console shutdown/brick playing this crap

Does anybody know if activision has any plans to fix their stupid game from bricking consoles.  only game i ever played that forces my console to shut off and rebuild storage several times a day.  there shit is unplayable in it's current state.  Crazy thing is it didn't start happening until i hosted a private lobby and now it won't stop.  It also has happened now when I was sitting in the home screen without a single application open however I'm convinced that playing Cold war somehow started it all.  Could be wrong but I didn't have a issue with my ps5 shutting down and repairing storage until private zombies match now it happens at least once a day.  

I've played a lot of games on my PS5 and it has only shut itself off while playing the zombies mode in this game. It's definitely not your console. And to my knowledge, the only advice Treyarch has given is to turn off ray tracing and make sure your console is up to date, which is pretty much another way of saying they have no clue why it's happening.

Season 1 update is in a few days, so that would be the earliest the crashing is addressed.

4 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I've played a lot of games on my PS5 and it has only shut itself off while playing the zombies mode in this game. It's definitely not your console. And to my knowledge, the only advice Treyarch has given is to turn off ray tracing and make sure your console is up to date, which is pretty much another way of saying they have no clue why it's happening.

Season 1 update is in a few days, so that would be the earliest the crashing is addressed.

Aside from the fact that it ruins the time your having playing cold war it is real stressful to see the console shut completely off and rebuild itself. I'm on the phone with sony support even though i realize they are not at fault i feel like if i complain to them and enough people do possibly they put pressure on activision.  this is unacceptable in my opinion.  

So through my conversation with Sony they're telling me that they are working with activision and a patch should be incoming to fix this issue.  They had me turn off ray tracing on Cold War and put the console in performance mode.  they tell me that unless you have the TV with the proper hdmi port 2.0 or whatever it is you really need to put it into performance mode to help avoid these types of crashes.  unfortunate because i notice a graphical decline for sure.  For the most part the only crashing I get is with Ps5 games so I guess that kind of makes a lot of since.  He tells me the patch should help you get the higher resolution the majority of the time. He indicated the next time your console has an update should address this issue.  I have my doubts as i believe it will be necessary to use performance mode and have lower output to eliminate crashes entirely. I guess a new tv will eventually be the next purchase.  Basically the ps4 pro 4k capabilities weren't good enough for my 4k tv and now the ps5 is too good.  this whole 4k thing never works no matter what you buy it seems.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TokyoHome said:

Game was running great this last week, then today 2 hard crashes.  Had to restart PS5 both times.

When Activision charges what they do, the game should work.

Same, as far as i can tell seems like the server side patch to implement challenges has ruined stability on ps5 again.  This was seemingly fixed with the season 1 patch.  Maybe reverted some old code or something, hopefully they fix it soon.