format but so was the whole saga ending with 3 so maybe since it'll finally be complete it'll get a plat?

32 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Yeah, it's stupid. They should just release the entire game at once and have a Platinum. I've bailed on the Hitman series because of this bullshit. I loved Hitman: Absolution because it actually had a story but now it's just separate missions and it gets pretty damn boring.

But lots of episodic games have platinums. I mean that is 99% of tell tale games

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But lots of episodic games have platinums. I mean that is 99% of tell tale games

Well yes but the Telltale game episodes are at least all part of one continuous story. They're able to have a platinum because they don't present their games as a base game and then a million different episodes being released as DLC. From what I recall, Hitman are just a series of missions that don't really have a whole lot to do with each other (at least not in any great meaningful way), it's just "let's slap you into this map and have you kill this person". As others have said, they can't have a platinum because their "base game" doesn't have enough trophies. Most of Hitman's trophies are added as DLCs and it's dumb as fuck tbh.

Who knows at this point the reason. I remember when Katamari Damacy Nobita came out on Vita at launch and it's a 100% list, for a retail game...

And then there are some VR games that have ZERO trophies.

I guess just play Hitman and also buy My name is Mayo, get your platinum fix elsewhere whilst enjoying the Hitman game.

4 hours ago, woggly4 said:

sounds more to me like it's the game developers fault they should and could have put in the required amount of silvers and gold and gamer score into their base game and had a platinum.  that rule is enforced by sony to make sure games aren't handing out a platinum trophy for one or two bronze achievements.  If other 12 and 13 trophy games can have a platinum then hitman should be able to have one.  Either way the hitman games are top notch so who cares.

• Like 2

It's a bummer that such a massive time sync doesn't come with a platinum. Me getting Hitman 3 depends on what they do with the trophies. There's no way I'm 100%ing 3 full games and not getting a Platinum.

On a sidenote, they better patch out their ridiculous online drm before shutting down the servers for Hitman 2.

The game is not even old!

I'm still shocked a small company would dare pull such bullshit.

Ps: I'm still salty after what happened with Absolution!

47 posts!

Edited by Bratinov
adding things

50 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hitman 2 could have a single bronze trophy with a poop emoji as the image and it would still be worth the 300 hours I’ve spent in it.

Don’t get me wrong - I love a platinum as much as we all do here - but plats are ten-a-penny. Truly fantastic games are rare. I’ll take the latter, if I have to choose

Can't argue they're good games, nothing beats Silent Assassin, thought!

Love your usernaname, btw!

Edited by Bratinov
  • Like 1

It was easier to enjoy games before developers started taking such interest in when we play them. Why is it Netflix releases a show and I can binge the show if I so choose, but for some reason I can't "binge" this great-looking game? I kind of want to get Hitman 3, but the whole episodic aspect of it is a big negative. What should it matter to the company whether I "bingewatch" their game? Why does it have to be metered out like this? Actual TV shows have even been moving away from it for years now!

Edited by rdhight

On 03/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, steel6burgh said:

sounds more to me like it's the game developers fault they should and could have put in the required amount of silvers and gold and gamer score into their base game and had a platinum.  that rule is enforced by sony to make sure games aren't handing out a platinum trophy for one or two bronze achievements.  If other 12 and 13 trophy games can have a platinum then hitman should be able to have one.  Either way the hitman games are top notch so who cares.

It's definitely a weird choice for the devs, especially with Hitman 2.

Hitman 1 was released episodically, so they added trophy patches to match - makes sense. Hitman 2 was released like a standard game though, a bunch of levels up front and then a few DLC levels, but they set up the trophy list as if it was released episodically.

I also kinda hate how all the Hitman 1 legacy trophies exist in the list, while some Hitman 2 original content got pushed to the 'Additional Expansions' trophy list. Should've just made a list Hitman 2 + it's DLC, then a Hitman 1 legacy trophy list. Now it makes me want to go play the Hitman 1 levels again just to clean up their messy list, lol.

10 minutes ago, rdhight said:

It was easier to enjoy games before developers started taking such interest in when we play them. Why is it Netflix releases a show and I can binge the show if I so choose, but for some reason I can't "binge" this great-looking game? I kind of want to get Hitman 3, but the whole episodic aspect of it is a big negative. What should it matter to the company whether I "bingewatch" their game? Why does it have to be metered out like this? Actual TV shows have even been moving away from it for years now!

The episodic thing for 1 was mostly on squeenix's part iirc, so when they split & made 2 the whole game's 6 missions were there, and the rest came as dlc, plus they already said 3 wont be episodic either, so thats a non-issue anymore

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/12/2020 at 6:49 PM, TehUberCheezCatz said:

well the first was episodic, so the trophies came out when the episodes did, as for h2 who the fuck knows what happened

Telltale games are also episodic and they have platinuns. The episodic nature of the game has nothing to do with it having or not having a platinum.