Avoiding autopop

lew

Disconnect from the Internet, then launch and earn a trophy versing ai bots. Next time you launch the game online, it'll ask if you want to use your local save or online save data. I'm assuming choosing local won't autopop your trophies (I could be very wrong), but mine popped immediately after I chose online save data. 

There's also a thing where if you haven't played in a long time, trophies won't autopop either. I just launched the game on an account I haven't played siege on since Jan 2020 and nothing autopopped. That allows me to enjoy the list again, or launch ps4 version and connect to the servers, and then return to the ps5 version for it to autopop. 

Edited by Riszcky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Riszcky said:

Disconnect from the Internet, then launch and earn a trophy versing ai bots. Next time you launch the game online, it'll ask if you want to use your local save or online save data. I'm assuming choosing local won't autopop your trophies (I could be very wrong), but mine popped immediately after I chose online save data. 

There's also a thing where if you haven't played in a long time, trophies won't autopop either. I just launched the game on an account I haven't played siege on since Jan 2020 and nothing autopopped. That allows me to enjoy the list again, or launch ps4 version and connect to the servers, and then return to the ps5 version for it to autopop. 

I have the plat on 2 accounts so I was able to test. On the account I tested, I earned the plat in 2016 with the old list. This is what I did:

1. Launched the PS4 version (on PS5) and closed it after connecting to the servers.
  2. Launched the PS5 version while disconnected from the internet.
  3. Earned the Accessorizing trophy.
  4. Reconnected to my network without closing the game.
  5. The game reconnected to the servers and only the level 50 trophy popped.
  6. Closed the game, reopened and selected the online save data option.
  7. No autopop. 

I'm not sure if this is a definitive way to avoid it, but it worked for me on my old account that hasn't played the game in years. Just to make sure, to get the autopop do you need to launch the game on a PS4 or is launching the PS4 version on a PS5 enough? 

6 minutes ago, lewqu said:

I have the plat on 2 accounts so I was able to test. On the account I tested, I earned the plat in 2016 with the old list. This is what I did:

1. Launched the PS4 version (on PS5) and closed it after connecting to the servers.
  2. Launched the PS5 version while disconnected from the internet.
  3. Earned the Accessorizing trophy.
  4. Reconnected to my network without closing the game.
  5. The game reconnected to the servers and only the level 50 trophy popped.
  6. Closed the game, reopened and selected the online save data option.
  7. No autopop. 

I'm not sure if this is a definitive way to avoid it, but it worked for me on my old account that hasn't played the game in years. Just to make sure, to get the autopop do you need to launch the game on a PS4 or is launching the PS4 version on a PS5 enough? 

Not too sure about ps4 version on ps5. I didn't test it too much. May even help playing a game to update some stats, not sure. People have worked out how to do it in another thread 

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

May I know why you want to avoid it?

Same as Riszcky for me. I don't mind the autopop all that much (although I'd like to avoid it if possible) but I'd rather not have a 1 second platinum on my profile. If it autopops but I was able to earn a trophy a few days before then I don't mind as much. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/12/2020 at 7:06 AM, BrettyBoy said:

Does the auto pop work the opposite way, like, can I earn trophies on the PS5 version of this game and then have them auto pop on PS4?

Yes you can. They'll insta pop after choosing what save you want to use 

• Like 2