Detailed Guide for "The Odd Couple"

I somehow got it while keeping everyone alive. I'm missing the 'Angela approved of John wanting to stop Mary' because Daniel and Taylor were still alive. Perhaps they adjusted some stats, or some hidden thing not listed in the list made their affection higher. May be worth giving the Heavy Burden choices a shot on your save everyone playthrough and seeing if that raises it high enough.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, KhajiitWerewolf said:

I somehow got it while keeping everyone alive. I'm missing the 'Angela approved of John wanting to stop Mary' because Daniel and Taylor were still alive. Perhaps they adjusted some stats, or some hidden thing not listed in the list made their affection higher. May be worth giving the Heavy Burden choices a shot on your save everyone playthrough and seeing if that raises it high enough.

The extra interaction after Taylor and Daniel are killed seems to be hit-or-miss. Some people need every ounce of relationship increase for the trophy to pop (me lol), while for others, the final sledgehammer scene gives enough points to fill the rest of the bar.

But yeah, you’re right—I recommend doing an “Everyone Lives” playthrough first, especially if you don't have :silver: Salvation yet. You might luck out and get both trophies. If :silver: The Odd Couple doesn’t pop, then go back to Low Point to kill Daniel and Taylor for the extra interaction. 

I’ll update my guide to say that. 

Edited by purlinka
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you, @purlinka for the detailed guide. I just earned the trophy! I can't thank you enough because I was really struggling with this one.

I did a purely Head choice solo run before, so I did scene select and started from Confrontation and the trophy popped during Heavy Burden, as per your guide.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you very much for your guide, I finally got the trophy.

I can confirm that following John into the fog instead of saying that he did the right thing and killing both Daniel and Taylor to get the extra conversation gets you 99% of the relationship and no trophy. On the other hand, saying that he did the right thing instead of following him and keeping both Daniel and Taylor alive (so no extra conversation) is enough to get the trophy. So, if you follow John into the fog, I think it is impossible to get the trophy.

Of course you still have to do the rest of the steps.

Congratulations for your detailed guide.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for the guide, but word of advice for people playing on 1.0:

Don't bother, doesn't work. Followed guide, got all "results" in my John/Angela relationship screen, plus one extra red down arrow. The game is bugged, one interaction counted as both positive and negativa at the same time.

Just to be extra clear, I'm not complaining about the guide, which seems to be perfect. It is the game that was very buggy at launch. Guide was probably made and tested against a patched version.

So if you, like me, started playing recently (after september/2022 1.09 patch that broke the game), don't bother, you are screwed on current patch, and you are screwed on 1.0 version. I've wasted many hours attempting seemingly unobtainable trophies and having many crashes along the way. Either way out for a patch, or just don't bother with this trophy (Odd Couple) and the Compassionate Soul and All Together Now.

Thanks one more time for the guide, hopefully I'll be able to use it again if the game gets fixed.

Edit.: Coincidentally, 1 hour after posting this, patch 1.10 rolled out for me. I Downloaded and replayed the whole thing, and got the trophy, so thanks again for the guide. Got All Together Now and Compassionate Soul in the same playthrough. Just one more brain only playthrough and I'm done with this game. Such a shame, It would have been my favorite, but the technical issues and having to replay over and over unskipabble cutscenes killed my enjoyment.

Edited by IsOliveiras
New information

• 5 months later...

Since the patch detailed above, you don't need nearly as many as you previously did to get this trophy. My partner and I did it in coop, and all we got was:

1. Respected John for taking the initiative (started our playthrough in Confrontation)

2. Angela sided with Andrew, deciding she will head into town

3. Angela expressed relief that she was safely reunited with Andrew and John (story related, nothing needed for this one)

4. Angela stayed with John to face the demon together

5. We failed no qte's, and it popped when my partner succeeded his qte with Angela, hitting the demon

20 hours ago, CharlesB753 said:

Since the patch detailed above, you don't need nearly as many as you previously did to get this trophy. My partner and I did it in coop, and all we got was:

1. Respected John for taking the initiative (started our playthrough in Confrontation)

2. Angela sided with Andrew, deciding she will head into town

3. Angela expressed relief that she was safely reunited with Andrew and John (story related, nothing needed for this one)

4. Angela stayed with John to face the demon together

5. We failed no qte's, and it popped when my partner succeeded his qte with Angela, hitting the demon

We even missed that first one somehow dude lol