Max Payne 3 x Wolfenstein 2

Unless you're extremely lucky, Wolfenstein II will take many more than 6 attempts. I don't have Max Payne 3 platinum but I can tell you from personal experience, Mein Leben is extremely difficult until some time to the game when you can get the mods and their upgrades. Even then, sometimes things don't go according to your plan/strategy and one mistake is all it takes to send you back to the beginning.

There's no time limit to worry about so you can go as slow as you want but getting cocky or not knowing what awaits you behind the next corner is a surefire way to get frustrated, especially since some cutscenes are long and unskippable. Keep at it, though, and you can do it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, l33sar54 said:

Unless you're extremely lucky, Wolfenstein II will take many more than 6 attempts. I don't have Max Payne 3 platinum but I can tell you from personal experience, Mein Leben is extremely difficult until some time to the game when you can get the mods and their upgrades. Even then, sometimes things don't go according to your plan/strategy and one mistake is all it takes to send you back to the beginning.

There's no time limit to worry about so you can go as slow as you want but getting cocky or not knowing what awaits you behind the next corner is a surefire way to get frustrated, especially since some cutscenes are long and unskippable. Keep at it, though, and you can do it.

Yeah, max payne 3 NYM HC was setted on medium i guess, this is on hard right?? Also, how many times did you beat the game before trying it??

2 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

I dont know, i miss the adrenaline that game gave me, i just felt like doing a challenging game these days lol

• Like 1

If you have previous experience with Wolfenstein games, and some tips and help from youtube... I think you'll find this a bit easier than MP3.

However there's a lot of trial and error, and as l33sar54 said the cutscenes repeat just piss you off.

Have you played The New Order or Old Blood? I found those much better 'mechanically' than TNC which had more bs and was too frustrating to finish

• Like 1

Haven't got around to do Mein Leben yet as I don't own PS4 currently, but speaking about Max Payne 3, it's actually not that difficult as people tend to say. Beating NYMHC comes down to knowing enemy placement, painkiller's locations and having a good aim to take down multiple enemies with headshots. Once you have these three things covered, beating NYMHC is just a matter of time and a bit of luck. Mein Leben though, I have the platinum trophy in New Order and Old Blood, and Mein Leben was definitely something different. If you're decent and first-person shooters it should not be that big of a problem, however, the skill gap will be higher than in Max Payne 3. 

Edited by HaserPL
im with stupid
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

If you have previous experience with Wolfenstein games, and some tips and help from youtube... I think you'll find this a bit easier than MP3.

However there's a lot of trial and error, and as l33sar54 said the cutscenes repeat just piss you off.

Have you played The New Order or Old Blood? I found those much better 'mechanically' than TNC which had more bs and was too frustrating to finish

I did play old blood but it does not require you to master the game , so i played on easy pretty much, i would say i am newbie on wolfenstein and decent at fps games

12 hours ago, bdias10 said:

I did play old blood but it does not require you to master the game , so i played on easy pretty much, i would say i am newbie on wolfenstein and decent at fps games

I did TOB and TNO on the hardest diff (I don't know anymore if it is Mein Leben or Death incarnate or Hurt me plenty or such) and while challenging if you are decent as you say and willing to learn a bit and try it shouldn't be an issue. Do note that I dropped TNC because I found the controls and 'feel' of the game both worse and 'janky-ier' than the two that came before.

MP3 I would most definitely consider a better game but a bit more skill dependent and with multiplayer trophies if I remember correctly which would make it far harder than TNC.

Also, after that I've tried Youngblood and... well let's just say I am done with TMG's Wolfenstein games for the next 5 years since they have consistently made them worse.

4 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

As someone who actually did both and Wolfenstein just three weeks ago, I would say they are pretty equal.

It took me 15 tries for Max Payne (I died 4 times at the endboss though because I was too stressed probably), 12 tries for the first Wolfenstein 2 Stack and another 4 tries on the same day that Ive beaten the first stack for the second Wolfenstein 2 Stack. So I did Mein Leben two times on one day.

Wolfenstein is on the highest difficulty and Max Payne is on Medium. So you would assume that Wolfenstein is harder. But to be honest in Wolfenstein you can simply skip like 60% of the actual combat by simply running past enemies and trigger their despawns, stealth past them or skip entire areas and levels with out of map glitches. All of this is impossible in Max Payne.

And in the situations where you need to fight, the combat is piss easy most of the time, if you know a good spot to camp and let them run at you. The AI in Wolfenstein 2 is really really dumb ( I believe they actually made them worse with a patch to make the game easier).

There are only 3 spots that I consider problematic: The Panzerhound Ride if youre unlucky (shouldnt be a problem though usually), the very first Venus part if the dog doesnt spawn where it should so you cant kill it and it might catch you while running past everyone and finally the part with the two commanders right before the endbossfight. Other than that its pretty easy to get through the game after two or three training runs. I recommand to watch a video guide with all the gltiches and tactics while playing it and try to do the same as the video two or three times. Make saves at spots you find problematic to train them sepcifically. 

