How to earn the double platinum

Chaos_Bladez

6 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Hey everyone. I've been playing this game on my PS5 but I've also been double dipping with the PS4 version to double my trophies. The game currently doesn't auto pop them (like ACV in its most recent patch), but there is an easy way around this.

Just know going in that this game has multiple auto saves with time stamps (pay attention to those times) and lets the player upload four saves to the Ubisoft cloud. 

Play the game as you would on PS5 and have the PS4 version installed, too. Play the PS5 version until you get a trophy. When that happens, check the auto saves and the times. Find the one a few minutes before you got the trophy. Upload that save using the "Send Online" option in the PS5 version. Switch over to the PS4 version and download that save by going to the "Load from Online" option on the menu of the PS4 version. Now load into it and just trigger the last thing to get that trophy. This is good for trophies like knocking down 100 trees or doing 25 vaults as you likely won't know when you'll get that last trophy-triggering one.

You can also use manual saves to do the same thing but this takes more planning. This is easier for trophies you know you're going to get like getting upgrades and wrapping up story arcs (thankfully, each story arc is something you trigger at the Hall of the Gods so you can warp there, save, and then have to do very little to unlock it in the PS4 version). Just make a manual save before you unlock a trophy on the PS5 version, upload it, trigger it on PS5, and then load it up on PS4.

It sounds tedious but it is not that bad. Let me know if you have any questions!

PS: Make sure to make some manual backups too. It will sometimes not upload the save.

Did you say assassin's creed valhalla autopops all trophies after latest patch? Or did I read that wrong

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Has anyone tested if any trophies will simply auto pop using the cloud saves? Afaik WD and AC pop some when going from PS4 to PS5 versions. Thanks for the info, it's nice to be able to play the PS5 version first.

I have and they don't auto pop.  

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Did you say assassin's creed valhalla autopops all trophies after latest patch? Or did I read that wrong

I did! The last patch auto popped all but a small handful of trophies I got in the PS4 version. Thankfully I had hard saves for those story chapters so I'm all even now. 

2 hours ago, hore said:

thank you for this. now, if only someone would find a sound strategy to do this with AC/WD...

I haven't played WDL yet. Would a similar method work? I did somewhat the same method for ACV for the trophies that didn't auto pop. I'd load up the old save, wait for it to sync, and then go back to the PS5 to unlock it. 

11 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

I haven't played WDL yet. Would a similar method work? I did somewhat the same method for ACV for the trophies that didn't auto pop. I'd load up the old save, wait for it to sync, and then go back to the PS5 to unlock it. 

no clue; haven't played any of these new ubi games - just heard people say it's too much trouble to try cross-saving every trophy

I didn't know ACV has manual saves - how many save slots are there?

The last patch auto popped all but a small handful of trophies I got in the PS4 version. Thankfully I had hard saves for those story chapters so I'm all even now. 

I assume it would work the same if I do everything on the Ps5 version, making manual saves to pop the Ps4 counterparts?

24 minutes ago, hore said:

no clue; haven't played any of these new ubi games - just heard people say it's too much trouble to try cross-saving every trophy

I didn't know ACV has manual saves - how many save slots are there?

I assume it would work the same if I do everything on the Ps5 version, making manual saves to pop the Ps4 counterparts?

Around 25 slots. I know because I hit the limit.

You can do that to be safe. It looks like most pop without trouble. But yes, make manual save every so often just in case.

The game also designates the most recent save as your Ubisoft cloud save so you can jump around if you need to. It was how I was able to re-pop some of the ones that didn't auto pop. I just went back to old saves.

• Like 1

I would just wait, game is practicaly just out. Same as watch dogs legion.

Watch dogs legion will come probably in january with fresh update for multiplayer and I wouldn't be surprised if they come with the patch that also autopops trophies.

Also, there is a lot of collectibles in Immortals, same as in Valhalla, so I firmly believe they will do also the patch for autopop - just not right now. Right now they for sure are focused to polish any game breaking bugs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverHypedG said:

Watch dogs legion will come probably in january with fresh update for multiplayer and I wouldn't be surprised if they come with the patch that also autopops trophies.

Also, there is a lot of collectibles in Immortals, same as in Valhalla, so I firmly believe they will do also the patch for autopop - just not right now. Right now they for sure are focused to polish any game breaking bugs

I agree. Auto pop will probably come. But I chose to do it this way because it was actually pretty easy since you can designate what saves go online. I also didn't want to leave it to chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickr_ said:

Doesn't seem to be working with a PS5 disc. I guess when you have the choice, pick up the ps4 disc.

I made a mistake, I thought you had the PS4 disc. Sorry yeah if you have the PS5 disc there's no way to get the PS4 version. That's why I bought the PS4 disc. Just buy PS4 going forward. Sorry for the confusion.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

Hey everyone. I've been playing this game on my PS5 but I've also been double dipping with the PS4 version to double my trophies. The game currently doesn't auto pop them (like ACV in its most recent patch), but there is an easy way around this.

