Any good platinum walkthroughs for this game?

I have never played FF8 before, so all the junctioning amd draws thing is new (and complicated) to me. Are there any good 100% plat walkthroughs that include the missables and give strategy tips?

I kind of only want to play for the plat so want to be as efficient as possible. Most guides seem to be geared towards the PS1 version

Also, I notice in the PS4 version that there is boosting to increase stats to max. Is this useful and does it make the platinum easier?

Sorry is if these questions seem dumb, I'm totally new to this game and the mechanics seem different to other JRPGs I have played. 

• Like 1

On ‎03‎.‎12‎.‎2020 at 7:40 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I have never played FF8 before, so all the junctioning amd draws thing is new (and complicated) to me. Are there any good 100% plat walkthroughs that include the missables and give strategy tips?

Junctioning is complicated in the beginning but after a while you get the hand of it.

In the beginning you can autojunction to either Health Points, Strength, Magic. Use that as it is good enough for your first playthrough.

Every Spell has certain value they can add to HP, Strength, Magic, etc.

The more spells you have (up to 100 per character) the stronger that spell makes you.

For example 1 Fire gives you a smaller boost in your stats than 100 Fire.

But 100 Holy give you a larger boost in your stats than 100 Fire.

You can only junction one spell to one stat.

To unlock the junctioning you first have to give a G.F. to the characters (via junctioning them).

I kind of only want to play for the plat so want to be as efficient as possible. Most guides seem to be geared towards the PS1 version

PS1 guides are fine. The only thing you need to watch out for are the missable G.F. that you have to draw. Every other trophy is not missable.

Also, I notice in the PS4 version that there is boosting to increase stats to max. Is this useful and does it make the platinum easier?

They make the platinum a lot easier since you can avoid fights early on and you are basically invincible.

Sorry is if these questions seem dumb, I'm totally new to this game and the mechanics seem different to other JRPGs I have played. 

There are no dumb questions.

FF8's gameplay system is complicated. Especially Junction since they combined everything into that one super-system. (Weapons, Armor, Magic, Abilities, Stats, Elements, Status-Defense etc.) 

• Like 2