And something else: Enemies on highest difficulty only deal more damage, but they still die as fast as on easy. So dont be afraid of fighting if you mess up a stealth passage. The weapons you have in this game are strong as fuck. Just make sure to know the levels so you have a good spot to camp.

Its really not that bad. From the 14 failures of both stacks combined, I died like 6 times because I jumped wrong in an out of map glitch ( pretty embarrasing right? :D). So actual deaths in combat where like 8 or so for beating it two times. 

TOB and TNO had a higher difficulty than IADIC which is called Über. And in general there is big difference between TNC and those two games: The enemies on higher difficlties in the first two games take more damage. In TNC they die as fast as on easy. Which is something I really like. I hate bulletsponge enemies. In TNC you can kill Heavy enemies super quick with the Assault Rifle and its upgrades. In TNO on Über you need to shoot them very long. So you need to play much more defensive in these games.

Awesome feedback man, appreciate that a lot!! I am more encouraged to try now, maybe next month haha

3 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Max Payne 3 plat is the little brother of Wolfenstein II plat imo.

Nevertheless, I believe that if you can do one, you can do the other one as well.

I did Max Payne 3 on my first attempt, whereas for Wolfenstein it took me 50 or so.

Wolfenstein enemies are just brutal and one slight mistake can result in death.

The amount of randomness included is the worst and that is imo the most annoying thing about Wolfenstein.

You can do it though and I recommend everyone to go for the plat.

It will be one of your most satisfying gaming moments ever upon completion of this notorious challenge :).

Fuck yeah man, that is exactly what i was thinking, i did max payne eight years ago and i never forgot the sensation of destroying that plane and seeing shadows rushed me trophy popping on my screen, i was so happy and excited, that game is still my favorite of all time to this day!!! Wolfenstein looks so dope, i loved the gameplay videos, i really might go for it, thanks a lot for all of you encouraging me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bdias10 said:

Awesome feedback man, appreciate that a lot!! I am more encouraged to try now, maybe next month haha

Fuck yeah man, that is exactly what i was thinking, i did max payne eight years ago and i never forgot the sensation of destroying that plane and seeing shadows rushed me trophy popping on my screen, i was so happy and excited, that game is still my favorite of all time to this day!!! Wolfenstein looks so dope, i loved the gameplay videos, i really might go for it, thanks a lot for all of you encouraging me

Awesome, keep us updated and in case you need any advice just write a message :) 

On 12/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Why are you commenting on which one is harder if you haven’t completed NYMHC or Mein Leben? It doesn’t seem like you’d be the most qualified person to be giving input on this thread...

As others already mentioned both game modes are very similar to each other Max Payne 3 difficulty is medium (Checkpoints disabled+Timed) and Mein Leben difficultly is on I’m death incarnate! (Checkpoints disabled+Higher damage) and the little good news is that you can take your time.

However in Wolfenstein 2 you can stealth a lot of parts if you master it well so make different saves in the spots that you had most trouble with on I’m death incarnate! But remember on Mein Leben same rules goes there is no room for error if you don’t have a backup plan you will die cause the enemies will kill you quickly. So again an absolute knowledge of the whole game and persistence is very important!! And also don’t stress keep your nerves in check cause I have messed up one time in the end boss just because I freaked out when I saw my health drained to 5 HP and died imao...so don’t do same mistake and last but not least get ready to die a lot before making it to the end.

It took me 30+ attempts and I think the first half of the game was the hardest for me not to mention all the random deaths. The most embarrassing fails are when I make it far in the previous attempts and suddenly I die in the first level ?
Good luck!

Edited by FearlessElle
  • Like 3

They are really the same on paper but every game has his ups and downs. in Wolfenstein 2 you have all the time in the world to complete the game and you need to be flawless unlike in Max Payne 3 that you are on a speedrun. 

I agree with Jasko_SOA, if you can beat one of them (and you did with MP3) then you can absolutely do it in Wolf2.

In MP3 you get a little room for mistakes, but it's a whole different story for Wolf2, the AI are very intelligent and really powerful, and whenever you set up an alarms it's gonna be a nightmare because they will start to deploy the Supersoldiers and then things can go really messy, so stick to the stealthy approach and practice the combat checkpoints. the first half of the game is very stressing, but after that everything is gonna be a lot easier.

