Save transferring

mddowlin

Since you can transfer your save data between different platform versions of this game, if that unlocks trophies, is that okay or would this site count it as cheating? If I do pick up this game, I think I'd prefer to play it mainly on switch and it would be nice to have the option to transfer it over to playstation to unlock trophies

On 12/4/2020 at 2:52 AM, mddowlin said:

Since you can transfer your save data between different platform versions of this game, if that unlocks trophies, is that okay or would this site count it as cheating? If I do pick up this game, I think I'd prefer to play it mainly on switch and it would be nice to have the option to transfer it over to playstation to unlock trophies

It is absolutely okay, as it's an actual in game feature as with other PS4 to PS5 upgrades. However, for Immortals, transferring saves doesn't make the trophies autopop, you still have to complete the actions. So you'd have to make a bunch of smart manual saves before trophies are meant to pop and finish the requirements on PS.

20 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

It is absolutely okay, as it's an actual in game feature as with other PS4 to PS5 upgrades. However, for Immortals, transferring saves doesn't make the trophies autopop, you still have to complete the actions. So you'd have to make a bunch of smart manual saves before trophies are meant to pop and finish the requirements on PS.

What a bummer but thank you for the reply

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6-12-2020 at 5:31 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

i was ready to do this game on ps5 and then redo it on ps4 but i just tried it out and it gotta be really smart saving. like i had uploaded 2 saves. one where i got the trophy and another one before i got the trophy and had chopped 96 trees. on the save where i had the trophy i chopped 20 trees and trophy refused to pop then i downloaded the 96 tree save and it popped after 4 trees so i think aslong when u save right before the trophy and upload it it should be fine

On 04/12/2020 at 7:52 AM, mddowlin said:

I'd recommend using save transfers to do the final boss fight quickly as you get an auto save just before the fight, I did this as the game crashed once while on the boss then on my second try the fight glitched and typhon wouldn't take any damage and my third time was fine, the build up to the boss is long and takes a good 1 or 2 hours to do all the platforming and the actual fight

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

So, if I am understanding correctly, I was up to the final boss on the PS4 version and had a few trophies left. I am upgrading to the PS5 version now to beat the boss and finish the platinum...but I have to re-earn all the trophies again for the PS5 list? Forget that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I did a bunch of smart Saving/Transfer for another Ubisoft title AC Valhalla, and it helped remove some of the tedium, but I still replayed most of it on PS5 once I got one on April 2021, I mostly used it to not have to redo the Mastery Challenges for example, they aren't super hard but initially many were buggy which made them harder than they should. 

I might do the same for IFR once I get to the DLC that has Challenges for what I see. So even when it isn't as useful as a Trophy auto-pop upon transfer it still helps removing the tedium. And if the game is fun (for me) I would naturally replay it at least one, so one for PS4 and another for PS5 comes natural for me. 

I wish they release a PS5 version for AC Origins and Odyssey, I replayed those over 5 times each when I didn't had any trophy to go for hehe. 

At least a big game is getting a PS5 version soon (free upgrade from PS4) Fallout 4, I'm hyped for that one.