Honk-Honk Hero venting thread.

Static_Rook

28 minutes ago, ShotgunSquirrel said:

I can't even get the second one to show up at the underground station bit. I worry this is because she gives an intellect boost and I'm already max in that. Can anyone confirm if this would stop her appearing. Been trying for ages now.

I was maxed out in most stats due to finishing all certificates at the Vocational School. I think intelligence, style and confidence were the last ones to be filled. Regardless, the first three are normally the most frequent to pop up, if not then either keep refreshing their spawn location by taking a taxi somewhere else and taking the same taxi back or you can progress further into the game and check if they have spawned when you're in the area. I don't think being maxed out in a stat affects their spawn since you can receive endless Honk Honk from them if you have the money.

The problematic ones were the last two, Honk Honk Man (can only be accessed after Chapter 11) and Honk Honk Princess in Kamurocho in the Hotel District. Multiple forward and back travelling via taxi took about 30 minutes to an hour for Honk Honk Man to show up. I'm not sure if day and night cycles affect their spawn but for reference, he appeared at night. Honk Honk Princess never appeared but immediately did after I received the honk from Honk Honk Man. 

RNG can work in games, the random battles are RNG for what enemies appear, the UFO catcher is RNG whether you get the toy or not but this is the worst kind of RNG

What skill is required in getting a taxi from place A to place B?

I know some people probably did it without a guide but for what logical reason would I run down the same back alley about 20 times without knowing there was something there in advance, you'd run down once open any safes you see and leave, this is awful legit getting close to 100,000 spent on taxis now 

Edited by Thomas2400
  • Like 2

I checked for the guy behind Sunshine at least 50 times with no luck.  When I got to Kamurocho I did some stuff, went back to check again and boom there he was.  Went back to Kamorocho and there she was for the last one.  Talk about annoying, but not as bad as trying to stay awake for the last movie, just can not do that one.

I signed up just to vent, in hopes that the RNG God will show me some mercy. I've been trying to get the Honk Honk Man, and the Kamurocho lady for hours. It's such crap. ?

Edit 1:

Got the guy. I'm convinced there's only one honk honk spawned at one time. Just gotta keep activating the others until the one you want spawns.

Edit 2:

Got the last one. Seems my theory is right.

Edited by n00banganley

On 12/12/2020 at 11:42 PM, monochromepui said:

have you guys try to change the game to the night time yet

not sure if it works for everyone but it worked for me

I would say that cuz when I changed the game to night time

I found both honk honk man at sunshine & honk honk lady at Kamorocho in a few tries

Got mine to at night time, my guess is they are have better spawn rate at night, spawned both within 5 tries

• 3 weeks later...

Well, let's try, it already worked with some trophies in the Avengers game.
The last two must be invisible or something, I've been trying for a couple of hours andh the Honk Honk Man won't appear!

Edit: 8 more tries and the Honk Honk Man appeared, the Princess appeared after the 2nd try.
Ranting about bs trophies really works, it's so weird! ?

Edited by IosonoOtakuman

• 2 weeks later...

All right let me share my experience:

- switch on my PS4, I'm near Isezaki Road so I check the underground honk honk lady. She's there

- feeling something, I search for the honk honk guy. No luck but I think about something: maybe it's the long loading screen after the switch on that spawns new elements in game, like the honk honk npcs?

- close and open the game in Ijincho, drive to Sotenbori and then walk to the honk honk lady spot: she's there

- is this gonna work? Save in front of the lady, restart the game (she's not there anymore), drive to Ijincho and walk to the honk honk guy: he's there

- sh*t get serious with the princess in Kamurocho, since at first this method doesn't work. I saved in front of her spawning spot and then restarted the game a few times but no luck, so I restart again and this time I use the app and drive to the taxi spot closest to the Hotel District, then walk from there: she's in her spot

So, I don't know if I got my RNGs in some peculiar way, but it worked for me. I suppose that the long loading screen is the key to this achievement, and the Japanese walkthrough also says that it's better to let the game load a bit using, for example, a more distant taxi spot. Got them all at night

Edited by NEO_pr0b

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, n00banganley said:

I signed up just to vent, in hopes that the RNG God will show me some mercy. I've been trying to get the Honk Honk Man, and the Kamurocho lady for hours. It's such crap. 1f629.png

Edit 1:

Got the guy. I'm convinced there's only one honk honk spawned at one time. Just gotta keep activating the others until the one you want spawns.

Edit 2:

Got the last one. Seems my theory is right.

Pretty much this. I didn't have too much trouble making all five appear, actually. Every time one of them appears in their respective spots, I just activated them, even if I already found them before.

Thus making sure that another one would spawn somewhere else.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright guys, my turn, complaining usually makes RNG pity me, so here we go, fuck the kamurocho one. Been trying for half an hour now, going around activating every honk-honk i can find, been through maybe 8 honk-honks now, still no kamurocho honk-honk. WML guys

Edit: Finally got it, took 3 more honk-honks before she spawned. Thank you RNGesus

Edited by Lord_Selrahc
update

• 3 weeks later...

Just started this, don't know when they appear. Hope I find a few before it becomes a hassle.

EDIT: After getting all five I must of been lucky cause it only took me a couple cab rides at most for like two of them. The rest were waiting for me.

Edited by AquaNSky

• 1 month later...

OK, so, as anxious as I was about pursuing this trophy I ended up getting it rather easily. Maybe my recent experience can help others?

I first caught wind of the Honk-Honk trophy around Chapter 12. At that point I got as many Honk Honks done as I could, which was the three Ijincho ones. The last Ijincho Honk Honk I got was the Honk Honk Man, but he was there the very first time I walked through the gate, didn't have to re-visit that particular one at all.

*As soon* as the game took me to Sotenbori via Story Mode I went directly to where Honk-Honk Woman should be. She was not there the first time. I walked to Taxi at far West side of the map, took that Taxi to the point closest to Sotenbori Honk Honk. Walked to Honk Honk, not there. She was there after doing this three times total.

For the final Honk Honk Princess, in Kamurocho, as soon as Story Mode took me to Kamurocho I walked directly to the Honk Honk spot at north-west corner of the map. She was there! No Taxis, no zoning out. Maybe it helps if you go directly there as soon as Story Mode puts you in?

This was all done before Premier Adventure.

Good luck, really having fun with this Platinum! Great game, characters, and story.

• 2 weeks later...