Edited by mataningo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Guys, i want to thank everyone of you that took the time to encourage me, and i decided to go for this colossus of a platinum, i am just finishing F1 2020 which is really easy and in a couple of days i will start, i started to watch tons of videos and i wanted to ask you all which parts are the ones i MUST train a looot of times, the COURTROOM, FINAL LEVEL and VENUS AND NEW ORLEANS from what i saw in the videos where easily where the guys struggled at most. A lot of you said there is no space for mistakes, but correct me if i am wrong, but i havent see a single video where the guy didnt fuck up once and almost died at least 2 to 3 times. It gave me anxiety just to watch the health bar on 30 to 40 with 0 armor and 2 enemies shooting at them. Also there is a part on venus there is really luck based isnt? One that you go under a certain of a rolling machine and you have no cover the entire section and there are enemies shooting crazy at you. I saw a skip right before it. Which skips are saffer to do and which ones are really risk? Some of these glitches look very hard and risky to do. Sorry for to many questions, i am really crazy about this game, want to know everything before going for it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Guys, i want to thank everyone of you that took the time to encourage me, and i decided to go for this colossus of a platinum, i am just finishing F1 2020 which is really easy and in a couple of days i will start, i started to watch tons of videos and i wanted to ask you all which parts are the ones i MUST train a looot of times, the COURTROOM, FINAL LEVEL and VENUS AND NEW ORLEANS from what i saw in the videos where easily where the guys struggled at most. A lot of you said there is no space for mistakes, but correct me if i am wrong, but i havent see a single video where the guy didnt fuck up once and almost died at least 2 to 3 times. It gave me anxiety just to watch the health bar on 30 to 40 with 0 armor and 2 enemies shooting at them. Also there is a part on venus there is really luck based isnt? One that you go under a certain of a rolling machine and you have no cover the entire section and there are enemies shooting crazy at you. I saw a skip right before it. Which skips are saffer to do and which ones are really risk? Some of these glitches look very hard and risky to do. Sorry for to many questions, i am really crazy about this game, want to know everything before going for it

1) You named the right levels/parts that you have to practice a lot. Unfortunately I cannot remember which parts were included in New Orleans, but I would suggest the Panzerhund ride section more than any other level. I found this even harder than the courtroom or anything else. Also after that nazi firefighter guy you will come into an area through a tunnel, I believe it was that train ride and everything after it. 

I hade huge problems there at first, especially when that Zitadelle spawns towards the end, so you might want to consider that part as well.

2) Do you mean the conveyer belt? That part is not too bad imo, just try to not miss a lot of enemies when shooting at them. I had more health & armor than most people on youtube that did the glitch to kind of skip it. 
Generally speaking, skipping is not worth the time in this game, apart from the Section F revisited skip.

Just finished this game not long ago and can confidently say that Wolfenstein is harder. Theres two reasons for this the main one is that Mein leben is set to the hardest difficulty the game has to offer while NYMHC is set to medium which by the time you go for it on like your 5th 6th playthrough is a joke. Also the enemies are way more random and unpredictable on Wolfenstein everything can go south in a matter of seconds if you do a mistake and if you die in this game, well you're dead, theres none of that BS that if you have a painkiller and they kill you, you have the chance to comeback to life if you kill somebody like in MP3. So this are key factors that difference the two besides obvious ones like this being a FPS and MP3 a 3rd person shooter but anyway

Did the entirety of Wolfenstein without any of those weird glitches for skips I just didin't know how to do them so I didn't care for them and I guess that makes a difference in terms of difficulty for some reason but either way

Remember doing NYMHC on my 2nd try (first one died at the end boss) while Wolfensein 2 I honestly stop counting after my 10th failed attempt but I got it sooner after that most have took me like 13 to 20 tries at most and I think that speaks volumes when it come to difficulty between the two

All of this atempts were ended either on the very last level, the panzerhund section or the courtroom, there was no in between so practice this levels the most especially the last one I died like 5 times on that one including 1 where the very last regular shotgun enemie 1 shot me after I killed the 2 Zerstorers which will forever go down as one of the most infuriating moment while hunting 

Still we have things to prove to ourselves so the most important thing is to not give up. If you wanna have a big dick platinum you better come packing

This kind of plats more than skill they take knowledge on the game, patience and determination above everything else so as long as you have that you're going to be good 

• Like 3

Wolfenstein 2 platinum me costó más de 10 intentos. debes aprender todo sobre las diferentes etapas del recorrido y perfeccionar tus movimientos para lograrlo en pocos intentos. Me alegra leer que has progresado. pronto obtendrás platino. en cuanto a las fases en las que más debes entrenar. eso depende de tu experiencia. deberías ver tus mejores estrategias y entrenarlas.

Edited by Strelok_CH

• 3 months later...

God Mein Leben is brutal, max payne 3 is a joke next to this, i am on my first run on IADI and i died at least 40 times already, just got it to the courthouse. So fat that elevator section and the oberkommand level gave me the most trouble, it is doable but i cant see myself completing this with at least 2 more full runs on this difficulty and training the hard sections. Also the ramdomness on this game is utterly BS, stealth can screw so many runs, so this will be really really hard for me

On 22/04/2021 at 4:12 AM, bdias10 said:

God Mein Leben is brutal, max payne 3 is a joke next to this, i am on my first run on IADI and i died at least 40 times already, just got it to the courthouse. So fat that elevator section and the oberkommand level gave me the most trouble, it is doable but i cant see myself completing this with at least 2 more full runs on this difficulty and training the hard sections. Also the ramdomness on this game is utterly BS, stealth can screw so many runs, so this will be really really hard for me

Just take this game slow and use the Lean mechanic constantly. Plenty of ML runthroughs on yt that you have access to that makes your life easier. Hide behind the bench in courthouse and run upstairs once 2 panzers are killed. There is a vid that shows this strat.