Will I be able to use an American PS4 in Europe?

Rubieno

Probably, but I think you're better off cancelling your order. It will take a few weeks to be delivered from the US to Belgium and you will most likely have to pay taxes.

So you end up paying more and most likely have to wait longer than the 29th.

And I'm not so sure how that would work.

• Like 1

Probably, but I think you're better off cancelling your order. It will take a few weeks to be delivered from the US to Belgium and you will most likely have to pay taxes.

So you end up paying more and most likely have to wait longer than the 29th.

And I'm not so sure how that would work.

Actually, I have a profit of 70 euros lol :P

I pretty sure you could if you just by an adapter for the plugs.

I can't seem to find any adaptors :( And can those be trusted?

Actually, I have a profit of 70 euros lol :P

I can't seem to find any adaptors :( And can those be trusted?

I wouldn't trust the adapters. I think you're better off selling the US ps4 and buy an EU ps4 with the money you make.

Edit: I reread your OP and realized you're talking about plug adapters. The biggest difference between NA and EU electronics is that our electricity runs on 60 hertz where I believe EU is 50. There are adapters for this, but I don't know if it's the same thing as what you're trying to find and why I wouldn't trust them if you could find them.

Edited by Rowdi

I'm quite sure PS4, same as PS3, will have universal PSU that can be used on 120V and 230V electric networks alike, without any issues.

All you would need to use US PS4 in Europe is standardized cable with plug used in your country (as seen http://www.consolemate.com.au/images/fig8pwr11.jpg and http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/223736417.jpg).

Considering you've ordered from big store (if you ordered from amazon proper, not from private seller using amazon as a platform), it is almost certain that package will have sticked with item's value and other data for customs, which will almost certainly result in 21% VAT being added (base VAT in Belgium), as well as possible custom/import tax (country dependent - usually not as high as VAT though - 5-10% possibly).

Beside that, there might be some issues with warranty, as your console is sold by SCEA, not SCEE. I don't expect any major issues with PS4, but just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't recommend getting brand new, possibly flawed hardware from offshore supplier. Personally, I'll be getting mine from stationary store, and getting additional store-based insurance will full, 4 years protection, for additional 20% of item's value. It's better to pay more now, than risk getting 2-3 consoles throughout generation (especially with base Sony's warranty being only 12 months). But that's just my opinion.

I'm quite sure PS4, same as PS3, will have universal PSU that can be used on 120V and 230V electric networks alike, without any issues.

All you would need to use US PS4 in Europe is standardized cable with plug used in your country (as seen http://www.consolemate.com.au/images/fig8pwr11.jpg and http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/223736417.jpg).

Considering you've ordered from big store (if you ordered from amazon proper, not from private seller using amazon as a platform), it is almost certain that package will have sticked with item's value and other data for customs, which will almost certainly result in 21% VAT being added (base VAT in Belgium), as well as possible custom/import tax (country dependent - usually not as high as VAT though - 5-10% possibly).

Beside that, there might be some issues with warranty, as your console is sold by SCEA, not SCEE. I don't expect any major issues with PS4, but just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't recommend getting brand new, possibly flawed hardware from offshore supplier. Personally, I'll be getting mine from stationary store, and getting additional store-based insurance will full, 4 years protection, for additional 20% of item's value. It's better to pay more now, than risk getting 2-3 consoles throughout generation (especially with base Sony's warranty being only 12 months). But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the advice man :)