Ps4 can't see Friends while Playing game ps3

tlal_q8_22

10 minutes ago, GarryKE said:

Huh. I knew you couldn't see your PS4-online friends on your PS3 but not the other way around.

I've had my PS4 for several years now and I find something I never thought of.

I feel like I've slipped into an alternate dimension, I could've sworn that the PS4 could see people playing PS3 games... I know it lets you see folk on playing on their vita

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Sony removed the ability to see PS3 online friends online when they released the party update. It's a really scummy move designed to push people to move to PS5 or stay on PS4. 

I didn’t even notice they had removed this feature. I move through life with my head in the clouds, or up my ass depending on who you ask.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Sony removed the ability to see PS3 online friends online when they released the party update. It's a really scummy move designed to push people to move to PS5 or stay on PS4. 

I have learned something new. I remember being able to see my friends on whatever system they were on when I first got the PS4 on launch. Be it PS3 or Vita. Now it makes sense to me that all I see is people on PS4 or PS5 now. 

• 4 weeks later...

A very disappointing move by Sony. There’s no reason to disconnect services like this. A lot of people buy all of their consoles and games. I have all systems. I like being able to play older stuff as well as new. Maybe while I’m playing an older game someone on the new one wants me to join them? I don’t see how this helps pushing people to new hardware. We pay monthly for their services we shouldn’t be losing more and paying more

• Like 2