Crew members glitched?

Blaul_Part

I'm having an issue where crew members are randomly disappearing, and the recruitment screen has dropped to 0 possible recruitments and stays at 0 no matter what. Only answers I could find online were about WRC8, so I was just hoping that someone here might have some advice. This issue carried across saves files and persisted when I downloaded a backup save from the cloud.

Had the same problem. not sure what is going on there. My understanding is, that it does not happen to active members. Maybe there is some kind of contract thing happening and inactive members disappear because it runs out?! There is a ton of stuff going on in this game that is not well explained in my opinion. Best thing you can do, I guess your question is mainly because of the 4 legendary crewmembers you need for a trophy, is keep them active.

I also found that performing bad reduces the people interested in working for you, so in order to find new crew members you have to do well in the rallys and events.

Edited by Skargarim

• 2 weeks later...

I eventually got past this, though it was a pain. Here's the full process of what I did, in case anyone runs into the problem as well. Please note that I may have taken unnecessary steps and that your mileage may vary

1. I tried to restart career after restarting the game a couple of times, played through for a couple of months and never had the option to recruit anyone new.
  2. Since it seemed like the game itself was just bugged and not a save file, I deleted the game and all save data from my ps5. Reinstalled and started a new career in wrc-3.
  3. Played through a couple months - recruitment was fine, but I couldn't find any legendaries, so I placed some skill points into expanding my reserves and finding more rare members. At this point, recruitment broke again and I wasn't finding anyone new for about a month. I thought screw it, I guess I'm doing it the long way.
  4. I finished wrc-3 and moved up into wrc-2. A new batch of people became available to hire, but then weren't replaced in the coming calendar events. I got frustrated and tried to restart the game out of desperation in case that would fix the problem. Miraculously, it did, and new members to recruit spawned just fine thereafter. Got the trophy soon after.

I guess the takeaway would be to either not take recruitment/reserve skills, or to restart the game if you do and notice this problem. I may be completely off the mark and the skills may very well not be related at all, but I just wanted to share my experience in case it happens to help anyone else.

Another possible source of the issue is hiring all possible candidates at once, such that 0 are available for recruitment. This may cause the bug as well, as I had done this both times I encountered the issue, so to be safe, avoid doing this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Blaul_Part said:

The guide makes no mention of this glitch or how to avoid it, so not particularly useful for this thread.

Reach out to the developer then? I’ve had no issues this far, must just be a handful of people having issues. 
The walkthrough I mentioned was how to get it, so it is indeed useful.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed griefing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the bug, but I finally got rid of it!

I was having the bug since WRC2. I got through all the WRC season without being able to recruit  nobody else.

However, when I started a new season, I closed the game and started it again. Now the recruitment menu looked somewhat different, but still no new hires.

After Montecarlo, 4 new members appeared. And one event later, more members appeared, including the last legendary member I needed.

So for me, it was just needing a game restart.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lingogo77PS said:

I am also facing the same problem,

Just one question, if I start a brand new season, will I be able to get the legendary crew from WRC3 or it will only starts showing up in WRC1?

I think I started seeing legendary crew at WRC2, maybe WRC3.

• Like 1