Just know going in that this game has multiple auto saves with time stamps (pay attention to those times) and lets the player upload four saves to the Ubisoft cloud. 

Play the game as you would on PS5 and have the PS4 version installed, too. Play the PS5 version until you get a trophy. When that happens, check the auto saves and the times. Find the one a few minutes before you got the trophy. Upload that save using the "Send Online" option in the PS5 version. Switch over to the PS4 version and download that save by going to the "Load from Online" option on the menu of the PS4 version. Now load into it and just trigger the last thing to get that trophy. This is good for trophies like knocking down 100 trees or doing 25 vaults as you likely won't know when you'll get that last trophy-triggering one.

You can also use manual saves to do the same thing but this takes more planning. This is easier for trophies you know you're going to get like getting upgrades and wrapping up story arcs (thankfully, each story arc is something you trigger at the Hall of the Gods so you can warp there, save, and then have to do very little to unlock it in the PS4 version). Just make a manual save before you unlock a trophy on the PS5 version, upload it, trigger it on PS5, and then load it up on PS4.

It sounds tedious but it is not that bad. Let me know if you have any questions!

PS: Make sure to make some manual backups too. It will sometimes not upload the save.

This is probably a lot to ask, but would you mind making a list of where we should be making manual saves before trophies? The story ones, anyway.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

• 3 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, PortaLuna said:

I made a mistake, I thought you had the PS4 disc. Sorry yeah if you have the PS5 disc there's no way to get the PS4 version. That's why I bought the PS4 disc. Just buy PS4 going forward. Sorry for the confusion.

I have the PS5 disc and was able to download the PS4 version using the 3 dots. Maybe they changed it?

Edit: Ignore this post, I'm crazy.

Edited by NathanielJohn

On 12/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, OverHypedG said:

I bet otherwise. Trophies is the last thing they worry about. And it won't autopop for two reasons. 1. The autopop is related to how trophies are triggered in the original game - whether it's based on save data or simply triggered by an action in the game. 2. They would have to go in to change the orginal game for the trophies to autopop. 

I might be wrong tho.

I think what OP suggests is really smart and the best way to pop trophies at the moment.

I really hope all games that supports ps4 to ps5 transfer also allow backward transfer. There are games that don't. For example, marvel avengers and spiderman.  Ubisoft is already very generous at this ;)

• Like 1

One thing to be careful of with this method: the games saves the fact that you've earned some trophies, and you can't easily re-trigger them (even for trophies where you would think that you could).

For example, if you earn the "kill a flying enemy with a thrown projectile" trophy on PS5 and *then* send your save online -> PS4, you won't be able to earn that trophy on PS4, even if you perform the action again. You have to earn it from an earlier save.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 4:17 AM, NathanielJohn said:

One thing to be careful of with this method: the games saves the fact that you've earned some trophies, and you can't easily re-trigger them (even for trophies where you would think that you could).

For example, if you earn the "kill a flying enemy with a thrown projectile" trophy on PS5 and *then* send your save online -> PS4, you won't be able to earn that trophy on PS4, even if you perform the action again. You have to earn it from an earlier save.

Right, yes sorry I implied that in the post but didn't emphasize that. I will update the post.

I found that out the hard way when I reviewed it as I missed the armor trophy and had to replay the first 30 minutes or so.

Hey there people, sorry to hijack a little bit this thread but I didn't want to create a new one for a somewhat similar/related topic.
Now, I platinumed this fun game back on my PS4 a couple of months ago. Recently I finally got my hands on a PS5, and I wanted to replay this game and reattain the platinum trophy (PS5 version). I don't really like autopopping stuff (or well, in this case it's more about saving-reloading), but I didn't want to start from scratch either: after spending over 60 hours doing/collecting everything, I do not really have the time to replay it from 0. Furthermore, I would love to bump up the difficulty for this new run, while keeping all masteries/abilities/equipment that I already have.
So my question is, how does New Game Plus work when trying to getting the platinum, but on another system? Will everything work smoothly, or in any case I'll have to start a new game from scratch? I'm thinking more about the trophies which require collecting or unlocking stuff, rather than the "one-time" things like killing an enemy in a certain way. I don't mind re-doing the bare minimum like, for example, collecting a certain amount of gear: what I'm afraid about is that, given I already have them from the previous run, the game won't recognize the second time I pick them up...
Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, matkingdomhearts said:

So my question is, how does New Game Plus work when trying to getting the platinum, but on another system? 

Wont work.. I just tried it

I played this on PC, and now have PS4 and PS5 version. Trophies do not auto pop when transfering over the save... so I tried New Game +, bascially it still invalidates most of the trophies, because you cant max out your health anymore etc since they already are... even the Meet Hermes unmissable trophy from storyline did not pop.  Have to play this all over again!

• Like 1