Gamehelp

PS3 and Vita sales?

46 posts in this topic

Been watching for a while now, and i've noticed since the change to the PS store and removing the PS3 and Vita titles from the browser store, that those platforms haven't received any sales.

Maybe this was the reason behind hiding these platforms from the browser version of the store?  Because it was annoying creating a sale list for them? 

Has anyone noticed any PS3 or Vita titles on sale recently?

No,i believe that the 2 systems are dead and buried for sony and there arent any sales or deals for both except games of ratalaika that you can play in ps4/ps vita

The "EU" region's last big Vita sale was in January 2019. I don't think we can expect any more sales happening in the future now that the web store is gone.

been looking for some but there never seems to be sales for PS3 anymore, used to happen all the time along with PS4 on the browser store

Just now, locoporkko said:

No,i believe that the 2 systems are dead and buried for sony and there arent any sales or deals for both except games of ratalaika that you can play in ps4/ps vita

Looks that way, been holding out for "临终:重生试炼" - dying reborn china vita stack, but last time it was on sale was December 2019, I guess i'll cave and pay full price then..  before they potentially get de-listed, same goes with a bunch of other titles, not really worth mentioning them here.

3 minutes ago, WhoElseBut-Matty said:

been looking for some but there never seems to be sales for PS3 anymore, used to happen all the time along with PS4 on the browser store

I've still seen sales on PS3/Vita, all the way up until the store got changed..  doesn't really make sense to me, they've completely hidden their 20 whatever so years of gaming..

Even the JP Vita store isn't getting sales, and that market I thought was pretty big in comparison, I guess I was wrong maybe.

The publishers of PS3 and Vita games don’t even care enough any more to put their own stuff on sale or even reduce their prices. They can sit back and have full price revenue trickle in for doing nothing at all.

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The publishers of PS3 and Vita games don’t even care enough any more to put their own stuff on sale or even reduce their prices. They can sit back and have full price revenue trickle in for doing nothing at all.

Is it even the publishers?  Do you not think it's odd that sales for these platforms completely stop once the store gets changed?

Edited by Gamehelp

6 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

The sales stopped long before the store change. Last sale in NA was back in February. Last sale in EU was in 2019. Devs can't even request for vita games to be on sale anymore. Thats why when crossbuy games are on sale now its only the PS4 versions on sale and not the Vita versions. PS3 games are likely in the same boat.

I didn't know that :(. I guess it's now or never for the handful of Vita games I still want to get :(.

I've read for a long time Sony just straight up doesnt allow sales for old platforms. Unless its cross buy, you're out of luck.

Lot of games I'd love to own, but they're stuck at almost full MSRP 10 years later. 

The handful of vita games I want will cost me $200+, and that's just.. geez.

Edited by Faenix1

Last time I saw any sales, was in August 2019, when I bought Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition for PS3 from UK store for 2.50 GBP. Nothing since then...

2 hours ago, Gamehelp said:

Is it even the publishers?  Do you not think it's odd that sales for these platforms completely stop once the store gets changed?

Sales require both the publisher and Sony. Sony can’t just mark down a publishers products and reduce their income and they have no say. It’s just like any other retailer. When you walk through a store, sale items aren’t just the retailer taking a big hit and lowering prices, they’re negotiated with the manufacturer to reduce wholesale costs and increase supply for limited times to accommodate sales. 

I highly doubt Sony doesn’t allow sale markdowns on Vita/PS3/PSP. Maybe Sony wouldn’t include notification in Promotions like blog posts or front page adverts, but Sony doesn’t own their products and it doesn’t make sense for them to not allow markdowns. 

Really miss the sales. Always used to look forward to looking through them whenever a PS4 sale was on.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah, but no. It is Sony. I follow a few devs on Twitter that are still making Vita games. Sony won't allow them to include Vita titles in sales anymore. They can discount the PS4 game if it is part of a crossbuy, but the Vita price can't be changed unless the dev wants to permanently decrease the price. Sony hasn't updated the Vita store in months, they aren't even adding new releases and for a bit recently you couldn't even download Vita games from your library.

That’s the type of specifics I question. “Being included in a sale” meaning part of a promotion? I’m sure the devs wont share exactly what the communication between the two look like, but again I doubt the story being portrayed. 

No chance in hell. Probably only with cross-buy titles, but currently the only focus is the PS4. So it has to be a PS4/Vita title, or PS4/PS3, or PS4/PS3/Vita.

Your best bet is to hope they gave us another 20% or 25% discount code sincr it looks unlikely there will be more PS3/Vita sales anymore.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That’s the type of specifics I question. “Being included in a sale” meaning part of a promotion? I’m sure the devs wont share exactly what the communication between the two look like, but again I doubt the story being portrayed. 

I mean I can't force you to believe it. There are still devs dropping Vita games. Many are crossbuy. They discount the PS4 versions but not the Vita versions. It wouldn't make much sense to do that.

The web store no longer shows PS3 or Vita games and the store on those consoles isn't updated - so if a Vita game went on sale, how would anyone know since the Vita store won't be serviced by Sony?

Maybe @breathofwater or @luckydonut can give a more official, 'on the record' confirmation. I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by diskdocx

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Devs and publishers have a say on other platforms, like Steam, but not on PSN.

8 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Devs and publishers have a say on other platforms, like Steam, but not on PSN.

As in Sony takes all ownership of items on PSN? That seems a bit extreme and I find it hard to believe all publishers and developers up to this point just hand over their hard work and pray Sony not sell all their items at a loss and give them no money. 

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

No chance in hell. Probably only with cross-buy titles, but currently the only focus is the PS4. So it has to be a PS4/Vita title, or PS4/PS3, or PS4/PS3/Vita.

^^This

End of October I bought around 70 indie games on the "indie sale" for the ps4, and I luckily got 43 ps vita versions of those games, so if you are looking for ps3 or ps vita games on sale better checks ps4 games that are cross buy

Edited by RuFfLeS_eXtReMe

The decision to not do any more PS3 sales are clearly Sony's. No way in hell all publishers would come into an agreement to stop doing them lol

Its a shame what they are doing... I am gonna get PS5 but I still play PS3 titles, I am currently doing the platinum of Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time...